plasma and compressors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plasma and compressors

hey guys im wanting to buy a plasma 375 xtreme. i have a craftsman air compressor with a 5.5 hp electric moter and a 33 gallon tank. the motor kicks out at 120 psi and kicks back on at 90 psi. im just wondering if my compressor has enough jam to run a 375. thanks

375 Extreme Plasma !!!

Originally posted by 57Belair View Post
    hey guys im wanting to buy a plasma 375 xtreme. i have a craftsman air compressor with a 5.5 hp electric moter and a 33 gallon tank. the motor kicks out at 120 psi and kicks back on at 90 psi. im just wondering if my compressor has enough jam to run a 375. thanks
    57 Belair; Hello and Welcome ;

You Have Enough Power & Pressure, No Problem !!

I'm running a 5hp. -- 20 Gal. Compressor ,No Problem Here !!

............. Norm
    www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Re-boot

Originally posted by 57Belair View Post
      Compressor should be no problem. However, there is one thing to be aware of with the 375 X (or maybe it's just my machine). If the pressure falls below the amount the machine needs, the machine, of course, stops working until operating pressure is restored. With the regular 375, this was never a problem. I would just wait for the compressor to catch up and continue. However, frequently my 375 X will not recognize when pressure has been restored and will not work until it has been shut off and re-started or re-booted. Took me a while to figure that one out.

Comment

FWIW I turn my compresser up alittle higher and set the low pressure to a little higher and then regulate it on the line connected to my Plasma- (Hypertherm PM-45) It does much better there! Also I have a air dryer on the main run and another connected right at the plasma--From experience you will get better life from the consumables.

Hope that is heplful,
        Tim
        sigpicRetired Elevator Consrtructor Local 19 IUEC
        AK bush pilot (no longer in AK) too old and no longer bold)
        Chaplain CMA chapter 26
        Dynasty200dx (new and loving it)
        MM-252 (NEW AND LEARNING IT)
        Hypertherm PM-45
        Miller 140 mig 110v
        Vtwin builder

Comment

thanks

thanks for your advise boys on my plasma/compressor question.

Comment

Working...
          X