millermatic 211 or Extreme 8vs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• millermatic 211 or Extreme 8vs

running TB 302 ...trying to decide between the 2 for light mobile wirefeed jobs...leaning towards 211 as it can act as a standalone..was thinking of upgrading m-10 gun to something more rugged ...has anyone tried the211...and whats the variaty of 8'' rolls heard its limited...thanks for info
    ''True genius,in many fields of human endeaver,is often revealed in elegant simplicity"

reggie,

The TB302 is a great mig welder but if you truly need a versitile machine for light duty mig welding AND also want it for stand alone work, the 211 OR Passport is a good option.
    If you need all the power the TB can give you to weld thicker weldments, the 12RC is the way to go.

Good luck
    A-

Comment

I bought a Hobart 210 instead of a feeder (about a month before the Miller 211 was introduced ) & that thing is HEAVY! If you want portable, get the feeder.
      Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
      My own shop since 1981
      Cya Frank

Comment

Originally posted by reggie View Post
        running TB 302 ...trying to decide between the 2 for light mobile wirefeed jobs...leaning towards 211 as it can act as a standalone..was thinking of upgrading m-10 gun to something more rugged ...has anyone tried the211...and whats the variaty of 8'' rolls heard its limited...thanks for info
        do you do a lot of outside welding.? gas or no gas ? if you want you can send me the mm211 and i'll try it out for you LOL. i'd love one for welding in shop. i only have a 30amp 220 outlet.
        TB 325
        TB 302
        dynasty 200sd
        spoolmatic 30a/wc24
        suitcase x-treme 12vs
        miller 211
        evolution rage 2

Comment

I bought one of the 211's of 2/2 and have used it for several jobs...

I'm not a welder by any stretch opf the imagination...just like good tool and like the versatility and "no brainer" settings on the 211. The MVP system is really a great feature....

I'm actually bidding on a Bernanrd Q200 for it....I'll let you know how it goes.

Here are a couple of my novice welds on a recent project with the 211...It's an octagon fire pit...made with 1/4" steel plate
          Attached Files

Comment

Bought the MM211 a couple of weeks ago and am really liking it! I'm just a novice at this point but took it down to a professional friends shop and he was impressed with the capabilities of the 211. I had him evaluate the auto-set feature and he felt that the settings were pretty close to ideal. Now back to practice, practice, practice....

Comment

Working...
            X