X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m.k.swelding
    replied
    dont spend to much

With you starting out just get something simple that is easy to use and simple to operate. In this starting process you dont need a fancy machine with all the toys included. When you get more est. and more practice then I would upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• vin-man welding
    replied
    he did say something about working three jobs for it.
    and back when i was in high school welding was done by rubbing the metal together fast enough for it to melt and stick together. OK not that old but not much more then you chose of a tomb stone or a tomb stone.

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    The HH140 does not connect to a Spool Gun-

I thought USA was in High School ... you guys had 3 grand when you were in High School?

Leave a comment:

• vin-man welding
    replied
    Originally posted by schwede View Post
    if ask me id get a hobart 140 handler you can put a spool gun on it if u want and it uses flux-cored or gas so you have the option to not have to spend alot of money on gas at first. I bought my HH 140 for $439 brand new at TSC plus it came with an auto shading helmet.and its also very easy to set up.
    the hobart 140 is a good machine i use on at my friends shop but if you have to weld over 1/4 plate then what? USA is going to be one of the great tig and stick welders to ever get splater burned. ok maybe not but he is looking for tig for sure.

Leave a comment:

• schwede
    replied
    k

if ask me id get a hobart 140 handler you can put a spool gun on it if u want and it uses flux-cored or gas so you have the option to not have to spend alot of money on gas at first. I bought my HH 140 for $439 brand new at TSC plus it came with an auto shading helmet.and its also very easy to set up.

Leave a comment:

• vin-man welding
    replied
    Originally posted by usa1327 View Post
    Im looking to save up for a welder but dont know what one to get. i was thinking the diversion TIG welder but i might want to use other processes. so i need some advice.
    id say do with the dyn.200 it's a great overall and usefull machince. and if you need something bigger you'd get your money back on reselling it.

Leave a comment:

• Craig in Denver
    replied
    Buy a used TA-185, at minimum. Or a Dynasty 200 DX. Both are expensive. The Diversion won't stick weld, so it's a single process welder; a deal killer for me. Spend the money now, it's a lifetime investment.

srry but i didnt think you ever asked wht kind of welding just what i wanted to weld on.

So is this a test? We're supposed to be mind readers? And what's srry and wht?

Leave a comment:

• usa1327
    replied
    Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    Sweet- it only took 10 posts to discover you want a Tig machine- information that would be good in the first post.

Look for a used Sync- you already know the price of a new one
    srry but i didnt think you ever asked wht kind of welding just what i wanted to weld on.

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    its a syncrowave i think but it must be an older model cuz the ones on the site dont look anything like it. i just want something to gett used to TIG welding.
    Sweet- it only took 10 posts to discover you want a Tig machine- information that would be good in the first post.

Look for a used Sync- you already know the price of a new one

Leave a comment:

• usa1327
    replied
    Depends on how much you make at dem 3 jobs.

Adding Alooominum into the Mix adds to the Cost

What machine are you using at School?
    its a syncrowave i think but it must be an older model cuz the ones on the site dont look anything like it. i just want something to gett used to TIG welding.

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    like how expensive. like working 3 jobs as much as possible expensive?
    Depends on how much you make at dem 3 jobs.

Adding Alooominum into the Mix adds to the Cost

What machine are you using at School?

Leave a comment:

• usa1327
    replied
    "The works" machines are quite 'spensive
    like how expensive. like working 3 jobs as much as possible expensive?

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    almost anything and everything. copper aluminum steels. the works
    "The works" machines are quite 'spensive

Leave a comment:

• kiwi
    replied
    almost anything and everything. copper aluminum steels. the works
    The second question would be how much do you want to spend?

Leave a comment:

• usa1327
    replied
    Originally posted by ridesideways View Post
    get a used popular welder. that way, in a few months when you figure out what welder you really want, you can sell the first welder on ebay and not take a big loss.
    a good used popular welder. hmm and those would be?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X