Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

good starter welder

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • good starter welder

    Im looking to save up for a welder but dont know what one to get. i was thinking the diversion TIG welder but i might want to use other processes. so i need some advice.
    welding gear:
    umm duz super glue and duck tape count.

    Metal working gear:
    umm chainmail pliersx2
    8" bolt cutters
    and a 3/8" metal dowel=))

  • #2
    You gotta tell us what you want to weld
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
      You gotta tell us what you want to weld
      almost anything and everything. copper aluminum steels. the works
      welding gear:
      umm duz super glue and duck tape count.

      Metal working gear:
      umm chainmail pliersx2
      8" bolt cutters
      and a 3/8" metal dowel=))

      Comment


      • #4
        get a used popular welder. that way, in a few months when you figure out what welder you really want, you can sell the first welder on ebay and not take a big loss.
        miller dynasty 350
        miller spectrum 1000

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ridesideways View Post
          get a used popular welder. that way, in a few months when you figure out what welder you really want, you can sell the first welder on ebay and not take a big loss.
          a good used popular welder. hmm and those would be?
          welding gear:
          umm duz super glue and duck tape count.

          Metal working gear:
          umm chainmail pliersx2
          8" bolt cutters
          and a 3/8" metal dowel=))

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by usa1327 View Post
            almost anything and everything. copper aluminum steels. the works
            The second question would be how much do you want to spend?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by usa1327 View Post
              almost anything and everything. copper aluminum steels. the works
              "The works" machines are quite 'spensive
              Ed Conley
              http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
              MM252
              MM211
              Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
              TA185
              Miller 125c Plasma 120v
              O/A set
              SO 2020 Bender
              You can call me Bacchus

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
                "The works" machines are quite 'spensive
                like how expensive. like working 3 jobs as much as possible expensive?
                welding gear:
                umm duz super glue and duck tape count.

                Metal working gear:
                umm chainmail pliersx2
                8" bolt cutters
                and a 3/8" metal dowel=))

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by usa1327 View Post
                  like how expensive. like working 3 jobs as much as possible expensive?
                  Depends on how much you make at dem 3 jobs.


                  Adding Alooominum into the Mix adds to the Cost

                  What machine are you using at School?
                  Ed Conley
                  http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                  MM252
                  MM211
                  Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                  TA185
                  Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                  O/A set
                  SO 2020 Bender
                  You can call me Bacchus

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
                    Depends on how much you make at dem 3 jobs.


                    Adding Alooominum into the Mix adds to the Cost

                    What machine are you using at School?
                    its a syncrowave i think but it must be an older model cuz the ones on the site dont look anything like it. i just want something to gett used to TIG welding.
                    welding gear:
                    umm duz super glue and duck tape count.

                    Metal working gear:
                    umm chainmail pliersx2
                    8" bolt cutters
                    and a 3/8" metal dowel=))

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by usa1327 View Post
                      its a syncrowave i think but it must be an older model cuz the ones on the site dont look anything like it. i just want something to gett used to TIG welding.
                      Sweet- it only took 10 posts to discover you want a Tig machine- information that would be good in the first post.

                      Look for a used Sync- you already know the price of a new one
                      Ed Conley
                      http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                      MM252
                      MM211
                      Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                      TA185
                      Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                      O/A set
                      SO 2020 Bender
                      You can call me Bacchus

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
                        Sweet- it only took 10 posts to discover you want a Tig machine- information that would be good in the first post.

                        Look for a used Sync- you already know the price of a new one
                        srry but i didnt think you ever asked wht kind of welding just what i wanted to weld on.
                        welding gear:
                        umm duz super glue and duck tape count.

                        Metal working gear:
                        umm chainmail pliersx2
                        8" bolt cutters
                        and a 3/8" metal dowel=))

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Buy a used TA-185, at minimum. Or a Dynasty 200 DX. Both are expensive. The Diversion won't stick weld, so it's a single process welder; a deal killer for me. Spend the money now, it's a lifetime investment.

                          srry but i didnt think you ever asked wht kind of welding just what i wanted to weld on.

                          So is this a test? We're supposed to be mind readers? And what's srry and wht?
                          RETIRED desk jockey.

                          Hobby weldor with a little training.

                          Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

                          Miller Syncrowave 250.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by usa1327 View Post
                            Im looking to save up for a welder but dont know what one to get. i was thinking the diversion TIG welder but i might want to use other processes. so i need some advice.
                            id say do with the dyn.200 it's a great overall and usefull machince. and if you need something bigger you'd get your money back on reselling it.
                            TB 325
                            TB 302
                            dynasty 200sd
                            spoolmatic 30a/wc24
                            suitcase x-treme 12vs
                            miller 211
                            evolution rage 2

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              k

                              if ask me id get a hobart 140 handler you can put a spool gun on it if u want and it uses flux-cored or gas so you have the option to not have to spend alot of money on gas at first. I bought my HH 140 for $439 brand new at TSC plus it came with an auto shading helmet.and its also very easy to set up.
                              serious welder lol!!!!

                              hobart 140 handler
                              dewalt mitor saw
                              makita grinder
                              dewalt saw
                              dewalt drill gun
                              a nice hammer
                              and some clamps

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X