Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Great Canadian Picnic"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Dave, I worked with a guy who played junior with Messier and he said that even after a hard practice when all the guys were spent, "Mess" would try to provoke anybody for a wrestle. Thats just a mention about his stamina, NO ONE in the league would want to scrap with him either. acwd1950, poutine( pronounced, pooh-teen) is a thick cut french fries with even thicker gravy on top with melted cheese spread all over. It's fairly tasty but I recommend just one helping a year as the cholesterol and other nasty's will give your heart and bloodstream a run for its money.

    Comment


    • #17
      "Potatoes Poutine"

      Yep, might get the ol' arteries runnin' a lil' thick!

      Cornerstone: Gretz was great, no doubt about it. He needed a guy like Kuri (modern day Beliveau) to compliment his style. "Mess" was like Howe, Hull, Orr, all rolled into one. More like the "Rocket," If you know who I'm talkin' about. That same intimidating look as Richard.

      I have an '87 Oiler's Sweater autographed by the team when they came down to Scottsdale for a "breather." Coffey signed it right on the crest!

      Just in case, I ordered a 39 oz can of Tim Horton's Coffee from Amazon.

      Stay warm

      Dave
      Last edited by davedarragh; 02-05-2009, 12:10 PM.
      "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

      Comment


      • #18
        I will have to try and make them. They sound good. I have a friend and his wife is from Canada. She told me where but dont remember the name of the town. London keeps popping in my head for some reason? Sound right?

        Steve
        Dont force it, use a BIGGER hammer.

        Linde VI-252C and Linde wire feeder.
        Hobart Cyberwave 300c.
        HH 140.
        Miller Big 40.
        Lincoln SAE 200J.
        Hobart GR-303.
        Lincoln tombstone welder.
        TD Cutmaster 52.
        Hobart Stickmate.
        Miller 211 w/ Spoolgun.
        Lincoln SA 200.

        Comment


        • #19
          London, Ont. !!

          Originally posted by acwd1950 View Post
          I will have to try and make them. They sound good. I have a friend and his wife is from Canada. She told me where but dont remember the name of the town. London keeps popping in my head for some reason? Sound right?

          Steve
          Steve; I'm about 40 miles from London, Ontario. If you crossed the boarder
          At Detroit, Windsor crossing, just hang a right for about a 100mi. or
          so, and you would pass London, I'm another 40mi. or so farther !!

          I'm Canadian & I Ain't Never tried Poutine( & never would Yuk )
          Now Tim Hortons that's a Different Story ( The Best Coffee )

          ............. Norm :
          www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

          Comment


          • #20
            Norm,
            That sounds about right. Thats how they go up there. Tim Horton coffee? Never heard of it. May have to find some and try it. Is there different flavors? Or is it plain ol coffee?

            Steve
            Dont force it, use a BIGGER hammer.

            Linde VI-252C and Linde wire feeder.
            Hobart Cyberwave 300c.
            HH 140.
            Miller Big 40.
            Lincoln SAE 200J.
            Hobart GR-303.
            Lincoln tombstone welder.
            TD Cutmaster 52.
            Hobart Stickmate.
            Miller 211 w/ Spoolgun.
            Lincoln SA 200.

            Comment


            • #21
              Tim Horton !!

              Originally posted by acwd1950 View Post
              Norm,
              That sounds about right. Thats how they go up there. Tim Horton coffee? Never heard of it. May have to find some and try it. Is there different flavors? Or is it plain ol coffee?

              Steve
              Steve;

              The Late Tim Horton played in the N.H.L. for many years till his death
              in a car crash in 1973 or 74 .
              He and his partner started their Coffee Franchise in the late "60's" in
              my Home Town of Hamilton,Ontario, which is 40miles West of Toronto!!

              As far as the Coffee, yes It's just straight Coffee, but it's still the Best in
              the World !!!

              Ask your Canadian Friends if they Know of Tim Horton's Coffee !!

              ............. Norm :
              www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

              Comment


              • #22
                Hi guys Norm timmys is the only coffee in the world

                Comment


                • #23
                  Hey Norm, did you know his wife sold it to Wendy's (for a couple million) back in the early 90's. Then after some major marketing changes, Tim Hortons became very popular. When his widow saw how popular the Hortons chain became after that, she must've realized her foolishness and tried suing Wendy's. She claimed she was suffering from an illness and her poor and unwise decision to sell might have been a result of that. I believe that lawsuit failed. Hope I got most of the details correct. Pretty wild, eh?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Norm,
                    I will ask her and see what she says. I did look for Tims Coffee on Amazon and its sold out so the quest continues. Maybe she can get me some of it when she goes back up there. Been trying to get some of those "good" cigars but she wont bring me a couple

                    Steve
                    Dont force it, use a BIGGER hammer.

                    Linde VI-252C and Linde wire feeder.
                    Hobart Cyberwave 300c.
                    HH 140.
                    Miller Big 40.
                    Lincoln SAE 200J.
                    Hobart GR-303.
                    Lincoln tombstone welder.
                    TD Cutmaster 52.
                    Hobart Stickmate.
                    Miller 211 w/ Spoolgun.
                    Lincoln SA 200.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Tim Horton !!

                      Originally posted by acwd1950 View Post
                      Norm,
                      I will ask her and see what she says. I did look for Tims Coffee on Amazon and its sold out so the quest continues. Maybe she can get me some of it when she goes back up there. Been trying to get some of those "good" cigars but she wont bring me a couple

                      Steve
                      Steve;

                      If She is Canadian She will Know Tim's Coffee !!

                      In Fact It Is SO CANADIAN, Our Canadian Forces in Afganistan complained So Much, they have their Own Tim Hortons Coffee Shop on Base !

                      All of the United Nations Forces in Afganistan go there to get their coffee!
                      www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Tim Horton !!

                        Originally posted by ocweld View Post
                        Hi guys Norm timmys is the only coffee in the world
                        OC; You Got That Right !!!
                        ............. Norm :
                        www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          "T. H. Coffee"

                          Originally posted by acwd1950 View Post
                          Norm,
                          I will ask her and see what she says. I did look for Tims Coffee on Amazon and its sold out so the quest continues. Maybe she can get me some of it when she goes back up there. Been trying to get some of those "good" cigars but she wont bring me a couple

                          Steve
                          I ordered a can this morning, must have been the last one!

                          Dave
                          "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Tim Horton !!

                            Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
                            I ordered a can this morning, must have been the last one!

                            Dave
                            Dave;
                            How much is a Large Can in the States !!

                            My Wife Pays around $15.00 for it at the Grocery Store & the same at Tim's !! The can is about 8" in Dia., Not sure of the Volume ?

                            How's the Weather, down your way? Yesterday was -30C & on Sat. it's
                            going up to +7C and Rain ! Crazy I say, Crazy !!!
                            www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Norm,
                              I did find some of Tims coffee on ebay. It was going for 13 bucks a can and 16 bucks for shipping!! I think it was 1 kilogram can? It didnt look to be that tall. A little shorter than a pound coffee can. Dave you must have gotten the last one.
                              The weather is going crazy here too, going to 50F here today and 60F tommorrow

                              Steve
                              Dont force it, use a BIGGER hammer.

                              Linde VI-252C and Linde wire feeder.
                              Hobart Cyberwave 300c.
                              HH 140.
                              Miller Big 40.
                              Lincoln SAE 200J.
                              Hobart GR-303.
                              Lincoln tombstone welder.
                              TD Cutmaster 52.
                              Hobart Stickmate.
                              Miller 211 w/ Spoolgun.
                              Lincoln SA 200.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Tim Horton !!

                                Originally posted by acwd1950 View Post
                                Norm,
                                I did find some of Tims coffee on ebay. It was going for 13 bucks a can and 16 bucks for shipping!! I think it was 1 kilogram can? It didnt look to be that tall. A little shorter than a pound coffee can. Dave you must have gotten the last one.
                                The weather is going crazy here too, going to 50F here today and 60F tommorrow

                                Steve
                                Steve;
                                Ya that sounds about right, 1Kilo ( 2.2lbs. )
                                $13.00 is good, but $16.00 shipping Wow !!
                                Steve, I take that back, I just looked, a Large Can is 1Lb. for $14.00
                                So yours at 1kilo ( 2.2 ) for $13.00 is half the price we pay !!
                                For 1Kilo we would pay $28.00 at Tim's !!

                                ................ Norm :
                                www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X