Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is our local TIG Expert here? I remember a guy...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    hi, I can tig weld toooooooooo. I can use crazy glue and get ripples like that! And you don't need a hood! thanks, this was great reading!

    Comment


    • #62
      What makes someone an expert tig welder?

      Spelling?

      A certification that says you passed a test on a certian day to come in the next day after drinking too many beers and your not worth crap?

      Being able to attack and complete any job that comes into the shop with confidence without asking the forum for help in deciding what process?

      Welding every type of material?

      I take in jobs and often ask myself "WTF was I thinking" complete it and bill them and everyone's happy.

      As far as carriny the 9mm while welding the brewery? I wish I could carry one on some of the jobs I've been on!

      I am going into the shop Monday and I am going to do some tig welding and try to determine if I am an expert.

      The brewery was nice, I'd love to make one myself and be able to make good beer with it. I homebrew from the kits every now and then.

      This was a very entertaining post I will say. That's why I don't post much, it seems like there's a few "god's" out there that know everything and are hard to deal with.

      Was it this bad before the merge? I didn't think it was.

      Mike
      Mike
      MD Welding & Fabricating L.L.C.
      [email protected]

      Comment


      • #63
        Forgot to say

        I am a small buisness owner and I would love to interview and test some of you people.

        BTW, If it is the spelling that makes someone an expert I am not!
        Mike
        MD Welding & Fabricating L.L.C.
        [email protected]

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by MD Welding View Post
          I am a small buisness owner and I would love to interview and test some of you people.

          BTW, If it is the spelling that makes someone an expert I am not!
          Ditto here,well said.
          BB402D
          TB300D
          DIMENSION652
          MM250X
          MAXSTAR140
          S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
          HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

          Comment


          • #65
            i have always been a firm believer in letting your work speak for itself, one should not have to tell someone how "great" a welder they are your work will do that for you.

            i rarely put down a Tig bead that I believe is perfect, but they always stick together
            The one that dies with the most tools wins

            If it's worth having, it's worth working for

            Comment


            • #66
              As great as Zap is. He is no fishy jim. Thats for sure.....

              Comment


              • #67
                Who is ZAP and why or what makes him so good?
                Mike
                MD Welding & Fabricating L.L.C.
                [email protected]

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by MD Welding View Post
                  Who is ZAP and why or what makes him so good?
                  HaHaHa...

                  In!

                  before this gets locked!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by usa1327 View Post
                    lunch break or off work?




                    Im home from work. I was supposed to have off like the rest of the company, but the boss asked me to work overtime to finish up a bunch of parts for the Navy ships that someone screwed up. Today the boss asked me to come in to fabricate and alluminum tig weld up a boat anchor for his 30 foot boat. He brought in a commercial example, and had me fabricate and duplicate it. I think my anchor came out better than the commercial example, because I shaped the sides and gave it a real sleek look. My boss was so thrilled, that he bought me breakfast, and lunch, and asked me if I needed anything. I told him yeah, I want a WC-24 turtle, and a Spoolmatic 30 amp alluminum spool gun with the 14 pin connector for the house, and he went and put it on order at a very discounted price!. Id come in everyday on my day off to get deals like that!.
                    If you want peace, be prepared for war!

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by usmcruz View Post
                      Im home from work. I was supposed to have off like the rest of the company, but the boss asked me to work overtime to finish up a bunch of parts for the Navy ships that someone screwed up. Today the boss asked me to come in to fabricate and alluminum tig weld up a boat anchor for his 30 foot boat. He brought in a commercial example, and had me fabricate and duplicate it. I think my anchor came out better than the commercial example, because I shaped the sides and gave it a real sleek look. My boss was so thrilled, that he bought me breakfast, and lunch, and asked me if I needed anything. I told him yeah, I want a WC-24 turtle, and a Spoolmatic 30 amp alluminum spool gun with the 14 pin connector for the house, and he went and put it on order at a very discounted price!. Id come in everyday on my day off to get deals like that!.
                      nice so did you get your "show off" welds done like you mentioned?
                      welding gear:
                      umm duz super glue and duck tape count.

                      Metal working gear:
                      umm chainmail pliersx2
                      8" bolt cutters
                      and a 3/8" metal dowel=))

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by usa1327 View Post
                        nice so did you get your "show off" welds done like you mentioned?

                        No, I didnt, I got too involved with the boat anchor, and once I finished the boat anchor around 11:30am, I left and came home, I totally forgot about the welds, but I will for sure do them tomorrow.
                        If you want peace, be prepared for war!

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by usmcruz View Post
                          No, I didnt, I got too involved with the boat anchor, and once I finished the boat anchor around 11:30am, I left and came home, I totally forgot about the welds, but I will for sure do them tomorrow.
                          haha ok ill try and get pics of my really crappy stuff to. i might even try our steel rig on our stick welding metal see how that works.
                          welding gear:
                          umm duz super glue and duck tape count.

                          Metal working gear:
                          umm chainmail pliersx2
                          8" bolt cutters
                          and a 3/8" metal dowel=))

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Yeah, as soon as my boss ok'd the spoolmatic 30 amp at a reduced priced, I forgot about everything else. Hes the same boss that gave me, yes gave me a $5500.00 platen just because I wanted one, and he had one laying around the shop doing nothing. He's a real stand up guy, and I thought that before the table, and the spoolgun.
                            If you want peace, be prepared for war!

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by usmcruz View Post
                              Yeah, as soon as my boss ok'd the spoolmatic 30 amp at a reduced priced, I forgot about everything else. Hes the same boss that gave me, yes gave me a $5500.00 platen just because I wanted one, and he had one laying around the shop doing nothing. He's a real stand up guy, and I thought that before the table, and the spoolgun.
                              yea i would have forgot it to. thats like when my sister got a $1000 esspresso machine from one of her regulars at starbucks.

                              haha i dont suppose you could ask for a dynasty 200dx. and send it to me could you.
                              Last edited by usa1327; 02-08-2009, 08:25 PM.
                              welding gear:
                              umm duz super glue and duck tape count.

                              Metal working gear:
                              umm chainmail pliersx2
                              8" bolt cutters
                              and a 3/8" metal dowel=))

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by usa1327 View Post

                                haha i dont suppose you could ask for a dynasty 200dx. and send it to me could you.
                                you could claim it was for the Adopt a noob TIG welder foundation.
                                welding gear:
                                umm duz super glue and duck tape count.

                                Metal working gear:
                                umm chainmail pliersx2
                                8" bolt cutters
                                and a 3/8" metal dowel=))

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X