Trailblazer 301G Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailblazer 301G Problem

Has anyone ever had a problem with the TB 301G where it just doesn't seem to have any power. By power I mean it is welding really bad.. Doesn't matter how high I crank the machine up on the amps it's just not welding anything. It will start an arc but just seems like it's stuck in a very low setting. The motor revs up when I start the arc but still very little power.

Same issue when I hook my suitecase mig to it.. Just sputters alot like it's not generating any welding power..

Let me know if I need to explain that better.

Thanks for any help!
    Jason
    Miller 252
    Miller Trail Blazer 301G
    Miller Suitecase 32P
    ArcAir Gouger
    Esab Plasma Powercut 1250
    HF Basic oxy/act torches
    Super Old Montgomery Ward 220 Arc Welder
    And yes I still use, it works great!
    Miller 252
    Miller Syncrowave 250DX (water cooled!)
    Miller Trail Blazer 301G
    Miller Suitecase 32P
    ArcAir Gouger
    HF Basic oxy/act torches

Idiot!

Ok, well after hours of searching the net checking everything I could on the machine, I got out the trusty owners manual...

I went in the trouble shooting section and seen something that rang a bell in my head.. There is a small switch on the front to change between remote and panel, well if you have that baby set to remote and not using a remote, the machine don't weld for $hit! Man, I'm the only one the ever touches that machine, not sure how I over looked it but I did.. I'm sure my son was play with the buttons and knobs like he always does..

Just goes to show you, DOUBLE check everything!

Thanks for the help but I think leaving this up may help someone later..

On the brighter side it made me join this form that I have been surfing through for the past few year, now you guys will never get me to shut up!
    Jason
    Last edited by FluxThis; 02-03-2009, 08:45 PM.
    Miller 252
    Miller Trail Blazer 301G
    Miller Suitecase 32P
    ArcAir Gouger
    HF Basic oxy/act torches

Comment

I am glad you found the problem,I was just gonna go out and start beating my 301 with a baseball bat,actually I did almost the same thing when hooking up my spoolgun to it a while back,easy to do when in a hurry.

Comment

I had a heck of a time welding with mine a while back, turns out the selector switch was set to mig (CV) instead of the stick I was was using. Later I was welding some pipe with DCRP and it was welding just fine, did the same thing the next day and it welded horribly. Turns out my son, now 4, likes to play with the switches and dials and would turn them when I wasn't looking. Now I just check all the switches anddial first and don't assume they are in the right spot.

Comment

It's happened to all of us, its an easy mistake.
          Welcome to the forum.
          at home:
          2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
          2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
          2008 Suitcase 12RC
          Spoolmatic 30A
          WC-24
          2009 Dynasty 200DX
          2000 XMT 304
          2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
          Sold:MM130XP
          Sold:MM 251
          Sold:CST 280

at work:
          Invision 350MP
          Dynasty 350
          Millermatic 350P
          Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
            I had a heck of a time welding with mine a while back, turns out the selector switch was set to mig (CV) instead of the stick I was was using. Later I was welding some pipe with DCRP and it was welding just fine, did the same thing the next day and it welded horribly. Turns out my son, now 4, likes to play with the switches and dials and would turn them when I wasn't looking. Now I just check all the switches anddial first and don't assume they are in the right spot.
            My son is the same age and is just amazed at buttons, knobs and switches.. Glad it was something that simple.. Talk about being in "panic" mode!
            Miller 252
            Miller Trail Blazer 301G
            Miller Suitecase 32P
            ArcAir Gouger
            HF Basic oxy/act torches

Comment

Thats nothing, My 4 year old likes to play with stuff too. I was talking to a customer at my shop. My son escaped, managed to climb on my forklift that was sitting outside in the summer. Managed to start it stuck it in gear and drove by, luckly stopping at a garbage bin as he couldn't reach the pedals to make it go faster.

Comment

why

I have a trailblazer 302 and a bobcat 250 and il be honest the bobcat starts better and is more user friendly. I like them both but durning cold months I stick right to the bobcat.

Comment

Working...
                X