X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usmcruz
    replied
    Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
    I doubt they would pay much attention to my ideas.

But it would be an awsum product in my mind, and only limited by the machines amps. There's probably some reason why it wouldn't work tho.

It probably wouldnt work due to money!. If they came out with such a box, they would probably sell it in the range of $1,500.00, and it would take away sales from the Dynasty which would be $1,300.00 more, but if you figure, the only people buying such a box, would be welders who already purchased a bobcat, trailblazer, etc.. big ticket items, so I think Miller should cut us a break, and come out with a Box that can do the work of the dynasty, for less money. They already made their money off of us for those big ticket items, but who knows why they dont wanna do it, thats just my uneducated guess.

Vin-man Welding, can the dynasty come with a modular plug system that can
    switch out from a 230 plug to a 120 plug, and if not, can it be done, so that I dont have to rewire the dynasty everytime I want to go from 230 to 120? I thought I seen a miller welder that you can switch out the back plug receptacle, but I may be mistaken.

Leave a comment:

• vin-man welding
    replied
    Originally posted by usmcruz View Post
    I really want AC welding capability, and want to be able to do precision alluminum tig, and Im on the fence on whether to get the HF-251-D-1 for my trailblazer 302, or should I go ahead and buy a Dynasty 200, and run her off of my TB302. I would like some opinions on which machine to get, and Im not limiting myself to anything, any advice will be taken into consideration, thank you in advance for any help.
    i have a TB 302 and a dynasty 200. i'd have to push you to the dynasty200 also. i do work inside peoples houses and havig the ability to plug it in to any thing from 115 to 480v is great i used to ss pipe for a plastic company and they ran 280 three phase. if i need more then 115 for stick i run it off my TB302.

Leave a comment:

• bdenney29
    replied
    Here we go.... I can make X-ray quality work with the Hi- freq box every time . I make money, with this box...I charge a 2 hour min. 3/4 of that time is set-up and dis-assembly .I just thought if had a set-up just plug in to outlet and argon you would be ready to go and drinking coffee while i was still setting up to do the job......I will get the job done that wasnt the question .just my 2 Cents

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    I doubt they would pay much attention to my ideas.

But it would be an awsum product in my mind, and only limited by the machines amps. There's probably some reason why it wouldn't work tho.

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    Man, that would make HF box allot more attractive, if it had pulse, manual balance knob, etc... pretty much everything the Dynasty has. Im sure as soon as I purchase the Dynasty 200, they will come out with one, knowing my luck!
    If they made one just like the Dynasty, uh.. well it sure wouldn't be $895.00

Leave a comment:

• usmcruz
    replied
    Originally posted by trevwelder View Post
    So you are saying that the hf box with the trailblazer can not produce Xray quality weld. If it is kept within its limits I find that it would. Im not saying the dynasty is not better, im just saying the hf on the tb is not that bad.

To be honest, I dont have a clue, because I have never used the HF box, and seen what it can produce, but everyone keeps steering me towards the dynasty, even the guys at Miller say to get the dynasty, so Im gonna go with the recommendations for the dynasty. I've seen what the Dynasty 200 can produce, and Im happy enough with her, to save my pennies, and get it come tax time. Do you have a picture trevwelder of the alluminum welds the HF box can put out?

Thanks portable welder for the advice, and even though the HF box your selling is at a very good price, I'm gonna go with the D-200, I appreciate the offer buddy.

FusionKing, did you tell Miller your suggestion?. Man, that would make HF box allot more attractive, if it had pulse, manual balance knob, etc... pretty much everything the Dynasty has. Im sure as soon as I purchase the Dynasty 200, they will come out with one, knowing my luck!

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    I brought up a long time ago it is time for someone to invent an "updated" freek box that has all the inverter features but uses a power source....then it might be worth it.

Leave a comment:

• trevwelder
    replied
    I will post pictures if you want, but I can tig alluminum to pass X-ray tests, the first time everytime, but if you have equipment that doesnt give you that quality of a weld, then your best is only as good as the best of the machine your using. Now in all fairness, this welder is for my side jobs that I do for my buisness on top of working out at the shipyards, and although I'm sure its gonna be rare I run across a customer wanting his piece Im fabricating and welding to pass a PT/Xray test, it would be really nice to give the customer that kind of quality from a welding machine that can do the job. Working on the dynasty 200 at work, well I'm in love, but I really wanted to get some expert opinions on the subject, and thats exactly what I got, and I know this because of the gent above that has a HF box, and is giving me his honest opinion, and telling me to go another route with a dynasty. Thats an honest man worth his salt in my book!. Thanks again guys!
    So you are saying that the hf box with the trailblazer can not produce Xray quality weld. If it is kept within its limits I find that it would. Im not saying the dynasty is not better, im just saying the hf on the tb is not that bad.

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    Well heres my experience,

I have both, Even with quick connectors the High freq box takes a while to set up and if you dont use it all the time you have to remember what cable plugs into what.

I much more prefer running my Dynasty 300 DX off my Pipe Pro.

For me its way quicker to use the Dynasty and the arc is hands down better.

I some times run it off my truck and other times I roll it into the job site and wire it into the house power.

Keep in mind I have a crane on my truck so I'm able to just lift it on and off while keeping the unit together.

Good luck with your decision.

I need to sell my HF 251 box so let me know if your interested.
    I,d let it go for $ 600.00 cash

Leave a comment:

• usmcruz
    replied
    Originally posted by trevwelder View Post
    If someone is qualifed to tig aluminum, then i don't see why it can't be done with the hf box and a trialblazer. I now the dynasty is better but i would think that in the right hands the hf with tb would be fine.

I will post pictures if you want, but I can tig alluminum to pass X-ray tests, the first time everytime, but if you have equipment that doesnt give you that quality of a weld, then your best is only as good as the best of the machine your using. Now in all fairness, this welder is for my side jobs that I do for my buisness on top of working out at the shipyards, and although I'm sure its gonna be rare I run across a customer wanting his piece Im fabricating and welding to pass a PT/Xray test, it would be really nice to give the customer that kind of quality from a welding machine that can do the job. Working on the dynasty 200 at work, well I'm in love, but I really wanted to get some expert opinions on the subject, and thats exactly what I got, and I know this because of the gent above that has a HF box, and is giving me his honest opinion, and telling me to go another route with a dynasty. Thats an honest man worth his salt in my book!. Thanks again guys!

Leave a comment:

• trevwelder
    replied
    Thanks allot fellas, you saved me from spending $895, but you just cost me $2800.00. The reason I mentioned the dynasty 200 model, is because that's what I run at the shipyard whenever something needs to be precision tig welded, and the dynasty 200 does an excellent job. I just heard about this HF box that miller offers about 2 weeks ago, and got me interested, but I guess the money saved getting the HF box, would be spent in flap discs, grinding out the bad welds. I dont have $2800.00 on hand right now, but Im gonna save up like you guys suggested, and drop the coin. Thanks again guys, this is why I love this forum!
    If someone is qualified to tig aluminum, then i don't see why it can't be done with the hf box and a trialblazer. I now the dynasty is better but i would think that in the right hands the hf with tb would be fine.

I use a Syncrowave 250 on occasion and it does pack more power, but i can get quality from both. Don't have to grind the welds out because of the welder i use.
    Last edited by trevwelder; 02-02-2009, 07:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• trevwelder
    replied
    I use the hf-251 on my trailblazer, and it does take quite a bit to set up. Every time i mention the hf with the trailblazer i get told that is at the bottom, as for the quality. It does do a nice job for me. If i had extra money i would go with the Dynasty 200, but i already have the hf box and its payed for.

Leave a comment:

• usmcruz
    replied
    Thanks allot fellas, you saved me from spending $895, but you just cost me $2800.00. The reason I mentioned the dynasty 200 model, is because that's what I run at the shipyard whenever something needs to be precision tig welded, and the dynasty 200 does an excellent job. I just heard about this HF box that miller offers about 2 weeks ago, and got me interested, but I guess the money saved getting the HF box, would be spent in flap discs, grinding out the bad welds. I dont have $2800.00 on hand right now, but Im gonna save up like you guys suggested, and drop the coin. Thanks again guys, this is why I love this forum!

Leave a comment:

• c wagner
    replied
    Although it costs more I think the Dynasty is the way to go in this situation.
    I have wrestled with this exact same problem and I finally decided to save up the cash and get the Dynasty.

Leave a comment:

• bdenney29
    replied
    Hey ,man I run the 251 with my 302 trailblazer, I think you would be more satisfied with a small 220 outlet style .Because of the set-up time and ease of portability . I have a lot of set-up time in doin a small job when you could just plug in near work wether it be your trailblazer or in a plant somewhere you cant get your rig unless you off load your machine,or run a pyle of lead. Just a little heads -up....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X