Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know we use others idea to inspire our own projects etc... but using someones avatar is not the same in my eyes....if you are guilty then correct yourself please
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

It's on The Internet and people will abuse your rights, unfortunately. Avatar theft is a LOWLY act for sure.
    MillerMatic 140 Auto-Set

Comment

It's also pretty easy to just right click on any image and save it to your computer. This includes avatars or....................whatever. There are ways to disable this ability on a site but most of them allow it. I'm not saying it's the "ethical" thing to do but.......................people are gonna do what they will.
      Dynasty 350DX
      Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
      MM 350P
      MM Passport Plus
      Spectrum 375 Extreme
      08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

I was browsing LS1tech once and I saw someone with my avatar, I was like, you have a picture of ME tig welding, take it down please! I dont get it...
        Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
        2000 Camaro SS (Race car)
        sigpic

Comment

JSSEC, http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...er.php?u=15293 a member of this site is using my avatar that I drew myself using a cad program and have been using for years at shopfloortalk. I sent him a message asking him to get his own but haven't heard back from him yet. http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/member.php?u=716

Comment

Some people have no shame. I had a jerk steal my entire website word for word, except he put the name of his company in place of mine, and changed the words that applied to my location, to his part of the world.
            His website designer even listed the stolen site on HIS website as a shining example of his design skills!
            He had all of my pictures on it too, including my guys at work.
            What a loser.
            I filed a copyright infringment with his web host and they took it down. It's back up now, modified quite a bit but still generally stealing quite a bit of my content.
            So.....I feel your pain.

JTMcC.
            Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Comment

Originally posted by digr View Post
              JSSEC, http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...er.php?u=15293 a member of this site is using my avatar that I drew myself using a cad program and have been using for years at shopfloortalk. I sent him a message asking him to get his own but haven't heard back from him yet. http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/member.php?u=716
              I hope he responds and does the right thing. If not, I suggest you PM Admin, Holly, and let her in on the story. I would suspect that Miller takes copyright issues pretty seriously.
              Dynasty 350DX
              Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
              MM 350P
              MM Passport Plus
              Spectrum 375 Extreme
              08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

a member of this site is using my avatar that I drew myself
                digr', while I can understand why someone would be so lazy as to steal something as visable as an 'avatar', I wonder if most really care what it says to those that know?

Is it just a simple case of being that lazy, is it a case of one never doing one single thing in their whole life that is truly of their own creation, did they cheat at school, would they be likely to sleep with their best friends wife or girlfriend, would they steal money off your kitchen counter when your back is turned while your pouring them a cup of coffee, would they steal that shiny 1/2" combo wrench off your work bench while your working on their truck? I guess these could all be true.

Of course, I would have no problem of using the same darn avatar for any membership I would have. Heck bud, affix your avatar on this site and make note, "the original, not stolen". lol

I'm hoping that no one takes my views to heart, how petty and mean of me to call someone else simple or having less than their own original thoughts, as no one can be thought of as a simple lazy lifter. Just because someone would do just that and proves it in such a visible way, who am I to judge. Some folks just have no simple respect.

Heck, what would be the odds that someone that belongs to one welding website would ever join another. Actually 'digr', it must be your own fault for being so darn creative in the first place.
                Last edited by lwhiway; 01-25-2009, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lwhiway View Post

Heck, what would be the odds that someone that belongs to one welding website would ever join another.
                  You mean you can be a member on more than one site? What an interesting concept.

Jack

Comment

Wow I never thought it would come to this, to clone an avatar just ain't right!
                    If you got a minute to kill ...work it to death!
                    Miller 301 TrailBlazer
                    40+ yr old Miller 250 amp Buzz Box

Comment

well that's just not right.
                      Dylan

RED BIRD WELDING

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

HH-140
                      Crappy stick welder
                      Victor supper range II
                      Makita grinder
                      more stuff i don't feel like listing.

Comment

I oficially joined the internet back in '98.

Back in '99 a good friend made me this gif for use in the forums.

I should have known better.

I'm sure many of you have seen it around, mostly resized, and always with my info chopped off.....and as such I've mostly quit using it.

People have almost always removed it when I ran across its unathorized use.....still a huge PITA.
                        Big 40 Deluxe
                        12RC
                        WC-24
                        30A

Dynasty 700

XMT 456
                        Custom Cart w/the following:
                        S-74DX
                        Optima Pulser
                        Coolmate 3
                        XR Control Box
                        XR Alumna Pro Python W/C

CP 302 w/22A
                        MM210
                        Synchrowave 180 SD

Spectrum 2050

TB 302
                        12RC
                        WC-24
                        30A
                        HF 251 D1

Dynasty 200 Coming Soon

Comment

Well, like it is, it is.

Most all/all of what I laid out prior is in pure jest, as it should be. Heck, most of what we find on the www has been 're-badged', copied, ripped, etc etc.

The rest of us jumping in and picking nits, should not over-ride Digr's mention here of record and the way it was offered.

I'm sure all will be ok in the end.

Comment

Well if they must steal mine to bad. I have the original piece of art...Its my own design and I painted it myself. Weld with it every day, Speedglas with House of Kolor graphics and hand pinstriping. Its the little things that make me happy.

Peace,
                            Paul

Comment

Working...
                            X