"Chinese Welders?"

I don't play "Chinese Checkers"

I don't eat "Chinese Food"

I don't use "Fine China"

"Monopoly, Grilled AMERICAN Cheese, Tupperware"

What more can I say?
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

You are kidding right? Monopoly, cheese and tupperware on the same page as your sig????

Comment

"Huh?"

Originally posted by boattrash View Post
        You are kidding right? Monopoly, cheese and tupperware on the same page as your sig????

"Huh?"

Comment

This thread no longer serves a purpose other than to listen to ignorant rants. Unsubscribed.

Comment

"You Should Know"

Originally posted by barchetta View Post
            This thread no longer serves a purpose other than to listen to ignorant rants. Unsubscribed.
            You're the one who started this thread.

Comment

Awww, I was just about to tell you NOT to buy a Miller Diversion.
              Because you would only be disappointed again in Miller.
              You see, well I doubt that, like the Passport/Passport Plus issue you can't wrap your head around, the Diversion is a freshly introduced unit, and dollars to donuts, just like Miller did with the Passport (among other units) they listened to feedback from their customers and ran some ideas up the flagpole, and lo and behold they made improvements to the machine (and ultimately p!ssed you off, waa,waa,waa), they will do the same with the Diversion. So, to save yourself the aggravation of buying now and crying later, wait till the Diversion is near legacy status before dropping your coins.

Comment

ok i cannot really figure this guy out-- he doesn't seem to really make any sense in this post. on the one hand, he seems to claim the intellectual high ground by herding everyone down the road of staying exactly on topic. anything that's not direct experience with a chinese welder is ridiculed.

Problem is.. no matter how hard I look I cannot find an example of a tig weld from one of these things.
                but the nature of the question is so meaningless that it defies the presence of any intelligence on his part. i mean let's suppose for a moment that you could find an known example of a tig weld from a chinese welder. the photo tells you absolutely nothing about the welding machine, because as everyone knows "welding skill" overwhelmingly trumps "welding machine" all day every day.

so i guess the guy came here to get evidence that a good weld can be made with a chinese machine. this seems kind of retarded to me because of course the answer is obviously "yes a skilled welder can make a good weld with a chinese machine". it reminds me of going to a motorcycle internet forum and asking if a chinese motorcycle can get you to work in the morning.
                miller dynasty 350
                miller spectrum 1000

Comment

"Rice Welding"

Ridesideways: I concur

Dave

Comment

The criteria for selecting a machine is going to be personal preference and needs. Take a chance on an unknown or take a chance on a more tried and tested model.

For $500.00 A person could get a 40 amp plasma, 150 AMP DC tig w remote and the ability top perform SMAW. All in a package the size of a small cooler. The disadvantage being takling a chance on a company not being there in the future, not having parts available, having issues with the equipment working due to possible quality problems.

Or Spending 3 to 4 times that amount on 2 pieces of equipment made by a company that has been around longer and SHOULD still be there in the future, that company more than likely having parts available, and possibly not having issues with the equipment not working.

A hobbiest has to decide if he wants to invest a little in equipment or alot. An like many other investments. Sometimes it pays off and sometimes it does not. "Past performance of investment packages does not indicate any future performance guarantees" or something to that affect.

Comment

Originally posted by pipewelder_1999 View Post
                      A hobbiest has to decide if he wants to invest a little in equipment or alot. An like many other investments. Sometimes it pays off and sometimes it does not. "Past performance of investment packages does not indicate any future performance guarantees" or something to that affect.
                      Just for yuks... I'm a hobbyist and decided to spend the extra money to buy
                      a Miller (MM140). Made in the USA was one reason. Another was that I don't
                      weld every day. My machine can sit in the garage, summer and winter, for
                      months at a time. While it probably will never suffer from over-use, it can
                      certainly be under-used, and under-use can be just as bad for mechanical
                      widgetry as over- and improper- use. I wanted the machine to be reliable;
                      I didn't want to go out back on a nice Sunday afternoon, press the trigger,
                      and have nothing happen.

From the little bit of research I did, it looked to me like all the brands would
                      melt steel and feed wire -- as someone said, the melting-metal part isn't
                      rocket science... So from a quality-of-weld perspective, I figured that I
                      could make more-or-less the same welds regardless of the country of origin
                      of the machine.

So it came down to my own fears (if that's the right word) regarding
                      reliability. I was as sure as I could be that a Miller, Hobart, or Lincoln
                      machine would fire up whenever I asked. I was not so sure about the
                      others -- and didn't want to risk spending that nice Sunday afternoon futzing
                      with a broken down machine, and then taking time off from work to get it
                      fixed, etc, etc, etc.

Frank

Comment

So I did a bit of looking and found this:

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by mikeswelding View Post
                        Ditto the spares. Good idea, gauge or not, for onsite.

You may also want to consider replacing the cheesy, POS, HF, made-in-China jumper cable-type ground clamp. I have said this before on this forum and I will say it again. It is almost beyond comprehension that Miller would put such a piece of junk on such a quality machine.

"I swapped the one off my weldpak 100 lincoln and it was WAY better than the miller clamp.. HORRIBLE.. Beyond comprehension is about right." By barchetta

Intriguing one side of his mouth complains about china made junk the other wants him to buy china junk...

Poor boy is all confused.

10 posts total and he ran away. Are we too hard on these young folk. With the schools teaching them that life is fair, no such thing as a looser , we are all winners, they don't stand a chance in the world outside of union protected teachers with tenure and no accountability.

Oh well this is a welding forum, not a place for this.

Comment

"Cheesy?"

FATFAB: Well, he does have a Lincoln WeldPak 100.............

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by FATFAB View Post
                            10 posts total and he ran away. Are we too hard on these young folk. With the schools teaching them that life is fair, no such thing as a looser , we are all winners, they don't stand a chance in the world outside of union protected teachers with tenure and no accountability.
                            So true, and it's only getting worse.
                            Owner of Burnt Beard Fabrication & Welding Ltd.

BigBlue 500D
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 211
                            4' Box and Pan Break
                            IR compressor

Comment

Originally posted by FATFAB View Post
                              So I did a bit of looking and found this:

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by mikeswelding View Post
                              Ditto the spares. Good idea, gauge or not, for onsite.

You may also want to consider replacing the cheesy, POS, HF, made-in-China jumper cable-type ground clamp. I have said this before on this forum and I will say it again. It is almost beyond comprehension that Miller would put such a piece of junk on such a quality machine.

"I swapped the one off my weldpak 100 lincoln and it was WAY better than the miller clamp.. HORRIBLE.. Beyond comprehension is about right." By barchetta

Intriguing one side of his mouth complains about china made junk the other wants him to buy china junk...

Poor boy is all confused.

Oh well this is a welding forum, not a place for this.
                              Union teachers aren't the reason why these kids are stupid as **** !!!!. The fault lies with lawmakers and parents that forbid putting your foot in a dopey lazy kids ***.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bigs View Post
                                Union teachers aren't the reason why these kids are stupid as **** !!!!. The fault lies with lawmakers and parents that forbid putting your foot in a dopey lazy kids ***.
                                True, society in general is far too protective, but much of this starts in school.

Also true, one thing that everyone understands is pain. Proper forms of punishment should be returned to the home and school.
                                Owner of Burnt Beard Fabrication & Welding Ltd.

BigBlue 500D
                                Dynasty 200DX
                                Millermatic 211
                                4' Box and Pan Break
                                IR compressor

Comment

Working...
                                X