chinese welders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chinese welders

Ok I have just spent many hours researching chinese welders. I want a plasma cutter and also a TIG.. I currently own a miller passport that I use a lot. Im hobbyist/pro (only say I am a pro cuz some people have paid me to weld and I am restoring a porsche for profit).

So I am sold on the Diversion for my purpose of a tig but owe it to myself to explore the chinese welders.. the tig ac/dc plasma all in one deals for $1000 are VERY appealing to me..

Problem is.. no matter how hard I look I cannot find an example of a tig weld from one of these things.

Please dont soapbox me on why I should buy a miller.. I know ALL of the issues with chinese welders.. but you have to remember one thing.. PEOPLE DO NOT POST ABOUT GOOD EXPERIENCES ONLY BAD. Anyone work in customer service? if so you know what I mean..

Anyway.. I just want to see a **** tig weld.. could it be that they are sooo bad no one will post a pic? Has anyone got a link for me?

I cant even find someone talking about tig experiences with them.. weird.

I was looking at the new parker welder.. looks nice..
    http://www.parkermetalworking.com/

specifically the bottom unit here:
    http://divtec1.startlogic.com/parkermp_004.htm

I have two of the imported welders. They are both DC output only machines so for Aluminum I need helium.

The Longevity machine I have is a CC machine only no Plasma. The machine lists for around $250.00 .

There is a review I did on my site at http://weldingdata.com/WelderReviews...vityMMA140.htm . Here are pics from that review.

The Multiprocess machine I have was reviewed that is in the $500.00 range is at http://weldingdata.com/WelderReviews...ast/EV416D.htm . If feature 160 amp welding output AND a built in 40 amp plasma.

Below are a few pics. I have used the multiprocess more for the plpasma feature however the GTAW output is very smooth at all amperage ranges.

Here are some of the plasma cuts

There are tons of forum discussions regarding the quality/value of these machines. I would suggest reading through them and maybe contacting one of the vendors and getting a feeling for how they are to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by pipewelder_1999 View Post
      I have two of the imported welders. They are both DC output only machines so for Aluminum I need helium.

The Longevity machine I have is a CC machine only no Plasma. The machine lists for around $250.00 .

There is a review I did on my site at http://weldingdata.com/WelderReviews...vityMMA140.htm . Here are pics from that review.

The Multiprocess machine I have was reviewed that is in the $500.00 range is at http://weldingdata.com/WelderReviews...ast/EV416D.htm . If feature 160 amp welding output AND a built in 40 amp plasma.

Below are a few pics. I have used the multiprocess more for the plpasma feature however the GTAW output is very smooth at all amperage ranges.

Here are some of the plasma cuts

There are tons of forum discussions regarding the quality/value of these machines. I would suggest reading through them and maybe contacting one of the vendors and getting a feeling for how they are to work with.
      Are you affiliated with any of these companies?

I agree with your last sentence.. my plan was to call and make sure when I get it and its DOA I have a clear path to resolution..

I really want the ability to weld aluminum.. seems to me there would be many repairs I could have done if I had this ability.. thats why I am trying to find a good ac tig.

thanks.. I'll be reading over these reviews.. tried like heck to find something like this and could not.. so thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by barchetta View Post
        Ok I have just spent many hours researching chinese welders. I want a plasma cutter and also a TIG.. I currently own a miller passport that I use a lot. Im hobbyist/pro (only say I am a pro cuz some people have paid me to weld and I am restoring a porsche for profit).

So I am sold on the Diversion for my purpose of a tig but owe it to myself to explore the chinese welders.. the tig ac/dc plasma all in one deals for $1000 are VERY appealing to me..
        dude i'm sure they weld fine, until they break. using electricity to melt metal isn't rocket science. having a reliable machine and being able to get spare parts when it does break is what makes a particular welder worth having.
        miller dynasty 350
        miller spectrum 1000

Comment

Amen, Brother!

Originally posted by ridesideways View Post
          dude i'm sure they weld fine, until they break. using electricity to melt metal isn't rocket science. having a reliable machine and being able to get spare parts when it does break is what makes a particular welder worth having.
          Thank You! Couldn't have said it better myself!

Dave
          "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Originally posted by ridesideways View Post
            Really? When I compare my Lincoln Weldpack 100 to my Passport my Passport is hands down a better welder and I produce better welds as a result. And not because I paid $1100 more for it. Just simply welds better.

Anyway.. this is way off subject.

Comment

Are you affiliated with any of these companies?
              No. I had contacted both of them interested in trying the machines to get started training some friends who wanted to weld. Basically just 6010 roots and tig roots on pipe.

I asked for best prices etc and one indicated they would send me a free machine if I woul write a review. We discussed in detail that there would be no control by them over the content of the review. They agreed and sent a machine.

I had aslo contacted the other company and they offered to send me a machine for review also. Not to keep but to try out and write a review.

The 2nd company has let me keep the machine for the time being in exchange for a link on one of my web pages.

Again, you have to decide for yourself what your usage will be and what impact a breakdown may have on you. The warranties are indicated to be 3 or 5 years HOWEVER I have not read what they say.

I live in a rural area myself so the closest place to get parts for ANY brand is at least 1 hour away. The Maxstar for example is around $900.00. And will only stick weld (Some say it wont tig) . But you have the name of miller behind it.

As already indicated, electricity to weld is not rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by pipewelder_1999 View Post
                No. I had contacted both of them interested in trying the machines to get started training some friends who wanted to weld. Basically just 6010 roots and tig roots on pipe.

I asked for best prices etc and one indicated they would send me a free machine if I woul write a review. We discussed in detail that there would be no control by them over the content of the review. They agreed and sent a machine.

I had aslo contacted the other company and they offered to send me a machine for review also. Not to keep but to try out and write a review.

The 2nd company has let me keep the machine for the time being in exchange for a link on one of my web pages.

Again, you have to decide for yourself what your usage will be and what impact a breakdown may have on you. The warranties are indicated to be 3 or 5 years HOWEVER I have not read what they say.

I live in a rural area myself so the closest place to get parts for ANY brand is at least 1 hour away. The Maxstar for example is around $900.00. And will only stick weld (Some say it wont tig) . But you have the name of miller behind it.

As already indicated, electricity to weld is not rocket science.
                Maybe when it comes to tig but for mig millers passport made a difference.. I dont have nearly as many mis-starts and I dont burn thru as easily as I did and I NEVER EVER have a feed issue that wasnt my own fault. AND my welds just look nicer because its more consistant.

I spoke to Parker (Phil Sr) just a few moments ago.. He likes to make you think he does all sorts of mods that puts what he sells on a higher shelf. Call me goofy call me crazy but I simply do not believe him. I do however believe that he has been in business since 2004, speaks english and is in the USA if I have trouble. However.. he aint millers size and since his ac/dc tig plasma cutter is not ready (and I have to give him credit.. he has 50 of them but he says the plasma cutter does not work right and none of these units from china do).

So.. for $270 more I can buy a miller diversion and an idiot like me can probably weld with it cuz it doesnt have so many dials on it for me to screw up.

So its a no brainer for me.. for tig... I think I will buy his plasma cutter though.. I've used one just like his and it worked just fine for less than half the price of miller's cutter.

I will say this about miller..1 week after I bought my passport they came out with the passport plus and the miller dealer I bought it from didnt warn me. I think miller should have offered an upgrade kit to guys like me.. really irked me off.. Now I cant sell it because anyone who wants a portable is gonna buy the plus as it does aluminum. Thanks for screwing me on that deal Miller... wont forget that one.. I know **** well its just a couple of boards and a plug for the spool gun.. doable.. but you are screwing over guys like me who made a pretty big investment in a portable mig... thankyouverymuch.

Comment

I will say this about miller..1 week after I bought my passport they came out with the passport plus and the miller dealer I bought it from didnt warn me. I think miller should have offered an upgrade kit to guys like me.. really irked me off.. Now I cant sell it because anyone who wants a portable is gonna buy the plus as it does aluminum. Thanks for screwing me on that deal Miller... wont forget that one.. I know **** well its just a couple of boards and a plug for the spool gun.. doable.. but you are screwing over guys like me who made a pretty big investment in a portable mig... thankyouverymuch.
                  pssssssst, a little 'insider' info, the auto, electronic, appliance, clothing, etc. industries are working on new and improved products for '10 as we speak, so you prolly should wait till 2011 to make a purchase, but if you waited till '11 you'd miss out on the new stuff for '12.
                  Hmmm, looks like you're eff'd.

Comment

Originally posted by PUMPKINHEAD View Post
                    pssssssst, a little 'insider' info, the auto, electronic, appliance, clothing, etc. industries are working on new and improved products for '10 as we speak, so you prolly should wait till 2011 to make a purchase, but if you waited till '11 you'd miss out on the new stuff for '12.
                    Hmmm, looks like you're eff'd.

pssst... not interested in your stupid comments. thanks for playing.

Comment

pssst... not interested in your stupid comments.
                      Stupid comments? Hardly, you are the one ranting and raving about being sold 'last years' product without a warning.
                      the miller dealer I bought it from didn't warn me.
                      I was simply warning you not to make any purchases that you may be disappointed in.

Do you think anyone owes you the courtesy of telling you in advance what most people know, that new products are introduced, and old products need to be sold?

Or are you crying about Miller not making available an "upgrade kit" for guys like you, so you can open the machine to 'install' said kit, and screw something up and b!tch about that and put in a warranty claim?

Comment

Originally posted by PUMPKINHEAD View Post
                        Stupid comments? Hardly, you are the one ranting and raving about being sold 'last years' product without a warning. I was simply warning you not to make any purchases that you may be disappointed in.

Do you think anyone owes you the courtesy of telling you in advance what most people know, that new products are introduced, and old products need to be sold?

Or are you crying about Miller not making available an "upgrade kit" for guys like you, so you can open the machine to 'install' said kit, and screw something up and b!tch about that and put in a warranty claim?

Here let me be more clear.. GO AWAY.. now do you fully understand me? Good.. Again, thanks for playing.

Comment

chinese junk

Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
                          Thank You! Couldn't have said it better myself!

Dave
                          What about consumables? Do they have them? I don't see them at harbor freight. You get what you pay for.
                          Millermatic 210
                          Syncrowave 200
                          Spectrum 625 X-treme
                          Hobart Champion 16 W/
                          Miller 8VS Suitcase
                          Miller 3035 Spool Gun
                          Tons of Tools
                          Microwave
                          Laptop and Printer
                          Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

Comment

Originally posted by lanceman73 View Post
                            What about consumables? Do they have them? I don't see them at harbor freight. You get what you pay for.
                            Yes.. some are on their site but you can call and order anything you want.

I plan to order a lifetime supply when I order my plasma cutter..ie.. a lot of them.

I just cant justify the Miller plasma after using a chinese plasma cutter. It worked just fine as long as you didnt cut anything it wasnt designed for. When I did need to cut 3/4" I did it in multiple passes and cleaned it up with a grinder. But I will be buying the diversion tig set.. now that is some bang for the buck.. I researched it and if you know how to tig it will do some amazing things.. perfect for someone who needs it seldom as trying to remember all the switch settings would be impossible. I remember someone on here joking about the material switch.. he said, how can you not remember ac or dc? Probably this pumpkin head pia.. you dont play with a tig for 6 months you can easily forget that.. I dont want to run in the house and google it to find out.. who cares if it says ac dc or steel and aluminum? The "pros" just dont like it because they want it to remain a confusing process.. all I can say to that is.. whatever..

Could have used that tig today for some sheet metal work that I ended up warping slightly with my mig.. time to make an order.. and since the miller dealer didnt expose me to the fact that the passport plus was coming out (and yes they knew it, it was 1 week later) I wont be buying from him again.. I'll save $150 and by it from cyberweld.. sometimes you do not get what you pay for.

Comment

Buy American !
                              don't bother with these cheap imposters,they will bite you later.
                              Save up the $

We support the companies that support us.
                              Rich
                              Last edited by Fortyfords; 12-29-2008, 05:22 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Love the power of Blue
                              Millermatic 200
                              Sync 200
                              Lots of Tools!

Comment

Working...
                              X