Syncrowave 200 Best? or worst?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syncrowave 200 Best? or worst?

I plan on purchasing a Syncrowave 200 for my little hobby/hot-rod shop.I suspect this is a great machine. Is there a better machine for this task or is this the best?
    Harris welding torch
    Harris Cutting torch propane
    Syncrowave 200
    Mastercraft 4.5 grinder
    20 ton press
    Milwaukee 14" Dry Cut Machine
    Miller Digital Elite (Luckys Speed Shop)
    3/4" Welding Table

If cash wasn't a concern a dynasty would be great to have or any inverter bsed machine in the same amperage range. The only issue i have with synchrowave machines especially for a hobby user who probably isn't working in a dedicated metal shop is the size of the machine and moving it when needed.

I broke down and spent the extra on the dynasty, but i also am working on building a welding business on the side of my painting business since a lot of the same clients can use both services it made sense to spend the etra money since i would be working on site a lot though

Other than that i have a friend with a SW200 and i love it, great machine, welds nice and easy to setup and use. I don't hink it's multi-line voltage capable though and that's another thing that would hurt it for my pick in a hobby enviroment. you could even get the dynasty in the SD version to save some cash. I doubt you'd need the pulser and it shaves a tad off the price
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

Comment

Syncrowave 200

SGS: To echo TurboGlenn, if $$$$ isn't an issue, then the Dynasty 350 is the ticket. $7500 for the complete package.

I've got a Syncro 200, and am satisfied with it's performance. excellent stick, DC TIG amd AC up to 1/8". Thicker aluminum is "pushing" it. The "Runner Package" is around $2200. Keep in mind, the 208/230 V model takes a 60 amp breaker. You can buy it 460/575 single phase, it uses about 1/2 the amps.

Dynasty 200DX is excellent, $2800 and add contractor kit, another $620. Inverter units offer more features, better arc control, and use a lot fewer amps.

If a smaller DC only TIG would suffice, there's the MaxStar 150 STH for around $1400.

Hope this helps

Dave
      "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

SGS Welding,

I prefer the Dynasty series of inverters. The D200DX is extremely portable, draws less than 30 amps on a 230VAC circuit. It will push out 150 amps on a 120 VAC 20 amp circuit. It will operate on any voltage between 100-500 VAC 1 or 3 phase. It has a very sweet and stable arc. I have used He/Ar mixes and even pure He to increase the heat input when I have a lot of 1/4" welding on Al. These little machines will run on most dryer circuits and a 5000 watt generator will give you 200 amps of TIG and 168 amps of stick

I showed up in my car on a residential site to repair an aluminum lawn mower deck. The guy said where is your stuff? In the trunk I responded. I pulled out my D200DX, a 40 CU/FT Ar bottle with regulator, 150 amp torch, helmet, etc. I did the job in 15 minutes, we BS'd a while, he paid me $85 at the time and I picked up a new customer.

As Dave mentioned the Dynasty 350 is an awesome machine, but you do cut down on portability, move up in price, and into an entirely professional machine. Very nice. I am still using its predecessor: The D300DX.

By the way there is nothing wrong with the Syncrowave series. The Sync 250 has been a mainstay of the Miller GTAW line for many years.

Comment

Hawk

Yeah, that Dynasty 200DX is sweet. That's my next investment. I like the story about "it's in the trunk!"

Dave
          "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

A Dyn is my next machine also, makes you feel like a super hero on aluminum and for places power is a conceern the incoming current requirements could be a factor. The synch is a standard though.

Comment

I too have had a few "in the trunk" laughs.

There's been several jobs i've pulled up at in my eclipse and met the customer and had them say "i thought you were bringing your weldor" or "I thought you said you were working today" and then see the look on their face when i pull the dynasty, the contractor kit and a Q bottle of argon out of the back seat (speakers in the trunk LOL ) and proceed to amaze them with the dynasty's abilities for what they call "such a tiny welder"

It's a pricey unit, and even though i am angry about the deal i got done when buying mine, i still love the machine to death. IT's my main "go to" for 80% of my jobs and about 90% of my own hobby stuff.

I've got access to a SW250 when i need it, and i own a HH135 MIG and a torch setup and the dynasty is the king of them all in my eyes... can't say enough good about this machine.
              Dynasty 200DX
              Hobart Handler 135
              Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
              Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
              Hypertherm Powermax 45
              Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

Comment

I LOVE mine as well
                Been working the last couple months out of a GMC Safari AWD van and absolutely love using that also.
                IMO nothing even comes close. Just make a bunch of adapter "pigtails" and get to work.
                I did have some transition period there where some of my clients "resisted" to me using their electric but they eventually got used to it. They imagined using a big dollar amount of electric but found there was no diff in their bill.
                At my shop I just checked my bill today and it was a whopping $20!!!
                I didn't do a lot that month (at the shop) maybe but I made a big bunch more than any regular job around here. This month has been a bit busier btw. Thank God.
                DYNASTIES ROCK!!!

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                Miller WC-115-A
                Miller Spectrum 300
                Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

turboglenn what is multiline voltage capable mean? Is that a way of saying you could not put a wire pac on it to do mig as well??hope my post makes sense.
                  Harris welding torch
                  Harris Cutting torch propane
                  Syncrowave 200
                  Mastercraft 4.5 grinder
                  20 ton press
                  Milwaukee 14" Dry Cut Machine
                  Miller Digital Elite (Luckys Speed Shop)
                  3/4" Welding Table

Comment

I believe what he was referring to is Auto-line, a feature of some of Miller's inverter machines.

Auto-Lineā„¢ provides state-of-the-art flexibility by automatically connecting to 120-460 VAC, single- or three- phase power without removing the covers to relink the power source. No longer is there a concern if you have the correct machine for the shop or the job site.

To make it work, the power cord has a set of adaptors to fit various receptacles. You put the proper adaptor on the power cord, plug it in, and the machine determines what the input voltage is, and adjusts itself.

A nice feature if you move your welder around to a lot of different locations that have different power available. Overkill if you take your new welder home, plug it in and never move it again.

GS

Comment

I have a 250, I can easily run at 220amps if I start welding fast on 1/8" alum.

The 250 is big though, something like the 200 or a dynoasty that is smaller would be nice sometimes.

If you run helium with the 200 it will help alot. I even use helium with my 250 and it makes just about any type of welding over 100amps better IMO, wets out faster and you can use a smaller tungsten. The arc is a little less stable but thats not really an issue when welding with a lot of power. I really like the Helium.
                      Justin Starkey
                      Syncrowave 250 TIGRunner
                      Miller 210 MIG
                      Spectrum 375 Plasma
                      Ford and GM Dyno-tuning on the Moblie Dynojet trailer I built.
                      VMP Tuning.com

Comment

Working...
                      X