coolant pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coolant pumps

I built a shop made cooling system for my 200 dx using a spare miller (Oberdorfer) pump. man is that pump noisy, yes it was, is new. is there any pumps out there that are quiet? The dynasty is quiet and i would like to keep it that way. I hate air cooled torches. Any one?

Todd

I know what you are saying, those are some noisy pumps. I have one in an old radiator 1 that I have connected to my dynasty. So nosiy it would almost drive someone to buy a brand new cooler just to make it go away. But for the $30 I paid I can't complain too much Vs the cost of a brand new unit.

-Dan
    Owner
    DW Metalworks LLC
    Miller Trailblazer 302
    Miller 8RC Feeder
    Miller Passport Plus
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX W/Coolmate 1
    Hobart Handler 135
    Hypertherm PowerMAX 30
    Smith O/A Torch Set
    Plus more tools then my wife will ever know about....

Comment

Here you go, they have a very good selection http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/cat...lickid=leftnav
      glen, If your not on the edge, your wasting space

Comment

Try Arc Zone

Arc Zone sells the pump bodies without a motor, but they want a pretty penny for them. As the coolant doesn't normally get very warm and and is moderate pressure you might even try a Shure brand pump. Northern Tool has 115 volt pumps that will put out 30 psi and even have adjustable pressure models. The pump bodies are plastic but might be worth a try as they are about 1/4 the price of the real cooler pump bodies.

Comment

Carbonator Pump

Check this one on EBay. I can't guarantee that it is the correct one, but worth a look.

Item number 160303951832 or use the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Procon-carbonato...1%7C240%3A1318

I have not had good luck pasting the long links into a browser, so I recommend putting the item number into EBay search engine.

I purchased a similar unit and it works great on my homemade cooler.

Jerry in Anchorage

Comment

Thanks guy's, I was looking for something to just replace the pump itself and not the motor. And i thought maybe someone here had already done something like this. I'll be checking out several options.

Todd

Comment

Jerry, Is that procon quiet? Really quiet?

Todd

Comment

Procon is quiet

My pump is very quiet. My fan, on the other hand, is pretty loud, it moves 300 CFM.

Jerry in Anchorage

Comment

Working...
                X