Millermatic 135 won't power up??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic 135 won't power up??

Any suggestions where to start? own millermatic for 5yrs. used it 2 days ago
    and it worked just fine, turned it on today and nothing. Have power through
    the switch but don't know what to check next. Thanx in advance.

nfinch86- Canadian Weldor :

Originally posted by popndave View Post
    Any suggestions where to start? own millermatic for 5yrs. used it 2 days ago
    and it worked just fine, turned it on today and nothing. Have power through
    the switch but don't know what to check next. Thanx in advance.
    pondave, Hi; I'm not sure what the problem is ?? Maybe buy a Lincoln ??
    Just kiddin, I'm sure someone will come along with more Knowlege
    about Miller welders than me !! Hope ya get it fixed up soon !!.... Norm :
    www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

thanx for reply Norm

Yeah I still love my Lincln stick welder had for 25 years never went down
      also 220 wire feed but need my 110 for alot of quiky stuff ( no 220 )
      thanx again Pop

Comment

MillerMatic 135

popndave: On the back of the machine near the power source cord is a supplementary protector, try resetting it.

Hope this helps

Dave
        "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

never had mine do that, but did pull the switch plugs in the torch out. cut the wires in the torch also. if the lil red reset dose not get it going give cruiser a quick PM.
          anything unusual happen to it ??

had mine about 8 years now, only trouble was caused by me drooping some sheet steel on the torch hose.

hope it works out for ya, its a great lil 110V unit. i couldn't live without mine.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

OK thanx nothing I can think of out of odinary used it one day now checked power through the reset, and power switch to cercuit board OK just not sure yet where it goes from there. Hoping someone had similar problem before I tear into it further. But yeah I got no complaints with it easy for on the go.
            thanx Pop

Comment

Pop,

Could be a bad fan motor, the fan motor has a small transformer on it that powers up the board. With the switch turned on the fan motor should have 115 volts going to the 2 black wires. If it's not there then the board may have an open trace, drop it down and take a look at the back side for any visible damage. If you have 115 volts at the black wires then you have a bad fan motor.
              Kevin Schuh
              Service Technician
              Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Comment

Thanx Kevin I'll check the fan out. I've checked the back of the circuit
                board and looked over all trasisters W/magifying glass. Just a pian trying
                to figure where the next point is that should have power. i think there's a couple of relays on there also just don't want to short something else out
                testing it. Been there learned from that I'll check on fan and let you know. Thanks Pop

Comment

Thanks Kevin

Miller Kevin Thanx for the tip Finally got a chance to check my welder aand there was power coming from board to fan but not out of fan wiggled some wires and blew with air hose and Wow POWERUP. Thanks Kevin

Comment

PopnDave; Your Welcome!!!

Your very Welcome, A little Kiddin Around is good, I'm Glad everything
                    Worked Out for you !!!
                    Thanks for the E-Mail, Greatly Appreciated !!... Norm :
                    www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                    X