Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Millermatic 211 Auto-Set with MVP

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    millermatic 211

    download the new 2009 catalogue on the miller site the new welders are all there

    Comment


    • #32
      I spoke with both of the local welding supply companies(Louisiana) and they said that there is plenty of inventory in Houston that they can pull from immediately if I'm ready. I was quoted a little under a grand but tax will push it over $1,000 somewhat. It sounds like a great machine going by what's in the documentation.
      I asked Miller directly about why so low key and was told that they will do the official roll out sometime early February. It is not yet available in all parts of the country and they don't want to market it on the website if interested folks everywhere can't get it. Miller did send me the product literature, and it is also in the 2009 catalog, so yes it is real, and is what I will purchase probably sometime in March.

      Question for the long timers on this forum. Thinking computers, software, phone... a general thinking is not to buy as soon as something is released but to wait until the bugs surface and the patches, updates and such come out. Does that thinking also apply to welding machines or do these guys have their acts so together that when something hits the marketplace it's "ready"?

      Comment


      • #33
        Go to the very top of this page and click "order literature". Then check the box for the 2009 full product catalog. Select the blue pdf link and the catalog will download to your computer. On page 26 you will find the MM211 MVP.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by tonyrico View Post
          Question for the long timers on this forum. Thinking computers, software, phone... a general thinking is not to buy as soon as something is released but to wait until the bugs surface and the patches, updates and such come out. Does that thinking also apply to welding machines or do these guys have their acts so together that when something hits the marketplace it's "ready"?
          I doubt it....I had my 200dx for over 2 years, how long it was out before that? not sure, but I wouldn't want to wait THAT long for them to get all the bugs out! .....same thing with the MM135 and my MM251..............
          So far no problems (knock on formeica!!!!!!!)
          bert
          I'm not late...
          I'm just on Hawaiian Time

          Comment


          • #35
            Bert,
            I'm a little unclear about your experience. Do you mean it took a long time before all of the bugs were sufficiently out of the model you bought before you finally made the purchase? I have decided on the MM211 when it's generally available and had its rollout, but being relatively new to welding I don't want to buy into something that's going to add an additional challenge to owning my first machine. I'm a senior citizen and don't have tons of years to wait. I want the portability, the dual voltage, the power range, the price, and the size. The MM211 seems to satisfy those requirements within my budget.
            Comments anyone?
            tonyrico

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by tonyrico View Post
              Bert,
              I'm a little unclear about your experience. Do you mean it took a long time before all of the bugs were sufficiently out of the model you bought before you finally made the purchase? I have decided on the MM211 when it's generally available and had its rollout, but being relatively new to welding I don't want to buy into something that's going to add an additional challenge to owning my first machine. I'm a senior citizen and don't have tons of years to wait. I want the portability, the dual voltage, the power range, the price, and the size. The MM211 seems to satisfy those requirements within my budget.
              Comments anyone?
              tonyrico
              I think you'll be fine. If you're worried, wait for a few members to buy the welder first. I'm sure they'll be writing reviews.
              Millermatic Passport Plus
              Millermatic 200

              Millermatic 350P with Python
              XMT 304 /w S-64 feeder and 12VS
              Dynasty 300 DX
              Thermal Arc 400 MST
              Victor O/A
              Premier Power Welder for my trail junk.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by crawler View Post
                I think you'll be fine. If you're worried, wait for a few members to buy the welder first. I'm sure they'll be writing reviews.
                tonyrico, Crawler is right. Hard to "guess" what is going to happen. None of us want problems with our new machines, and thank G0d I didn't have any HF with my Dyn200dx yet! When we consider buying one, usually it's because we want one NOW, or soon, and can't wait 6 months to find out what bugs there are to be worked out! Since the one you are looking at looks to be replacing similar versions, I would assume that it would be fine. Haven't had any problems with my MM251 either.
                Good luck,
                bert
                I'm not late...
                I'm just on Hawaiian Time

                Comment


                • #38
                  Dvi2

                  Originally posted by tonyrico View Post
                  Bert,
                  I'm a little unclear about your experience. Do you mean it took a long time before all of the bugs were sufficiently out of the model you bought before you finally made the purchase? I have decided on the MM211 when it's generally available and had its rollout, but being relatively new to welding I don't want to buy into something that's going to add an additional challenge to owning my first machine. I'm a senior citizen and don't have tons of years to wait. I want the portability, the dual voltage, the power range, the price, and the size. The MM211 seems to satisfy those requirements within my budget.
                  Comments anyone?
                  tonyrico
                  If you have any doubts, the DVI2 has similar features, and dual drive rolls.

                  Dave
                  "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I did E-Mail Cyberweld this past week and they told me they were not going to have this machine till March.Thanks

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Guys, thanks. That's a little bit of a comfort level. Miller corporate told me that they are delivering to different areas - probably as they have inventory to distribute. Houston has good inventory now. Other parts of the country none yet. That's why nothing is being said by Miller on this site. Once it is generally available I expect a lot of hoop-la about the new offerings.
                      tonyrico

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        It is still not a Passport Plus BUT I wouldn't mind saving several hundred $ with this thing...
                        TA Arcmaster 185 w/TIG/Stick Kit
                        MM210 w/3535 Frankengun
                        MM140 w/o AS w/SM100 & CO2
                        Hobart (Miller) 625 Plasma
                        Hobart 250ci Plasma
                        Victor O/A (always ready, but bored)
                        Lincoln Patriot Autodark (freebie)
                        .45ACP Black Talons for those difficult jobs

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          MM212 w/AutoSet

                          I just got the MM212 with autoset and so far - no complaints.
                          I think it's similar to what y'all are talking about here but 220V input only.

                          Here she is:

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by cj8lvr View Post
                            I just got the MM212 with autoset and so far - no complaints.
                            I think it's similar to what y'all are talking about here but 220V input only.

                            Here she is:

                            Nope it certainly isn't

                            www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                            Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                            MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                            Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                            Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

                            Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                            Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                            Miller WC-115-A
                            Miller Spectrum 300
                            Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                            Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Ahhhh....fail!

                              My bad guys.
                              As you were....

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by cj8lvr View Post
                                Ahhhh....fail!

                                My bad guys.
                                As you were....
                                No sweat The 211 is a "little" portable machine. Yours is a more Robust machine made to be used harder.

                                www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                                Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                                MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                                Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                                Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

                                Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                                Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                                Miller WC-115-A
                                Miller Spectrum 300
                                Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                                Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X