Upgraded TIG Water Hoses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded TIG Water Hoses?

I remember reading quite a few posts somewhere regarding upgraded hoses for a water cooled torch. I've found myself blowing up the return line quite regularly and I'd like to keep it from happening again. The casualty list went something like this:

#1) Forgot to turn on water cooler ---> burst return line
    #2) After trying to tidy up hoses, I caused a kink in the return line ---> burst again
    #3) Accidentally laid the torch lines on a hot piece of work (melted my nylon cover, too!) and I have a hole in one of the lines.

I'm planning on replacing my nylon torch cover with a leather one, but I was curious about upgrading the lines. Is there anything "better" out there? Torch is a Weld-Tec WP20 connected to a Dynasty 200dx.

SuperFlex Hose/Cable

I'm a real rookie at TIGing. I started with a 17 series Weldcraft torch with the standard hose/cable.
    When I built my water cooler & acquired a watercooled torch, I went with the SuperFlex hose assembly from CK. It is fantastic! (Also pricey) It is very soft rubber that seems quite tough with a braided nylon sheath. I placed a leather cover over it for protection. I like it a lot.
    Here is a link (I couldn't locate it on the CK website). It's about halfway down the page.

http://www.lincoln.com.pl/pdf/akcesoria.pdf

Good luck in your quest.

Jerry in Anchorage

Comment

I use weldtec and weldcraft rubber hoses, makes the vinly look like the crap that it is. Much more durable (leathercover is a must if you drag them over hot work) and flexible.
      Dynasty 200 DX
      Millermatic 175
      Spectrum 375
      All kinds of Smith OA gear

Comment

Appreciate the responses! The rubber hoses sound like exactly what I'm after.

Comment

If you're interested I have a very nice CK series 20 Superflex I will sell.I just upgraded to a CK swivel head super flex. PM me if interested. Bill

Comment

Sent you a PM Bill....

Comment

I have the superflex hose and leather cover on my Dynasty 200DX and really like it. I would definately go that route again. The watercooled head is a must in my opinion.
              Dynasty 200DX
              Hypertherm 380

Comment

I'm glad to hear good things about these Superflex hoses. I was having a tough time finding an upgraded rubber hose set for my Weldtec WP-20 and a single vinyl return line (with the power cable) was close to $50.

I've never really understood the interchangability between all the different torch brands. Are most the parts for a 20 series torch interchangeable between brands? I'm not aware of anyone local that carries CK so I was concerned about having a torch I can't get parts for locally.

Comment

Working...
                X