New Miller Digital Elite Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Miller Digital Elite Question

hello i just bought a new miller digital elite welding helmet about 2 weeks ago. yesterday i brought it home from work and needed to change the front lense and proceeded to do so but it doesnt look like the front lense seals very well because the hood has a curve to it but the lense doesnt and i can see a little gap looking at the hood from the outside top and bottom. anybody have any tricks to make it seal better? i took the replacment lense back out and tried bending it a little to give it a curve but didnt seem to help any. I just think it should seal better for the money paid. I dont want any slag ect getting to the electronic lense behind the clear lense or i will be giving miller a call Thanks

Digital Elite Lens

Hey Joe: Did you put the rubber seal back in right? It seals the opening, then the cover lens, then the very expensive digital assemply, and the inner cover fits into that. I put new lens covers in mine a few weeks ago, and just went out and looked at it, and it's okay.

Hope this helps

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

digital elite lenses

yeah its all put together right. The replacment lenses have no curve to them but the helmet does and i can see the rubber gasket that fits around the replacment lense when looking at the face of the helmet at the top and bottom. hopefully it will be alright im just **** about this kind of stuff when paying 300 dollars for a hood Thanks for your reply

Comment

Originally posted by joe450 View Post
        yeah its all put together right. The replacment lenses have no curve to them but the helmet does and i can see the rubber gasket that fits around the replacment lense when looking at the face of the helmet at the top and bottom. hopefully it will be alright im just **** about this kind of stuff when paying 300 dollars for a hood Thanks for your reply
        If the replacement lens does not have a curve, then you have the wrong lens.

Griff

Comment

The replacement lenses aren't curved. The rubber has a front and a back.(back is wider) Make sure that you have it in the right way. Once you have the lens in the rubber you'll push the rubber gasket all the way in as far as it goes and it should stay all the way forward. Then you can put the electronics back in.
          Good luck,
          Bulldog
          5 Passport Pluses
          2 MM 212's
          MM 210
          MM 251 MIA
          MM 350 P w/Python
          Syncrowave 250
          w/ tig runner
          Trailblazer 302
          12RC w/meters
          Spectrum 1000
          Spectrum 2050
          2 Black BWEs
          Joker BWE
          Star & stripe BWE Digital
          2 star & stripe xlix's

REAL TRUCKS RATTLE
          CUMMINS BABY

Comment

The CORRECT replacement lenses ARE CURVED. Purchase the correct ones and be done with the problem.

Griff

Comment

Originally posted by griff01 View Post
              The CORRECT replacement lenses ARE CURVED. Purchase the correct ones and be done with the problem.

Griff
              i have MILLER replacements and they are NOT curved!

and no fitment problems.
              Dynasty 200 DX
              Millermatic 175
              Spectrum 375
              All kinds of Smith OA gear

Comment

Part # 216 326

Griff01: I'm holding in my hand, this very lens. The cover lens is FLAT. The top and bottom of the cover lens have a RADIUS to fit into the rubber seal. The lens itself, IS NOT CURVED or BOWED. It is FLAT.

Thank you

Dave
                Last edited by davedarragh; 11-17-2008, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
                  Griff01: I'm holding in my hand, this very lens. The cover lens is FLAT. The top and bottom of the cover lens have a RADIUS to fit into the rubber seal. The lens itself, IS NOT CURVED or BOWED. It is FLAT.

Thank you

Dave
                  Gotcha. My bad. I thought you were talking about the curve (radius) at the top.

Griff

Comment

No Big Deal

Griff: I thought about that, after I posted it. I think if you look at his first post, he was trying to bend the lens cover. No biggie, I just had to double check myslef, as I have post erroneous replies, try my best not to steer anyone in the wrong direction. I enjoy this forum, gives all of us a chance to bounce things around, if you know what I mean. Happy welding!

Comment

Working...
                    X