Clear All

• aametalmaster
    replied
    http://countrysaw.com/ ...Bob

Leave a comment:

• usurp
    replied
    Ellis Saw Blades

I have an Ellis 1600 band saw that I use almost every day. Really like the saw but it is a pain in the rear to get blades from them. I live in Alaska and Ellis will only ship using UPS. It is ridiculous expensive to ship them up here to Alaska. It irritates me that a company only offers one option to ship. If they would only have the willingness to use USPS, the shipping would be much more affordable for us that don't live in the lower 48. I order my blades online and get free shipping if my order is over $100. Love the Ellis product line but their narrow minding shipping department is losing out on the consumable business because they refuse to offer multiple shipping options.

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Ellis is fine. Starret is another story.

My local welding supply stocks Ellis blades and that is what I buy. I have had good luck with Ellis. I buy one or two blades a year with pretty much constant use. As for Starret they have gone down hill on a lot of their products!

Leave a comment:

• WyoRoy
    replied
    Originally posted by cliff huxtable View Post
    I went though this a few months ago. I bought a starret and I thought it was junk. I'm pretty sure the Ellis stock is from Amada. I know the blades that came with my saw were.
    Thanks Cliffie!!!

Leave a comment:

• cliff huxtable
    replied
    I went though this a few months ago. I bought a starret and I thought it was junk. I'm pretty sure the Ellis stock is from Amada. I know the blades that came with my saw were.

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    I don't own an Ellis but they send me flyers all the time trying to sell me blades at a pretty fair price.

Leave a comment:

• MSS
    replied
    Ellis does weld 'em.

Ellis gets their blades in bulk and welds them up at their facility in "Hometown, USA", Verona, Wisconsin. Great saw, great blades and great people to work with. Couldn't tell you about price? Never bought anything else.

MSS

Leave a comment:

• WyoRoy
    replied
    Well looking at Ellis's site it appears they weld their own blades. Does anyone know what brand blade stock they are using?

Leave a comment:

• FATFAB
    replied
    I buy them direct from Ellis,

Leave a comment:

• WyoRoy
    replied
    I'm not running an Ellis brand blade on my Ellis right now and don't have any Ellis branded blades to look at, but I seriously doubt if Ellis manufactures their own blades. Its much more likely that Ellis has their blades built by another manufacturer. I've been using Morse bi-metal blades from Baum Hydraulic out of Nebraska with very good luck ...they have a website as well.

Leave a comment:

• Iron Head
    replied
    Originally posted by cliff huxtable View Post
    Call Ellis and buy direct. I doubt you will find any better price.
    That’s good to know. I’ll do that! When I sent in my warranty information I checked the box requesting pricing, but never got it.

Thanks for the reply!

Leave a comment:

• cliff huxtable
    replied
    Call Ellis and buy direct. I doubt you will find any better price.

Leave a comment:

• Iron Head
    replied
    My mistake!
    I should have specified, Ellis blades only! These blades are amazing! Just broke / wore out my first blade. Got my saw last spring, use it every day, and just went through my first blade! And that wouldn’t have happened except that darn cam vice let lose last week, which damaged the blade!
    Got my new screw vice yesterday!

Leave a comment:

• archer175
    replied
    This place also has blades.
    http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/N2DRVSH?PMSECT=691

Leave a comment:

• BC Iron works
    replied
    grizzly has lots of blades

Leave a comment:

Working...