Mig Welding Hastalloy X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mig Welding Hastalloy X

Having problems feeding hastalloy X wire when welding. We have tried several
    different liners, tips, cones, different pressure for the wire and it wants to
    seize up the gun or will break right after the drive wheel. Does any one have
    a suggestion?

Thanks to those that replied. We found a solution I know this a miller forum and we looked
    at the miller products but our weld supplier brought in a lincoln power wave 355M and a
    power feed 10M bench feeder which allows you to align the wire feed at the proper angle
    into the gun. Also a dual feed roll drive with a wire straightener feeding to the rolls.
    That did it for the wire snagging in the teflon liner. The unit is a computerized pulse
    unit with extremely fine adjustment it senses the arc and adjusts the feed and current
    to compensate.
    Last edited by Russell Baerwald; 10-25-2008, 04:50 PM.

nfinch86- CANADIAN WELDOR :

Originally posted by Russell Baerwald View Post
    Having problems feeding hastalloy X wire when welding. We have tried several
    different liners, tips, cones, different pressure for the wire and it wants to
    seize up the gun or will break right after the drive wheel. Does any one have
    a suggestion?
    What is Hastalloy X Wire??.... Norm :
    www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by nfinch86 View Post
      What is Hastalloy X Wire??.... Norm :

http://www.haynesintl.com/pdf/h3009.pdf

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...&q=hastelloy+x
      Dynasty 350DX
      Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
      MM 350P
      MM Passport Plus
      Spectrum 375 Extreme
      08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

nfinch86- CANADIAN WELDOR :

KB, THANKS; Sounds like A very Specialized Process!!.... Norm :
        www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

try running one size over on the tip size.
          Paul

Comment

Russel, I had the same problem, we tried using serrated rollers, V groove rollers, we did not have U groove, which I think would have helped, as it has helped me with aluminum and a 15' gun....I finally gave up, our LWS had turned us on to a damaged spool suggesting we use it for a cast iron project. Anyway, let us know what you find, I Like Paul's info as to bigger contact tip,can't remember if we tried that, we even used a new teflon liner as well as a standard liner, that stuff is slick and soft at the same time. I am using a 60M feeder that has double rollers too. Good Luck...Paul
            More Spark Today Pleasesigpic

Comment

Working...
            X