with welder to get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• with welder to get

I have a mig lincoln weld-pak-100-hd but I wood like to tig weld. I look the Econotig-and the Dinersion165 ,the only thing that I weld is dom tube with a 1 1/4 -1/8 wall or 1 1/2 1/8wall .I will be welding a frame for my motorcycle or my hot rod that I will building or mild steel .could use some help

The Diversion will certainly work and seems to be a little more user friendly iffin' ya do decide to weld AL.

Don't have any hands on experience with either though.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Comment

nfinch86- CANADIAN WELDOR :

Originally posted by honda View Post
      I have a mig lincoln weld-pak-100-hd but I wood like to tig weld. I look the Econotig-and the Dinersion165 ,the only thing that I weld is dom tube with a 1 1/4 -1/8 wall or 1 1/2 1/8wall .I will be welding a frame for my motorcycle or my hot rod that I will building or mild steel .could use some help
      HEY, HONDA; IF I"m not mistaken Lincoln Weld-Pac 100 is Innershield not Mig Welder, It would be fine for Light Gage Steel. The OTHER ONE I"VE Never heard of ?..... Norm :
      www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by honda View Post

I believe the Diversion would be the EXACT machine you are looking for and you are EXACTLY the kind of customer that MILLER had in mind when they designed it!!!!

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
        Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
        MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
        Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
        Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
        Miller 30-A Spoolgun
        Miller WC-115-A
        Miller Spectrum 300
        Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
        Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
          I believe the Diversion would be the EXACT machine you are looking for and you are EXACTLY the kind of customer that MILLER had in mind when they designed it!!!!
          Dylan

RED BIRD WELDING

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

HH-140
          Crappy stick welder
          Victor supper range II
          Makita grinder
          more stuff i don't feel like listing.

Comment

Originally posted by nfinch86 View Post
            HEY, HONDA; IF I"m not mistaken Lincoln Weld-Pac 100 is Innershield not Mig Welder, It would be fine for Light Gage Steel. The OTHER ONE I"VE Never heard of ?..... Norm :
            Norm,

The Weld-Pak 100 could be GMAW with the addition of a K610-1 MIG Conversion Kit
            Ed Conley
            MM252
            MM211
            TA185
            Miller 125c Plasma 120v
            O/A set
            SO 2020 Bender
            You can call me Bacchus

Comment

It's too bad that the Diversion doesn't have the multi-line input (115/230/460 v input auto detect) beause that would make it the best choice.... So unless you wanted to step up to dynasty levels i would get the diversion, It has a wider amperage range than the econo tig, but just don't stick weld (not too big of a deal IMO as you can get a cheap stick welder for less that the diffrence in the price of the 2 units.

Personally, you will learn to love welding and want to do it more and more... My advice is that if you've got the coin step up to a dynsaty 200 DX, you can use it anywhere and will not outgrow it until you're trying to do 3/4'' aluminum welds.

It was a very good investment IMO, but the amperage is a little low for some jobs so i will get some big honkin old unit just to have just in case here in the future.

Best of luck and don't be afraid to haggle on price with the welding store.. They tried charging me 35 bucks for millers "pocket weld calculator" then i showed them they are only 1.50 each on line and they gave them to me free for felling like dumb asses... But then again i do at least 1k dollars a month business there. but still..act educated (and be educated ) on price and procedure names so they don't say something to feel like they have teh smarts to sell you what you don't need.
              Dynasty 200DX
              Hobart Handler 135
              Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
              Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
              Hypertherm Powermax 45
              Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

Comment

If the Diversion HAD the Multi Voltage option it wouldn't be a Diversion-

It is like asking "It would be nice if the MM180 had Multi Voltage"

It doesn't and it is priced accordingly -

You want a Mig with Multi Voltage, you buy a Passport and you pay $$ for the option.
                Ed Conley
                MM252
                MM211
                TA185
                Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                O/A set
                SO 2020 Bender
                You can call me Bacchus

Comment

sugestion

I weld stainless railings al we use Maxstar 150 or 200. their small and can put out enoughf to tig some weld mounts for full pen welds. And it can be run on 115 or 220 .

Comment

nfinch86- CANADIAN WELDOR :

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
                    Norm,

The Weld-Pak 100 could be GMAW with the addition of a K610-1 MIG Conversion Kit
                    HI ED; YOU ARE RIGHT , for a few extra bucks you have a small MIG Welder..... Norm :
                    www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

You didn't say aluminum in here which is the big reason I would want a tig. Personally if I had a 100 flux mig my next move would be to a decent machine like a 180 class wire feed running 030 solid and C25, you will really get the use from it, earns its keep quickly.

Comment

You could MIG or TIG DOM tubing for your application. Tig has a steeper learning curve and will require lots of practice. MIG will require the supervision of a welder for 1/2 day and you will be ok to run on your own. If you do go the MIG route, I would stay away from the weldpaks, the are good enough but you will come to appreciate the better gun, feed tube, and feed rolls on a setup like a MM180.

John
                        John

Millermatic DVI
                        Millermatic 375 xtreme
                        And a brand new Syncro 200!!!

Comment

tig weld

thank for all the help

Comment

Originally posted by nfinch86 View Post
                            HI ED; YOU ARE RIGHT , for a few extra bucks you have a small MIG Welder..... Norm :
                            I've got the weldpak-100 w/ the GMAW conversion... once converted it is as far as I can tell the exact same thing as an SP-135. used within it's capabilities it is a great little welder. I use it whenever I'm dealing with something that's too thin for my bobcat, be it FCAW or GMAW, stainless or mild... it's definitely been worth what I paid for it.

IIRC, the conversion kit was $130 give or take... (bought it years ago)
                            Bobcat 225NT
                            Cutmaster 52
                            Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
                            Caterpillar TH63
                            '07 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

Working...
                            X