Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good price for used Dynasty 300DX?

Hi All,

I came across a used Dynasty 300DX and can't really find anything online concerning used prices. Here are the details:

The machine comes with cooler, cart and remote foot control. It also comes with new watercooled tig torch, ground cable, clamp and regulator flow meter.

It's a 2006 model that was rotated out of one of the race shops here in Mooresville, NC.

He is asking $4500 for everything. Does this sound like a good deal? He said that the race shops only use the machines for welding 1/8" frame rails and the 1/4" upper control arm mounts so it's only lightly used and in Grade A condition.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig

It's still under warranty at least. Try to get him down to$4000 total.

James
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Comment

Originally posted by ichikuma View Post
      Hi All,

I came across a used Dynasty 300DX and can't really find anything online concerning used prices. Here are the details:

The machine comes with cooler, cart and remote foot control. It also comes with new watercooled tig torch, ground cable, clamp and regulator flow meter.

It's a 2006 model that was rotated out of one of the race shops here in Mooresville, NC.

He is asking $4500 for everything. Does this sound like a good deal? He said that the race shops only use the machines for welding 1/8" frame rails and the 1/4" upper control arm mounts so it's only lightly used and in Grade A condition.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig
      That's exactly what I sold mine for a little less than a year ago. It was an 06' as well with approximately 90 hours on it. If you can get it for that price and the machine has been well cared for then it is a great deal IMHO. You can also get the serial number and call Miller tech service and they can look it up and see if any warranty work has ever been done to it.

Personally, I would not try to hack someone down $500 on a $4500 price tag on a unit like that unless there was some good reason.
      Dynasty 350DX
      Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
      MM 350P
      MM Passport Plus
      Spectrum 375 Extreme
      08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

It also has a built in arc timer, so you can see how much use is really on the machine. but if it's in as good a shape as he says and looks to be what you want, i would say 4500 is a good price. BUT, it NEVER hurts to haggle a little, if you can save 500 bucks why not...just offer 4k flat and if he don't take it pay the full price.
        Dynasty 200DX
        Hobart Handler 135
        Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
        Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
        Hypertherm Powermax 45
        Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

Comment

As others have said, 4500 is a great deal for that setup, if its in good condition. Wish I could have found one like that for $4500 when I bought my '07 300DX but they are rarer than hens teeth in my neck of the woods. I got the last new one sold in Canada.
          hre

Comment

Thanks for the input, I thought it was a good deal but not many people are selling them so it's hard to get a feel for what they are worth.

KB, if you don't mind me asking, why did you sell yours, was there any issues with it?

Thanks again for everyones input, greatly appreciated.
            Last edited by ichikuma; 09-28-2008, 03:42 PM.

Comment

KB, if you don't mind me asking, why did you sell yours, was there any issues with it?
              None whatsoever. I just stepped up to the new 350 when it came out. I actually sold mine to a board member, and friend, LA Weld. He might also be of some help if yuo wanted to shoot him a PM.

How can you tell how many hours are on it, can it be done from the control panel?
              There is a menu on startup that you can access by depressing the output and amperage buttons simultaneously. Press the two buttons, turn on the machine, and then you will be shown two numbers. The first is arc time. The first four numbers are hours and the last two numbers are minutes. The next number that will show is how many arc starts the machine has had. It will then go back to normal operating mode automatically.
              Dynasty 350DX
              Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
              MM 350P
              MM Passport Plus
              Spectrum 375 Extreme
              08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o358ag_mil.pdf

Page 39
                Ed Conley
                http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                MM252
                MM211
                Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                TA185
                Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                O/A set
                SO 2020 Bender
                You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Thanks a bunch everyone. I'm going to check it out tomorrow .

Comment

Good luck and haggle all you want. It's your money. Unless your rich it's OK to haggle.

James
                    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
                    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
                    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
                    20Ton press
                    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
                    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Comment

I'm now the proud owner of a, new to me, Dynasty 300DX. The guys selling these machines are top notch and it was a pleasure doing business with them. The machine had a total of 92 hours on it and it's awesome . They had Dynasty 200DX's (on Craigslist in another thread) that had 15 minutes on them, LOL. I'll be picking one of those up in a couple of weeks.

I didn't get him down on price, didn't really try after I saw the machine but he threw in 3 gallons of coolant and a bunch of new Ceriated tungsten so I think the machine was totally worth the price.

Thanks again for everyones help, really appreciate it.

Comment

Congrats on the new addition to your family, you will love the 300DX.
                        hre

Comment

Working...
                        X