X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballpeen08
    replied
    Carpal tunnel release

I used to have it from years of repititive welding and then commercial fishing. i would wake up in the middle of the night and strongly considered cutting my hand off it hurt so bad. There is a very simple procedure called a carpal tunnel release, it is painless, minimally invasive and worth every penny . 15 yrs now since the procedure and no problem.

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    I deal with pain every day. After 30+ years dealing with severe pain, you just learn to turn it off or ignore it. If it gets too awful bad, Advil may help a little. For the most part, I just take it easy on my left side when the pain starts up. Good thing I am ambidexterous.

I have noticed this year that it is starting to get worse. Splints may be the next step. Once I get off probation on the new insurance, I may get it looked at. The pain can be managed, but the numbness and loss of strength has started to cause troubles. I've dropped a few things because I simply couldn't feel them in my hand. That has just started in the last few weeks.

In the mean time, there is a homeopathic remedy I may try. It would mean cutting out my coffee, though. Some things cost just too much, ya know? Never get between me and my coffee.

Leave a comment:

• FABMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by DDA52 View Post
    I already figured that I had it. Been dealing with it a long time.....no reason for that to change. That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I should be able to bench press a planet by now.

don, what do you do to relieve the pain ?
    do you wear any type of splint at work, or at night ?
    take any type of medication ?

how do yuor symptoms affect you ?

thanks much.
    leonard

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    I already figured that I had it. Been dealing with it a long time.....no reason for that to change. That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I should be able to bench press a planet by now.

Leave a comment:

• FABMAN
    replied
    I just tried this...my right hand stayed the same...lefty went numb instantly.

wow don, according to ym doctor, that is carpel tunnel syndrome in your left hand/wrist. sorry to hear that.
    mine didnt go numb, so she said i am only in the tendonitus stage.

last night was just about perfect, wearing the night time sleep wrist splint i got from walgreens. wore the standard wrist splint while wleing and grinding at work toady. so far, so good.
    i will wear the sleep splint tonight again, and every night for that matter. i just hope i can sleep, even after the cortizone shot wears off in the next few days.
    i will let you knwo how it goes in the coming days and weeks.
    leonard

Leave a comment:

• Laiky
    replied
    sometimes, i walk right into them. My "Therapist" is a friend of mine, i pay $80/hr. She is already married, but i did offer. She won't introduce me to any of her therapist friends

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    Geee.....now why didn't I think of that????

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    Well don't do that:

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    Originally posted by FABMAN View Post
    she also had me bend both wrists at 90 degree down angles, hold the bent wrists together at my chin, and hold them there for 30 seconds. she said if my hand and wrist would have went numb, then that would have shown signs of carpel trouble. my hands and wrists felt fine, so that is why she thinks tendonitus.

leonard

Leave a comment:

• Bodybagger
    replied
    I'm sure the pain bothered you and of course the thought of carpel tunnel isn't pleasant. But it's only tendonitis and you're on your way for a massage.

Nice to know your thread has a happy ending!

Leave a comment:

• FABMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Bodybagger View Post
    If my hand was getting numb, I would probably visit a massage parlor.
    good one man... LOL.

leonard..

Leave a comment:

• Bodybagger
    replied
    If my hand was getting numb, I would probably visit a massage parlor.

Leave a comment:

• FABMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Laiky View Post
    i would still pay a visit to a massage therapist. I have trigger points that screw up my hands and elbows. Basically a knotted section of muscle that is always putting tension on the muscles and sometimes pressure on nerves. You'll never know they are there until the therapist puts pressure on them and you scream! It can aggrevate tendonitis. Give it a try for an hour, hands ,wrists, arms, shoulders and neck. Worst case, you feel more relaxed and don't go back.
    how much do you pay for a visit ?

thanks.
    leonard

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    Originally posted by Laiky View Post
    i would still pay a visit to a massage therapist.
    Or marry one

Leave a comment:

• Laiky
    replied
    i would still pay a visit to a massage therapist. I have trigger points that screw up my hands and elbows. Basically a knotted section of muscle that is always putting tension on the muscles and sometimes pressure on nerves. You'll never know they are there until the therapist puts pressure on them and you scream! It can aggrevate tendonitis. Give it a try for an hour, hands ,wrists, arms, shoulders and neck. Worst case, you feel more relaxed and don't go back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X