Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey2589
    replied
    ill have to ask a friend of mine see if i can buy one of his many private c=25 cylinders off him.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    Note: some have experienced freezing of the regulator but I have not.
    I be one of 'em, in the Las Vegas summer, too. Went through two regulators before getting an old used one that was designed for 100% CO2.

Leave a comment:

• joey2589
    replied
    Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    Pick up the adapter and weld on.

sweet!!

Originally posted by gangel99 View Post
    Looking at if from another angle, what material do you want to weld? If it is generally 1/8" thick or less with 1/4" every once in a while then get the 140. Otherwise the 180.
    i usually weld 1/4" most of the time.....

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    Originally posted by joey2589 View Post
    well guys...... a nice heavy shiny blue miller 180 followed me home.

got a question tho can i use the smith regulator that comes in the package on c02? im aware i have to adapt from a cga-320 to a cga-580. but i have a 20lb c02 cylinder to use for some dual shied flux core.
    Pick up the adapter and weld on.

Leave a comment:

• gangel99
    replied
    I would have been on the side of the 180 folks except I have gotten several railing jobs where I had to weld sections on site. The portability and plug-in ability made it possible.

Looking at if from another angle, what material do you want to weld? If it is generally 1/8" thick or less with 1/4" every once in a while then get the 140. Otherwise the 180.

Leave a comment:

• joey2589
    replied
    well guys...... a nice heavy shiny blue miller 180 followed me home.

got a question tho can i use the smith regulator that comes in the package on c02? im aware i have to adapt from a cga-320 to a cga-580. but i have a 20lb c02 cylinder to use for some dual shied flux core.

Leave a comment:

• Tailshaft56
    replied
    Good decision. BTW the 180 is rated for premium beer, not the cheap stuff!!! LOL

Leave a comment:

• joey2589
    replied
    thanks guys.

yea i reckon ill get the mm180. i have a nice extension cord about 100' of 6/3 now thats a monster cord.

stove is gas and dryer is 120V. but the air compressor is 240V on a 30A breaker.

gotta take the lill woman to the county fair this weekend hopefully wont hurt my welder fund to much

like said been a member for couple years not very active but soon will be more active. ill post up some pics of my past projects.... be nice now not to have to borrow my buddies welder.

Leave a comment:

• JgishODU99
    replied
    Hey Joey,
    I been running my mm150 and the spot off of the stove outlet with some scary thick extension cords. I also can use both with my 5000 watt generac. Go with the 180. I thought about what would be the thickest metal I'd deal with, what would the majority of the work be done on, and then I added a step up in capabilty to get the 150. The 135 was cheaper but I've never said "D--n I wish I had more power", although the newer 180s or 250s are nicer units. Still I'm happy with what I got. Enjoy your upcoming purchase.

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    Originally posted by FATFAB View Post
    I vote for the PassPort as well why choose when Mill made them both and better and in one fine box?????
    He already said it was not in his budget or he'd get it.

FWIW that's my choice as well...I would much prefer the arc quality as well....inverters rock!!!!

Leave a comment:

• FATFAB
    replied
    I vote for the PassPort as well why choose when Mill made them both and better and in one fine box?????

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    You will always regret not getting the 180 when you had the chance. Duty cycle and power make it a MUCH better value for the little extra cost.

But, consider the Passport!

Leave a comment:

• krackle
    replied
    I always say get as much power as you can afford, you will be glad you did later.

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    It might not be all that difficult to set up an outlet at the buds place if this was an issue, I find the need to move these machines highly over rated. For the extra money the 180 is a leap over the 140, almost twice the machine.

Leave a comment:

• Mega Arc 5040DD
    replied
    Just get the Passport plus then you can do either stay home on 220v or go out on 110v. That what i did works great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X