250 wire speed question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250 wire speed question

I have just purchased a used 250. The problem is I can't seam to slow the wire speed down below 450, any sugestions would be helpful. Thanks

Welcome aboard.

Either the control board or the wire feed pot is bad. I'd look at the wires on the feed speed potentiometer, at least.

If you don't see anything obviously wrong, and the problem persists, call tech support. They are very helpfull.

Hank
    ...from the Gadget Garage
    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
    Handler 210 w/DP3035
    TA185TSW
    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

As previously said, welcome aboard these wonderful boards...there are alot of people here who know alot and are willing to share their knowledge if you just ask. I know they have helped me alot.

As far as your machine problem...I'm afraid I can't help you there. MIG welders are still pretty new to this old farm boy. But I'm sure someone here can help, or as said before you can always call tech support...they will be able to help you trace your problem. Once you get your problem fixed, I think you will be very satisfied with the 250, we have one at work and run it pretty hard every day. The old 250 keeps right up with the newer 251 we have sitting right next to it. Good luck and enjoy the boards.

Bryce
      Triple B Services
      Miller Thunderbolt XL AC/DC
      Lincoln AC-225S
      Craftsman Hand Tools
      DeWalt Angle Grinder
      Performance Tools Bench Grinder
      1994 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4
      1980 Ford F150 Custom
      1983 Ford F250 4x4

Comment

I have an old welder like that. Has only two welding heats. Low and really hot. Control board is no longer available.

Comment

Working...
        X