CWB/NDT rate of pay/salary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWB/NDT rate of pay/salary

I was wondering what the rate of pay is or salary for CWB level 1 inspectors and NDT technicians(RT,UT,etc) becuase i'm doing welding engineering in school and i was wondering what tickets should i right for and which ones has the highest rate of pay.

welding inspection and UT would be my suggestion. Get proficient with shear wave and then go for any opportunity to get into PA or similar. The rate of pay is dependent on a lot of things. Your location, experience, job demand, diversification, ect... The pay can be from $10 an hour (very bottom of the barrel) to $25 an hour for someone right out of school. It will also depend on the industry your looking to get into. What do you see your self doing?
    "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."

-- Seneca the Younger

Comment

I was looking to get hired on as a cwb level 1 inspector and then work my way up to a qa/qc job over the years. I live in newfoundland canada and there is a lot of oil work starting soon and up in alberta they pay really good wages but if i couldn't get a job right away as a level 1 inspector then i would work at a ndt job until something came up

Comment

I would think your location would make a difference, now that we know you live in Newfoundland, Canada maybe someone will have a better idea.

I wouldn't suggest rushing out to Alberta however unless you actually line a job up first. I think it's slow right now.
        at home:
        2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
        2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
        2008 Suitcase 12RC
        Spoolmatic 30A
        WC-24
        2009 Dynasty 200DX
        2000 XMT 304
        2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
        Sold:MM130XP
        Sold:MM 251
        Sold:CST 280

at work:
        Invision 350MP
        Dynasty 350
        Millermatic 350P
        Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Comment

i ain't..i still gotta another year of school..i just was wondering the rates of pay for ndt and cwb inspectors and how much they increases when you go up to level 2 and level 3. Like would a level 3 UT make $50 or more or less?i have no clue about the rate of pay. In my course it's mostly about welding but this year we gets into ndt work and are gonna have the class time and knowledge to write the written test and do the practical to get the ticket so i was just wondering the rate of pay and also would a cwb inspector with NDT tickets get the job over with somebody who don't have them becuase then he can also do ndt work and inspect for the company

Comment

Why would you be going to school for something that you don't know how much it pays?

Comment

I'm going to school for welding engineering becuase that's what i wants to work at and i knows it pays really good money here in Canada at it but i was just wondering how much ndt pays becuase i would go and write a ticket for ut if the pay is good.I ain't going to school for ndt i'm going to school for welding engineering but i still got to pay $500 to write the ticket for first level welding inspector if i wants that. I got the union book that says the amount they gotta pay you for different parts of canada but i just wanted to know different salaries.Becuase i heard people getting $30 starting off and then i heard people getting $50plus starting off which both is good money but i only wanted to know what NDT tickets i should write. When you signs up for a course in canada it doesn't say ok you will make $20 an hr when you gets out of school..it varies from company to company.

Comment

check ou these links. There are a lot of job offers. look for something in the area you want to work and call, make a contact and see what the going rate is.

http://www.roadtechs.com/
                https://www.inspectionjobs.com/
                "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."

-- Seneca the Younger

Comment

Well buddy, if you're just looking at the rate of pay to decide your future then I think you better step back and reassess your values. Working at what you really enjoy and that which gives you satisfaction should put you on the better course. When you achieve that, the money, believe it or not, is like a bonus.

Comment

Well said Cornerstone.
                    at home:
                    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
                    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
                    2008 Suitcase 12RC
                    Spoolmatic 30A
                    WC-24
                    2009 Dynasty 200DX
                    2000 XMT 304
                    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
                    Sold:MM130XP
                    Sold:MM 251
                    Sold:CST 280

at work:
                    Invision 350MP
                    Dynasty 350
                    Millermatic 350P
                    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Comment

Originally posted by c wagner View Post
                      Well said Cornerstone.
                      Thanks c wagner. I hope atvman can use this advice in the light it was given.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornerstone View Post
                        Well buddy, if you're just looking at the rate of pay to decide your future then I think you better step back and reassess your values. Working at what you really enjoy and that which gives you satisfaction should put you on the better course. When you achieve that, the money, believe it or not, is like a bonus.
                        Life isn't any fun after you get all the toys bought if it is just about the money. Shortly you will HATE going to work everyday.

I have found life to be exactly as Cornerstone stated. If you enjoy what you are doing, then you look forward to going to work, year after year. And after finding that job you enjoy doing, the money does come, you have the best of everything in life then.

But first, you want a job you enjoy doing/going to everyday. I've been walking through the same door about half of my life, but I pretty well enjoy it.

That's why it says; Ken's DAVIS MACHINE SHOP on the sign. I got to buy it a few years ago and I really enjoy it now.

There isn't a whole lot of money in a State Capital city like Salem for an automotive machine shop, but we all enjoy what we are doing. That makes the difference.

Just wanting to work for the most money... I don't know about that. Good luck with doing it.

Ken
                        Click on the sig photo
                        sigpic
                        An Automotive Machine Shop

Comment

Working...
                        X