No announcement yet.

Bad acetylene bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went in last week and got another bottle, of all the bottles on the dock he tries to pass off one thats a ***** size and the bottle cap doesn't even screw on. I been doing biz with this outfit a long time, back in the day when things were slow I was a good customer. I have had some pricing discussions with them, they will sell a machine competitive to internet but consumables are pricey. As JT said, I got the speech about volume, well, whats this guy figure, I sposed to take it up the azz and take a gouging when I don't look over every line item, doesn't have a clue as to why I don't do most of my biz there, thats the reason, like maybe if I give him all of it and take it up the rear I could have some high hopes of getting a break someday? I pay for it, haul it and the day is gone when I point and say give me 6 of those dark glasses, 2 dozen gloves and a couple cans of rods, toss in a box of grinding wheels and 50 ft of torch hose without pricing every item.
    To add to it, we don't have that in stock, it will be here next Thursday, a half a dozen stores and it takes 10 days to get a Maxstar and 2 weeks to get the 2050.
    Last edited by Sberry; 08-25-2008, 10:55 AM.

Comment

I went north to a bigger city, an Airgas store and another industrial gas and welding supply store. The help at Airgas was attentive, the other one zip, only thing they ask was, is that it? and they all worried about how fast they could get it done despite they all sitting around on their tails. The head salesman was wanting to bail cause it was already 2:30 and you would think that the guy would reach over and say hi to a new customer in a full blown service truck with 2 welding machines on it, nope, could care less.

Comment

Same store, I swing in to grab a couple rolls of 030 alum for some tubing we were working on, 5000+ square ft of warehouse + the showroom, box was empty or they didn't carry it, don't recall which, had 035 but Home Depot was glad to have 10 rolls on hand. I bought 10# of rod to boot, about half what the LWS wanted.
        Last edited by Sberry; 08-25-2008, 11:30 AM.

Comment

When I was in AZ, we had a supplier like that, I was not surprised when they went out of business and got bought out by another supplier.
          The guy I use now is really good. Its not unusual for him to just through in the small stuff free of charge. A few months ago he reamed my tip seats on my torch free of charge. He really knows his stuff and is real strait forth.
          To all who contribute to this board.
          My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
          Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
          Miller Syncrowave 250
          Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

Firts of all, there is something called customer service. If your customer isn't happy then you might want to work on your service.

Secondly, i don't care who you are or what you know. If i'm not comfortable with a potential bomb i'm buying they can go screw. Right or wrong BB was justified since he wasn't "sure" it was safe. I had a friend almost killed (missing a large chunk of his leg) due to a leaking B tank. The fact that "someone else" said it was safe doesn't undo the carnage. I won't even bring my acetylene into the gararge unless i'm using it.
            Dynasty 200 DX
            Millermatic 175
            Spectrum 375
            All kinds of Smith OA gear

Comment

Originally posted by burninbriar View Post
              Whats your problem? Maybe you should try getting a girlfriend or something.

Go find a girlfriend, or a bar so you can relax and quit trying to be a smartass.

When I married my lovely bride, known officially as "Olga the Wife/Chick", I swore off of all other women so additional girlfriends are out of the question. Even if I was inclined to do that type of thing, and I'm not, she'd fix my wagon with most likely a 12 gauge. Just because she's so fond of her shotgun, and cutting my throat in my sleep would ruin the very nice mattress we have, not to mention the sheets.
              And I haven't been in a bar for years, so....thanks for the suggestions but i'm going to pass.
              You're repeated remarks concerning "getting a girlfriend" might reflect somewhat "negatively" on your own state of mind to some people who've had rudimentary psycology classes so you'll look better overall if you stop that. Just a thought.

JTMcC,
              Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Comment

One of the main things a user can do for safety is turn the things off when you are finished. I don't use torches a lot anymore and am constantly interrupted, my system is turn on bottles, use torch, turn off bottles, I will bite the bullet and turn it on again, but most of the time its OFF. We all know they ain't sposed to leak but the do on occasion. Wire feeds the same way, switch on, bottle on, bottle off before the switch. Also,,, unplug trailer lites BEFORE the ball and chains.

Comment

Originally posted by Sberry View Post
                  One of the main things a user can do for safety is turn the things off when you are finished. I don't use torches a lot anymore and am constantly interrupted, my system is turn on bottles, use torch, turn off bottles, I will bite the bullet and turn it on again, but most of the time its OFF. We all know they ain't sposed to leak but the do on occasion. Wire feeds the same way, switch on, bottle on, bottle off before the switch. Also,,, unplug trailer lites BEFORE the ball and chains.

Is there any other way that's right???

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                  Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                  MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                  Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                  Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                  Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                  Miller WC-115-A
                  Miller Spectrum 300
                  Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                  Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

I make sure I pull my fly open before I "P" and "put on your shoes and socks" is not in the right order.
                    Weekend wannab racer with some welders.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicegrip View Post
                      I make sure I pull my fly open before I "P"
                      The most important part is to tuck in before you zip up!!!
                      at home:
                      2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
                      2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
                      2008 Suitcase 12RC
                      Spoolmatic 30A
                      WC-24
                      2009 Dynasty 200DX
                      2000 XMT 304
                      2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
                      Sold:MM130XP
                      Sold:MM 251
                      Sold:CST 280

at work:
                      Invision 350MP
                      Dynasty 350
                      Millermatic 350P
                      Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Comment

Hey Clay, I think most would only make that mistake once.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaulson View Post
                          Hey Clay, I think most would only make that mistake once.
                          One would hope that's the case.
                          I wonder about some of the guys I've meet!

Check your pm's!
                          at home:
                          2008 Suitcase 12RC
                          Spoolmatic 30A
                          WC-24
                          2009 Dynasty 200DX
                          2000 XMT 304

at work:
                          Invision 350MP
                          Dynasty 350
                          Millermatic 350P
                          Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Comment

Tuck In

Were some of you guys talking from personell experiance????
                            sigpic

Miller 140 w A/S
                            HF 90 Amp Flux Core
                            Dewalt Chop Saw
                            Smith O/A Torch
                            Ryobi, HF grinders

Harley Electra Glide Classic

Comment

Originally posted by FormerTankSarge View Post
                              Were some of you guys talking from personell experiance????
                              In regards to my comment if you've ever watched the movie "What about Mary" that's all the experience you'd need!
                              at home:
                              2008 Suitcase 12RC
                              Spoolmatic 30A
                              WC-24
                              2009 Dynasty 200DX
                              2000 XMT 304