Hi to the forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi to the forum.

Just wanted to say hello to the forum. I am very happy to join your community, I have been browsing Miller´s website for about a year now but for some dumb reason been searching on the entire internet to clear my welding doubts never suspecting I could find the answers here. No roaming around internet for welding tips anymore

A little about my self, I live in Uruguay, south america. Started to stick weld at the age of 15. Then at the age of 20 learnt to weld with an oxyacetilene torch to repair a crashed and rusted 1980 Datsun 100A (my first car, I was quite short of cash those days but needed the noble Datsun to take my girlfriend out ). I have been introduced to Miller equipment when purchasing a used Thunderbolt 225 AC for which I made a rectifier bridge which works fairly well. Then added a Maxtar 150s and then a CST 280 to my collection. What a difference! Mostly I use stick which is the process I learnt first, but now I am trying to learn to Tig weld with the CST 280.

I have many questions regarding TIG which I expect to clear with your help in the future, just wanted to say hi to all.

Thank´s!

Regards:

Jerónimo Bethencourt.
    Jerónimo.

Traumao è la elètrica.

Welcome to the forum you should be able to get your questions answered here
    glen, If your not on the edge, your wasting space

Comment

Hello, and greetings from America.
      2- XMT's 350 cc/cv
      1- Blue star 185
      1- BOBCAT 250
      1- TRAILBLAZER 302
      1- MILLER DVI
      2- PASSPORT PLUS
      1- DYNASTY 200 DX
      1- DYNASTY 280 DX
      1- MAXSTAR 150 STL
      1- HF-251 BOX
      1- S-74D
      1- S-75DXA
      2- 12-RC SUITCASES
      1- 8-VS SUITCASE
      2- 30 A SPOOLGUNS

Comment

Hello and welcome
        Miller Bobcat 250
        Victor O/A
        Chop Saw
        Porta-band
        grinders
        hand tools

Comment

Welcome

Welcome Jerónimo. Is it always summer in Uruguay? How cold does it get in 'winter'? It's 98* here now and we'll get a few days of -10* in the winter nights. Humidity is usually low, under 50%. Is English your native language?

Oops, sorry; back to welding.
          RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Craig in Denver View Post
            Welcome Jerónimo. Is it always summer in Uruguay? How cold does it get in 'winter'? It's 98* here now and we'll get a few days of -10* in the winter nights. Humidity is usually low, under 50%. Is English your native language?

Oops, sorry; back to welding.
            Thank´s Craig, here we have the four seasons, humidity is high here all the year with few days below 50%. We are now in winter, although now we have a hot week, you can expect temperatures between 32 and 60 ºF, but thermal sensations because of the high humidity precentages can fall to 14ºF.
            Our native language is spanish, but many people here course studies in english as is my case. Our country is situated between Brazil and Argentina, with coasts to the South Atlantic.

Regards:

Jerónimo.
            Jerónimo.

Traumao è la elètrica.

Comment

Originally posted by Schnellboot View Post
              Just wanted to say hello to the forum. I am very happy to join your community, I have been browsing Miller´s website for about a year now but for some dumb reason been searching on the entire internet to clear my welding doubts never suspecting I could find the answers here. No roaming around internet for welding tips anymore

A little about my self, I live in Uruguay, south america. Started to stick weld at the age of 15. Then at the age of 20 learnt to weld with an oxyacetilene torch to repair a crashed and rusted 1980 Datsun 100A (my first car, I was quite short of cash those days but needed the noble Datsun to take my girlfriend out ). I have been introduced to Miller equipment when purchasing a used Thunderbolt 225 AC for which I made a rectifier bridge which works fairly well. Then added a Maxtar 150s and then a CST 280 to my collection. What a difference! Mostly I use stick which is the process I learnt first, but now I am trying to learn to Tig weld with the CST 280.

I have many questions regarding TIG which I expect to clear with your help in the future, just wanted to say hi to all.

Thank´s!

Regards:

Jerónimo Bethencourt.
              Hello and welcome to the site, hope you enjoy it as much as we do. and for your skills I would got to the resource link at improveing your skills it should be a help or just keep posting and the guys will help as well.
              Last edited by safetydave; 07-20-2008, 11:14 PM. Reason: Ican't remember why?
              Syncrowave 250/Coolmate-3-(home)
              RMS-14 (kisser button)-(home)
              Craftmans/S-K tools-(home)
              Grizzly 16" vert band saw-(home)
              DeWalt chop saw-(home)
              Craftsman 4"-7" hand grinders
              Lincoln 225 arc welder
              Lots of vise clamps(not enough)
              assortment bar clamps

Comment

Welcome

Hope you find any information you need, usually somebody has it. I keep looking through the old posts and usually my question is answered before I even ask it.
                sigpic

Miller 140 w A/S
                HF 90 Amp Flux Core
                Dewalt Chop Saw
                Smith O/A Torch
                Ryobi, HF grinders

Harley Electra Glide Classic

Comment

Working...
                X