Amperage control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amperage control

Has anyone used a foot pedal to control the amperage while stick welding. Im just curious if it can be done, and no its not for a set aside government job.
    If you want peace, be prepared for war!

I'm sure it could be done but I don't know why you would want to.
    Jeff

Comment

I think that a remote amperage control with a "pistol" grip would be the ultimate for stick.
      Dynasty 350DX
      Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
      MM 350P
      MM Passport Plus
      Spectrum 375 Extreme
      08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

My remote looks just like the one on the panel, just in a box with a very long cord. Plug it in the remote receptacle, flip the remote switch. Foot pedal would be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by J hall View Post
          I'm sure it could be done but I don't know why you would want to.

yea,but jeff u aint gonna use your engine drive in your garage either.

Comment

Originally posted by KB Fabrications View Post
            I think that a remote amperage control with a "pistol" grip would be the ultimate for stick.
            you mean this bad boy:
            Attached Files
            Last edited by PUMPKINHEAD; 07-13-2008, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PUMPKINHEAD View Post
              you mean this bad boy:
              YES!!!

Now that's what Im talking about!!!
              Dynasty 350DX
              Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
              MM 350P
              MM Passport Plus
              Spectrum 375 Extreme
              08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

you mean this bad boy:
                THAT is BAD AZZ!!!
                Warning to young ladies:
                If you wear loose clothes, beware of the machinery. If you wear tight clothes, beware of the machinist.

Comment

Can ya get an extension for dat?
                  Nick
                  Miller 252 Mig
                  Miller Cricket XL
                  Millermatic 150 Mig
                  Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                  2-O/A outfits
                  Jet Lathe and Mill
                  Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                  DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                  Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                  20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                  Propane Forge
                  60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
                  Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
                  and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

you mean this bad boy:
                    Dude, I must have. Where can I get that SWEET SET UP..
                    I am sure it would help me in my line up positioning..
                    Dead on every time...
                    As for the pedal I will stick with my DIAL UP!

Comment

I have 3 portables and dont even own a remote.

Comment

, You guys are funny. This is nothing I plan on doing jobs with, but I was thinking and was wondering if it could even be done. I think it would kind of interesting running a foot pedal doing a 6010 root in the 5G position and using the foot pedal to assist in keeping the key hole consistent without having to stop and let her cool down. It was just a thought thats all.

By the way, those of you guys that have something against me, because you think Im such a bad guy, well Im done with the high school bull#%$ arguments. Im hoping all of us can act like men, and put my deed that Im going to **** for aside. Arguing doesnt make you guys look professional, and it also fills the forum with nonsense instead of useful info. Im calling a truce, so the ***** in your court guys. All of members I put on my ignore list, are now off, so speak your mind.

Comment

[QUOTE=usmcruz;153826By the way, those of you guys that have something against me, because you think Im such a bad guy, well Im done with the high school bull#%$ arguments. Im hoping all of us can act like men, and put my deed that Im going to **** for aside. Arguing doesnt make you guys look professional, and it also fills the forum with nonsense instead of useful info. Im calling a truce, so the ***** in your court guys. All of members I put on my ignore list, are now off, so speak your mind.[/QUOTE]

Everone was being nice, and then here you go again. Geez
                          Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by usmcruz View Post
                            You guys are funny. This is nothing I plan on doing jobs with, but I was thinking and was wondering if it could even be done. I think it would kind of interesting running a foot pedal doing a 6010 root in the 5G position and using the foot pedal to assist in keeping the key hole consistent without having to stop and let her cool down. It was just a thought thats all.

By the way, those of you guys that have something against me, because you think Im such a bad guy, well Im done with the high school bull#%$ arguments. Im hoping all of us can act like men, and put my deed that Im going to **** for aside. Arguing doesnt make you guys look professional, and it also fills the forum with nonsense instead of useful info. Im calling a truce, so the ***** in your court guys. All of members I put on my ignore list, are now off, so speak your mind.
                            I'm going to try and be nice here........for a change. You asked a question that could have been easily answered by doing a search with the word "stick welding amperage control" or something similar. You chose not to do that but rather ask a question that to most seasoned welders is pretty rediculous. Stick welding has well defined and long standing parameters that if followed, along with a little bit of coupon practice, produce proven results and negate any need whatsoever for amperage control with SMAW, no matter what you are welding. Now, you couple that with the track record you have developed here (as well as a couple of the other forums) and it's no wonder you get the kind of responses you have thus far (I really am still trying to be nice here).

If you want to be taken seriously I would suggest you start doing some practicing with whatever process you are using and then address any problems as they arise. There is no way in **** you can learn to weld/fabricate over the internet and with the direction you are headed, there is very little chance of any of the "professionals" here, or on the "other" sites, helping you. Once again, I am trying to be nice.
                            Dynasty 350DX
                            Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
                            MM 350P
                            MM Passport Plus
                            Spectrum 375 Extreme
                            08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

Originally posted by KB Fabrications View Post
                              I'm going to try and be nice here........for a change. You asked a question that could have been easily answered by doing a search with the word "stick welding amperage control" or something similar. You chose not to do that but rather ask a question that to most seasoned welders is pretty rediculous. Stick welding has well defined and long standing parameters that if followed, along with a little bit of coupon practice, produce proven results and negate any need whatsoever for amperage control with SMAW, no matter what you are welding. Now, you couple that with the track record you have developed here (as well as a couple of the other forums) and it's no wonder you get the kind of responses you have thus far (I really am still trying to be nice here).

If you want to be taken seriously I would suggest you start doing some practicing with whatever process you are using and then address any problems as they arise. There is no way in **** you can learn to weld/fabricate over the internet and with the direction you are headed, there is very little chance of any of the "professionals" here, or on the "other" sites, helping you. Once again, I am trying to be nice.

Thats being nice huh. I have no track record here, just one incident where we all didnt see eye to eye. Thats life. All Im saying is speak to me as if I was right in front of you, but this is not the case with allot of you. In this thread, Im not looking to learn welding over the internet, thats what 7 months of school taught me. I was just asking a simple straight foward question with no real purpose other than just to know. I consider myself an excellent welder, but like everyone still learning. Respect is all Im asking and not some smart response like you posted above, because this is the reason this kinda crap never ends. I can easily keep this circus going, but Id rather learn instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X