Is this blasphemy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this blasphemy?

Probably is to ask a question about a Lincoln product on this site, sorry if I ruffle any feathers! If it helps I own blue too!

I’ am shopping for a remote for an SA-200. Have a few e-mails out for more information on different ones offered. Seems as a few sites compare theirs to Lincoln’s, (see attachment). Been all over Lincoln’s site but can’t seem to find any information on it. Does anyone have a link to a Lincoln remote?
    Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Thunderbolt
    Spud wrench
    Bull prick
    BFH
    As FogHorn LegHorn says:
    “That’s a joke son!”

I have a copy of the Lincoln Electric 2008 Product Catalog.

Page 150 under Recommended General Options for Stick:

K924-5 for Pipeliner 200D, Classic 300D (Code 10911 and up)

Contains remote control rheostat, and 100 ft cable.

K2464-1 for Pipeliner 200D, Classic 300D (Code10911 and up)

Contains rheostat for stick output, potentiometer for wire output, and 100 ft control cable.

If you wish to go another route, consider giving Weld Alert a call in Edmonton, Alberta. I have one of their detachable head, 3-turn remotes with quad receptacles for my Ranger 250, and am impressed and pleased with the product. Weld Alert can build remotes for any make so I am sure that they have something for you.

http://webpages.411.ca/weldalert/

Hope that helps.
    Later,
    Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Comment

Thank you for the info Black Wolf!
      I’ll have to get one of those Lincoln Product Catalogs. My LWS just may have one.
      I’ll be taking the SA 200 into the repair shop next week hopefully, (when I pick up my Mig machine), to have some other work done. I talked to the head tech there Friday, I asked him about wiring a remote in for me on the SA 200. He replied they could build me one! That maybe painful! As usual they have to see the machine first.
      Do you have any idea what a remote cost from Weld Alert?
      Thanks again!
      Thunderbolt
      Spud wrench
      Bull prick
      BFH
      As FogHorn LegHorn says:
      “That’s a joke son!”

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Head View Post
        Probably is to ask a question about a Lincoln product on this site, sorry if I ruffle any feathers! If it helps I own blue too!

I’ am shopping for a remote for an SA-200. Have a few e-mails out for more information on different ones offered. Seems as a few sites compare theirs to Lincoln’s, (see attachment). Been all over Lincoln’s site but can’t seem to find any information on it. Does anyone have a link to a Lincoln remote?
        Thanks!
        Go to aws.com and get on the forum. There is a for sale category and a wanted category.

Sorry, my mistake. The correct address is aws.org.

Griff

Griff
        Last edited by griff01; 06-29-2008, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks!
          I have an e-mail into Bill’s welder repair.
          I have not called John yet.
          Thunderbolt
          Spud wrench
          Bull prick
          BFH
          As FogHorn LegHorn says:
          “That’s a joke son!”

Comment

I recently installed one on a machine I sold, they guy got it from someone on AWS site, I think Cruizer on here has them? I was considering making one for my SA too.

Comment

You are correct Cary, Cruizer can be found at Weld Alert.

I know what I spent on my remote for my Ranger 250, but I cannot quote you a price for your remote as it may have different parts & pieces, or options. Just PM Cruizer, or call him at Weld Alert for an accurate price.

I have both the Lincoln 857-1 remote, and the Quad receptacle, detachable head unit from Weld Alert. I did a comparison on here a while ago between the two:

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...d+Alert+remote
              Later,
              Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Comment

SA200 Remote

Here is information on the added SA200 remote. weldersales
                http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=20440

Comment

Try www.tidweld.com we have been using his reels and remotes for a few years.

Comment

The Lincoln remote doesn't have 110 outlets, plus they are really big.

The standard of the industry is the Cable Control Kit. They are compact,innexpensive, bulletproof and have two 110v outlets. Thev'e been around many years.

Mrs. Cable is a nice lady as well.

JTMcC.
                    Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Comment

You are the second person to mention “cable”. Gerald from tidweld e-mailed me said he only builds them if you buy a set of reels from him, he also mentioned “cable”. I was lost with just the word “cable”. Now that you’ve explained it more. Do you or anybody else have a link / phone number to Mrs. Cable?
                      Thunderbolt
                      Spud wrench
                      Bull prick
                      BFH
                      As FogHorn LegHorn says:
                      “That’s a joke son!”

Comment

I think I got a number for the “Cable Control”, (Mrs. Cable). Made the mistake of googleing the words cable controls!
                        Did a search on the AWS forum, a guy there posted Mrs. Cables phone number 318 281-1833 in Bastrop LA. I guess this would be one in the same? He is not impressed with the remote, like others things everybody has an opinion!

Do you have any pictures of a Cable Control remote?
                        Thunderbolt
                        Spud wrench
                        Bull prick
                        BFH
                        As FogHorn LegHorn says:
                        “That’s a joke son!”

Comment

That's the one.

I don't know what there is to not like, it's simply a sturdy box with a rheostat and 110 outlets a handle and a pigtail.
                          You can make your own if you have more time than money.

JTMcC.

Comment

Originally posted by JTMcC View Post
                            That's the one.

I don't know what there is to not like, it's simply a sturdy box with a rheostat and 110 outlets a handle and a pigtail.
                            You can make your own if you have more time than money.

JTMcC.
                            He did not specify, just said he was not impressed.
                            You know how some people are, give them two 5 $ bills, and they’d want a 10 $ bill!

“You can make your own if you have more time than money”.
                            cruiser e-mailed me instructions on how to accomplish this.

Don’t suppose you have any pictures of Mrs. Cable’s handy work?
                            Thunderbolt
                            Spud wrench
                            Bull prick
                            BFH
                            As FogHorn LegHorn says:
                            “That’s a joke son!”

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Head View Post

Don’t suppose you have any pictures of Mrs. Cable’s handy work?

Dude that's a lot to ask of a poor welder who's been out for over 4 months, and just came home for a Independance Day 3 day weekend.
                              I intend (hope) to not hit a single lick for the entire three days, so sorry, no pictures
                              But if you go to the American Welding Supply website, they have a picture of one.
                              The boxes are very sturdy, and I can assure you they will survive being run over by a welding rig, twice.
                              The boxes come with a pigtail and you can use any old extension cord or make your own if you want over 100'.
                              They come with a toggle switch and the wiring harness to hook into the machine.
                              They are all you see in pipeline construction as it's a rock solid reliable thing that the welder doesn't have to worry about.

Happy 4th, fly the flag and have a day!

JTMcC.

Comment

Working...
                              X