Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need those of you with experience to help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by usmcruz View Post
    Wow, your post is about as useful as a pet rock, and I dont believe "worminess" is a word in the english dictionary, but Sounds like something you get when you eat bad pork. Plus its called the internet, not interweb .

It seems like your taking what I did to get the job done personal. Dont take what I did personal, its just buisness as you say!

The "english dictionary" (?) isn't a staple on the jobsites I frequent, and many, many words and semi-words are used regularly that are not found in any dictionary.

If you haven't heard the slang term "interweb" then I'll help you out a bit so you don't continue to make yourself look, well, like an interweb newbie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interweb

I don't take anything on the interweb personal, I don't even take much in person personal. But your actions define you. You're just a wormy guy. Anyone having this much drama just trying to quote a very, very simple little job like you describe.....is not going to have a smooth ride thru the Land of Self Employment.

Your time would be better spent at the local library reading some basic business information that will explain to you the difference between an invoice and a proposal. And by the way, a one or two day job isn't really considered a "big" job when you have to make your living in the welding field.

JTMcC, world renowned incredible interweb expert
    Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Comment

USMCRUZ =

Dynasty 350DX
      Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
      MM 350P
      MM Passport Plus
      Spectrum 375 Extreme
      08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

ha ha ha ha ha ha, KB Fab thats the funniest thing I've seen here in a while.

USMCRUZ,
        Honestly if you called me and I worked up a bid, wasted my time, i'd be p#$sed, and I think so would you. I've had people get me to write an estimate for wrecked trailers before and what do you know, all they needed it for was the insurance company, sucks..wasted time, so $50.00 charge now for any bid involving an insurance co. Applied to the work if I get the job, So....for $50 I'll give you a bid on anything....LOL
        Scott
        HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Comment

Originally posted by JTMcC View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interweb

JTMcC, world renowned incredible interweb expert

Drama is what I got from the premadonnas like yourself and others on this thread. From what Im getting from you, is that you sound like a Stidiot. Sorry thats slang for well, um youll figure it out interweb geek.
          If you want peace, be prepared for war!

Comment

Warning to young ladies:
            If you wear loose clothes, beware of the machinery. If you wear tight clothes, beware of the machinist.

Comment

You guys act more like woman than men, but your funny I will give you that! This is my last post, have fun with it, as this is not good forum policy to argue in the forums. Even though some of you that have dogpiled on top of me, I have read through past posts of yours and it seems like you guys have allot of information and personal experience knowledge to hand out. So I look foward to some of this in the near future. I hope we can put this thread behind us and start acting like men in a proffesional manner in the future, because we all know if we were face to face this is not how we would act towards each other. You guys have allot to offer, and I have allot to learn, so lets keep the peanuts gang chatter to a minimum. A good ribbing every once in a while is acceptable though. Take care and god bless.
              Last edited by usmcruz; 05-24-2008, 07:25 AM.
              If you want peace, be prepared for war!

Comment

This is my last post.

now there is a **** good idea,as u have for sure went out of your league.

Comment

Drama is what I got from the premadonnas like yourself and others on this thread. From what Im getting from you, is that you sound like a Stidiot. Sorry thats slang for well, um youll figure it out interweb geek.

A few post's back you were schooling me on the correct internet terminology, now you're calling me a geek. You need to get a realistic grip.

What did you really expect when you post about "posing as a customer" to get 15 legitimate business' to quote your piddly little job for you?

The market is going to treat you harshly grasshopper. Feed for others will you be. Chewed and spit out quickly I predict.
                  The force is weak in this one.

The best advise i can give you is to go get an entry level welding job for a man/woman who knows how to quote his/her work. And pay attention and time everything you do.

Fortunes are made and lost quoting work and if you think other people are going to do your heavy lifting in the quote game you are a very naive individual with no business in the free market system.

Quoting work is a cut throat, competitive gig. Nobody is going to do your homework for you, or wipe your nose in the welding business.

JTMcC.
                  Last edited by JTMcC; 05-24-2008, 05:58 PM.
                  Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Comment

And I will add a few comments here of my own.
                    I have been welding myself since I was very young and it is still a challenge to bid jobs. I don't get the types of jobs or the amount of money that JT does and prolly never will.
                    Most of my work is repair and my goal is to get the most I can get away with and still be worth repairing whatever it is compared to replacing it. You have to know your customer and be able to judge what he will pay. I done a couple or three jobs so far this year that I just threw out a high figure not expecting anyone to jump on and they said "go for it!!"
                    I love it when that happens. My advice is once you get going always add more for "extras"... then you can do work that causes people to call you back for the quality they expect when they call you. And then you can work for time and material. I have some jobs I do that I don't make as much on but they keep coming to me steady so I do them anyways because I enjoy them.
                    I also have learned that having the reputation of being the highest priced welder in your area certainly has its perks. People like to brag on who they have do things and how much they paid. It's pretty nice when you can knock down a grand in a day compared to sometimes a week
                    I might only work a day or two some weeks but but we eat good at my house all year round that way

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                    Miller WC-115-A
                    Miller Spectrum 300
                    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Not cool to waste a Job Shop or ironworkers time!

RFQ's are something I am very familiar with as all Business Owners should be. The people that don't know how to bid welding contract jobs should not be in business, they should be working for people who do; simple logic. Being a vendor for the US Navy for over 20 years, never have I heard of a job being set-aside; the claim has to be a hoax and yet another ploy to waste peoples time. When an RFQ is released, bids are prepared. The job is awarded, not set aside for some knucklehead to figure out if he has the right weld gear or not.

Don't play the game if you can't.
                      5 welding Rigs
                      14 various shop weld machines
                      150x80 shop full of metal working tools

Comment

All I gotta do is weld 80 pieces of flat bar that are 2" by 5" in width and length. Thats it, my job is just welding that flat bar onto the security cages. I have to weld all four sides of the flat bar which is 3/8" thick.
                        I'm totally amazed you even considered Tig

Comment

You guys act more like woman than men, but your funny I will give you that! This is my last post....... I hope we can put this thread behind us and start acting like men in a proffesional manner in the future....... so lets keep the peanuts gang chatter to a minimum.

Bwaaa haaaa haaaa haaaa!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X