Helmets and Plasma Cutters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmets and Plasma Cutters

Has anyone used the Miller Performance or Elite Series helmets? I'm just looking for what real people think about the line. Also, I'm looking at the Spectrum 375 Xtreme Plasma Cutter. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

lindsayb,
    Welcome on.

If you are intending to use the electronic hood for the plasma cutting, the Digital Elite has a cutting mode that drops the lens shade way down so you can see what you are cutting.

Andy

Comment

Lindsayb,
      I have a Digital Elite series hood and I am very happy with it. It has four modes Welding Light Sensing, Welding Magnetic Sensing, Cutting, and Grinding. For the first three modes you can adjust sensativity for auto darken and the shade of helment when it darkens. I use mine for everything from grinding protection to welding. I rarely use my saftey glasses anymore as it is easier to just keep the helmet on for everything

I also have the 375 Extreme plasma cutter. It is a great machine for it's size, it cuts a little beyond it's rated output as advertised by miller. It really shines on 1/4 inch and less. It is also the best plasma cutter IMO for doing detailed artwork. The size of the torch and the narrow cutting path make this machine one of the best for doing metal art.
      Millermatic 350P
      Dynasty 350DX
      Trailblazer 302
      Spectrum 2050
      Spectrum 375 Extreme

Comment

I have a performance series hood and I love it. Used it all through school at Wyotech with MIG, TIG, Plasma & Oxy Torch cutting and it worked great.

Comment

Miller Big Windo Elite.

i have the Miller BWE, about 6 or 7 years now and just love it. mine dose not have the grind mode so i use it turned off for plasma cutting. never regretted getting it and would never want to be without it.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

Working...
          X