No announcement yet.

Auto dark helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have to second everything Coalsmoke said. The digital elite is fantastic. I have no complaints. I had the XLIX before this one and the DElite is Way better, even in clarity. It's money well spent, especially if you take care of your equipment.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

Comment

Does anyone know of an auto-dark helmet that has build-on ear muffs?
      Miller Maxstar 200 DX
      RMLS-14 Momentary Hand Control
      Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
      Porter Cable 14" dry metal saw
      Hitachi 4.5" grinder
      http://mhayesdesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by tasslehawf View Post
        I got the Miller Elite for the big window after my cheepo-no-brand one went bad. I have to say, I'm not sure the bigger window is all that useful since when you're welding you're usually looking at this tiny area, but maybe that's just me.

I like the idea of the Optrel with the grinder mode for about the same price as the Elite. I think grinder mode would be much more useful than the bigger window. Although if you work in bright sunlight like I do these day's, the new digital elite would be useful for it's electromagnetic switch (not useful if there are others welding nearby).
        You are not in bi-focals yet, are you???

Griff

Comment

I have the ArcOne Vision Xtreme and it's great. It has everything you are looking for, it's cheaper than the Digital Elite, and has a larger window. Works perfectly all the time. Also, it has a 3 year warranty. Here is a link: http://store.weldersource.com/x540v0564.html

Comment

Jackson Nexgen is the choice for me/us. I like the clearness better than the green arc.
            Mike
            MD Welding & Fabricating L.L.C.
            [email protected]

Comment

My Elite is too old so no grinding mode I guess. I wonder if the jackson hardware would fit into the miller elite mask...
              Miller Maxstar 200 DX
              Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
              Hitachi 4.5" grinder

Comment

I woild think so. It fit into the big window Huntsman.
                Mike
                [email protected]

Comment

Wait maby not. I don't think it fits cause the eliete is bowed in front and that's what killer the optics for me. Didn't like looking through a bubble.
                  Mike
                  [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by MD Welding View Post
                    Wait maby not. I don't think it fits cause the eliete is bowed in front and that's what killer the optics for me. Didn't like looking through a bubble.
                    I was looking at mine. The actual electronics are totally contained in a 4.5 x 5.125 x .375 box that fits into a frame and it held into the mask. The bow is part of the mask only.
                    Miller Maxstar 200 DX
                    Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
                    Hitachi 4.5" grinder

Comment

I've had, and still use, more than a few different helmets. For me, the Miller stuff is so much better I can't possibly imagine using anything else. Couple things I find important.
                      -Fit and headgear: The Miller Elite style outer shell fits very well (and they look good too. ) and the head gear is absolutely amazing. They are very adjustable, you can adjust every aspect of how it sits on your head.
                      -Clarity: The lenses in the Elite series are more clear than many traditional glass lenses, unless you start looking at the $10 gold plate ones, which they are even with.
                      -Functionality: Everything works really well. The optical sensors almost never miss a beat, the only time I've ever been flashed is welding the inside of a small hydraulic tank looking through the top opening and with my arm in the way. The seal around the filter lense is the best I have seen as well. Although it can be a bit of a pain the rubber gasket does wonders to keep the filter lense clean and safe.

Most importantly it's a Miller, so it comes with great service. My old Elite died the other day at work, but upon looking up the old reciept I found it was six days past warranty. But wouldn't you know it, Miller stepped up and sent me a new autolense.

Just my opinion.
                      Last edited by shorerider16; 04-01-2008, 10:27 PM. Reason: Spelling
                      Owner of Burnt Beard Fabrication & Welding Ltd.

BigBlue 500D
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 211
                      4' Box and Pan Break
                      IR compressor

Comment

the arc one looks interesting, not nearly as cool as my delite stars and stripes though.

Wonder what they cheap out on, for a lens that big the quality can't be as good as the miller and speedglass
                        Dynasty 200 DX
                        Millermatic 175
                        Spectrum 375

Comment

I'll second Miller helmet's post on the performance series. I had mine on my head all day every day until I switched to sub arc. No complaints whatsoever.

Comment

do you have the digital one or the older style one?
                            I'm not late...
                            I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Originally posted by Laiky View Post
                              the arc one looks interesting, not nearly as cool as my delite stars and stripes though.

Wonder what they cheap out on, for a lens that big the quality can't be as good as the miller and speedglass
                              I was thinking the same thing. Looks like a lot for the money but it seems that there is allways a catch. I need to see/use some side by side. Allmost any other than the $50 HF ones wil be better than the one have now. Good seals were mentioned and that is very true. On mine grinder dust has gotten inside and scuffed up the non replacable parts over time. Like looking through 2 feet of pond water.

Thanks again for the leads.
                              Weekend wannab racer with some welders.

Comment

I noticed a difference in clarity from my xlix to my new d elite ( the xlix was lightly used and had new cover plates. My buddy has a speed glass 9002 and an otrel satellite. the DElite and speed glass are on par for clarity the xlix and optrel are slightly worse. I would take the DElite over all for clarity, size, ajustmnet range and features, and head gear, also looks.
                                Dynasty 200 DX
                                Millermatic 175
                                Spectrum 375

Comment

Working...
                                X