Clear All

• Blue Collar Moto
    replied
    Youll like it at Great Lakes.

Leave a comment:

• bryce_burden
    replied
    Originally posted by triggerman View Post
    I'm glad you landed a steady check. A reporter once scowled at Babe Ruth that money won't buy happiness (The Babe dragged down big bucks for his day). His reply was agreement that money didn't buy happiness, but it did settle his nerves a might.

Where are you shipping out to?
    Shipping to Great Lakes IL for Recruit Training with the U.S. Navy to become a Hull Maintainence Technician.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Collar Moto
    replied
    Congrats! Hope it works out for you. Best of luck in the sand box as well.

Leave a comment:

• triggerman
    replied
    Congrats, dude!

I'm glad you landed a steady check. A reporter once scowled at Babe Ruth that money won't buy happiness (The Babe dragged down big bucks for his day). His reply was agreement that money didn't buy happiness, but it did settle his nerves a might.

Where are you shipping out to?

Leave a comment:

• bryce_burden
    started a topic Just started my new job

Just started my new job

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't had the chance to get on for a while. Things over at CB Fabrications have kinda slowed down, which means that so has my income. I began looking around for a job that I could land a steady paycheck at. Well I found it and started last Thursday. I am welding for a company based here in Shattuck called J&L Oilfield Services. I basically fabricate parts for their trucks and do repair work on them when something breaks. I'm planning on working for J&L up until I ship out on July 11th. I still am working at CB on the side, but this is a much more steady paying job with more opportunities for advancement. I also must say that I now use a MIG more than a stick. At work, I have access to 2 MM251s and 2 MM252s. That 252 is one nice machine, ran it all day long Saturday with no problems.
Working...
X