Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty DX 350 and 1 Phase Question?

Hello everyone,
    Does the Dynasty DX 350 capable of putting out 350 amps on single phase? I have been reading some of the stuff on line and it looks like it has a ceiling of 250 amps on Millers duty cycle chart. I know the duty cycle is less for single phase, but shouldn't the machine go all the way to 350 amps on single phase even if the duty cycle is only 20% or whatever.

Thanks in Advance,
    Marc

For those who are interested I'm selling a Dynasty 300 DX that has very low Arc hours for $2700.00. Interested parties would have to come to Arizona to see the machine work as I do not sell anything with out letting the buyer ensure that it works. This is the Tig Runner complete package with torch and coolmate.
    Millermatic 350P
    Dynasty 350DX
    Trailblazer 302
    Spectrum 2050
    Spectrum 375 Extreme

Full output on single phase it just requires a bit more amps.
    Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
    Millermatic 252 on the wish list
    Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
    South bend lathe 10LX40
    K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
    Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
    A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
    Auto shades are for rookies
    www.KLStottlemyer.com

Comment

I had the same question ...

Dumb Dynasty 350 question ...

Comment

Thanks all. Arvidj I read your post and you did ask the same thing. I was having problems with the exact same pages in the Miller Manual.
        Millermatic 350P
        Dynasty 350DX
        Trailblazer 302
        Spectrum 2050
        Spectrum 375 Extreme

Comment

Originally posted by Cram View Post
          Hello everyone,
          Does the Dynasty DX 350 capable of putting out 350 amps on single phase? I have been reading some of the stuff on line and it looks like it has a ceiling of 250 amps on Millers duty cycle chart. I know the duty cycle is less for single phase, but shouldn't the machine go all the way to 350 amps on single phase even if the duty cycle is only 20% or whatever.

Thanks in Advance,
          Marc

For those who are interested I'm selling a Dynasty 300 DX that has very low Arc hours for $2700.00. Interested parties would have to come to Arizona to see the machine work as I do not sell anything with out letting the buyer ensure that it works. This is the Tig Runner complete package with torch and coolmate.
          Available input voltage is the determining factor, not single or three phase.
          Wattage used is a factor of volts x amps. Nowhere in the formula is the phase required.

Hope this helps
          Griff

Comment

Originally posted by griff01 View Post
            Wattage used is a factor of volts x amps. Nowhere in the formula is the phase required.

Hope this helps
            Griff
            Are you sure it is a simple as that?

We both agree that watt = amp x volt.

But lets take it a step further and see where limits on the design of the input circuit might affect the power available at the output.

The power comes in and goes to the controller card. The controller card has three inputs to accomodate three phase input, but it will also handle single phase input as well on just using two of the inputs. I think it is reasonable to assume the controller card is designed to handle a certain amount of power flowing thru any one of the input circuits. So it would then seem reasonable that if you were able to use all three input circuits the total amount of power available at the output has the potential of being greater than if only two of the input circuits were used.

It should be noted that the Dynasty 700 has similar specifications derating for single phase.

Add this to the fact that three phase would be much more efficient in this application than single phase - 120 degree cycle spacing that looks much more like DC going into the controller than 180 cycle spacing of single phase - read that as allowing smaller input circuits, cheaper controller cards, etc.,. and I end up with the following speculation:

The primary design criteria for these welders was an "industrial three phase" environment and circuits, components, price points, etc. and were developed for that environment. They also knew all along that it would work on single phase and the only item on the table was "how well" - actually no speculation at all as it could easily be calculated - which seems to be well documented - possibly for warranty work, etc.

Anyway, just my speculation.

And as with anything else. there seems to be a reasonable amount of anacdotial evidence that the welder will operate beyond the specifications, but that is a decision each individual owner will need to address.

Comment

Originally posted by griff01 View Post

Hope this helps
              Griff
              uuuuhhhhhh no, the 350 is a sophisticated Auto-Line machine and input voltage is irrelavant (within limits). or are you under the impression that when connected to a 480v line it's now a 700A machine?

Comment

Originally posted by Cram View Post
                Hello everyone,

Thanks in Advance,
                Marc

I am interested in your Dynasty 300 DX. You can PM me or send an email to [email protected].

Thanks,

Steve
                Miller 350p
                Miller Dynasty 200dx
                Miller Dynasty 300dx

Comment

Why is it that no one from Miller has posed here?
                  Ed Conley
                  http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                  MM252
                  MM211
                  Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                  TA185
                  Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                  O/A set
                  SO 2020 Bender
                  You can call me Bacchus

Comment

In the Spec sheet there is a column that states Available Output Amperage
                    3-350 for either 1-Phase or 3-phase.

It seems to be only de-rated on Duty Cycle.
                    Ed Conley
                    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                    MM252
                    MM211
                    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                    TA185
                    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                    O/A set
                    SO 2020 Bender
                    You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Working...