dynasty 350 or 200dx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dynasty 350 or 200dx

Can any owners of the Dynasty series machines give me some input on the units. I'm looking at buying one or the other. Money is not a problem so the extra cost of the 350 is not an issue but I'm concerned that I might be able to get by with the 200dx, not to mention the dx is more much portable. I do understand the duty cycles and what not, I'm concerned that the dx will give in much sooner than the 350 due to size, duty cycle, etc.

I would be welding all sorts of material but mainly foccus on alum, fuel tanks, hot rod parts submersible robotics, etc and I'm concerned that the dx would not be up to the job.

I would very much like to get feed back from actual Dynasty 350 and Dynasty 200DX owners.

Thanks guys

The 350 just flat welds way better. Much smoother!!! Reminds me of a 300 TSW with more adjustments

Comment

I've only used my 200dx so far to stick 3/8" steel (very nice!), and tig aluminum 1/4".
      Torch got real hot on the 1/4" so I just got a coolmate for it. Will try it tomorrow. I heard somewhere they said you could tig 3/8" aluminum if your freq and balance is adjusted properly, but I have yet to try it. Largest I'll probably do is 1/4" tig aluminum. I would think if you have the money, buy the 350dx for the shop. If you need portability, buy the 200dx for use in the field/110v.
      Have fun shopping
      I'm not late...
      I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Your correct in that the 200 DX probably wont have the nuts your looking for, and you'll be spending the money again. The 350 is an awesome unit, but quite pricey.

I own a TA 300 TSW,... and it is an OUTSTANDING machine. IMO, the best machine to fill the gap left by the dynasty 300. I know of a few others that would say it is more machine that the 300 was,... not taking anything from the Dyn300,... it was an outstanding machine also.

Good luck with your decision,.... and try to spend your 3 to 7 thousand dollars wisely.

http://www.brweldingsupplies.com/bra...t_id=773&ID=13
        Warning to young ladies:
        If you wear loose clothes, beware of the machinery. If you wear tight clothes, beware of the machinist.

Comment

Journeyman,

Old saying in the welding arena, "you can't use amps you didn't buy".

I would suspect that nine out of ten, Dynasty 200 owners would tell you that they would have bought the 350, if dollars were not a major consideration.

There's more to the Dynasty 350 than just a difference of 150A. Much more adjustability and basically just a much better welding machine.

The more you tig, the more you will find yourself wanting a little more capability in your welding machine. While the 200DX is a great welder, and most owners are very happy with their machines, it's just not the machine for me. You see, I've been welding with a Syncrowave 250 for abolut 12 years. There are a lot of things I do now, which I couldn't do with a Dynasty 200. I was close to pulling the trigger on a new Dynasty 300 when Miller discontinued that model. The 350 is priced a little more than I'm willing to part with at the present time. If money wasn't a factor, there'd be a new 350 in the shop and I'd be burning a lot of rod figuring out all the features at my disposal.

Once you make the initial commitment, no one ever regrets going with a better tool. As an example (I also do woodwork) over the last three years I have bought seven (7) Lie-Neilson planes, which cost about there times as much as their Stanley counterpart. Not once in that time have I ever said to myself, "gee, you could have gotten the same level of performance for 1/3 the price".

That's just my opinion. Everyone has one.
          Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200 DX
          Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
          Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
          Hobart HH187
          Dialarc 250 AC/DC
          Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
          Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
          PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
          Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
          Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
          More grinders than hands

Comment

dynasty 350 or 200dx

Thanks very much for all you input guys, I really appreciate it

Comment

Oh YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of COURSE I wouldv'e bought the 350 if I had the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOPEFULLY, I'll make money with the 200dx, so I can BUY the 350. Hmm...then there's a matter of space for the 350......
              I've taken my 200dx outside twice, so I LOVE the portability of it....
              I'm not late...

Comment

For what the 350 Dynasty costs you can buy a 200 DX and a 350P

Not sure the TA 300 wouldn't be a bunch more bang for your buck either.

But money isn't an issue.... so I say... get the 200 DX AND the 350 Dynasty and send the one you don't want to charity and then use that as a write-off

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                Miller WC-115-A
                Miller Spectrum 300
                Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

send to: bertthecharitycase.com
                  I'm not late...

Comment

I knew I left that wide open

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                    Miller WC-115-A
                    Miller Spectrum 300
                    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Working...
                    X