Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPAM!!! Let's find this MelMcDoogle and beat the S out of him....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bert
    replied
    Originally posted by tacmig View Post
    Honesty can move mountains, mine is in the backyard. "Does this dress make me look fat", No you make the dress look big. Move over rover.

Good night,

TacMig
    YOU'RE KILLING ME!!!!

Leave a comment:

• tacmig
    replied
    errrrr.

Originally posted by KB Fabrications View Post
    Uhmmmm, you might want to watch out while climbing your ladder of inference. The women I know would rather have me be honest about my intentions.
    Honesty can move mountains, mine is in the backyard. "Does this dress make me look fat", No you make the dress look big. Move over rover.

Good night,

TacMig

Leave a comment:

• KB Fabrications
    replied
    Originally posted by tacmig View Post
    That's pretty good, I hope you're dog doesn't mind a little company tonight?

TacMig
    Uhmmmm, you might want to watch out while climbing your ladder of inference. The women I know would rather have me be honest about my intentions.

Leave a comment:

• tacmig
    replied
    Oh man.....

Originally posted by KB Fabrications View Post
    Hey, I am from there myself. I used to live at this intersection.
    That's pretty good, I hope you're dog doesn't mind a little company tonight?

TacMig

Leave a comment:

• KB Fabrications
    replied
    Originally posted by BBchevy396 View Post
    That may be true,...... I'm originally from here....... http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/austria.asp
    Hey, I am from there myself. I used to live at this intersection.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Admin, thanks for looking into it! I couldn't STAND another MelMcDoogie incident!!!

Leave a comment:

• Blue Collar Moto
    replied
    Originally posted by BBchevy396 View Post
    That may be true,...... I'm originally from here....... http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/austria.asp
    Ha! Now that "that" word is a proper noun will it be taken off the list of words that get replaced with *******?
    Last edited by Blue Collar Moto; 03-27-2008, 10:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BBchevy396
    replied
    Originally posted by PUMPKINHEAD
    I been looking at ALL the on-line maps, including Google Maps, and for the life of me i cannot find Nazi, Germany.

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied
    More info on questions

I was kidding about the blue welder question

Digging into this more, we'll have to have multiple questions, rotating in order for this to work any better than captcha, the box with the "warped' letters solution.

The questions would be fairly easy ones because of course we want to be sure anyone who wants to talk about welding can get in!

Right now I am admitting people as they sign up, but sometimes it is difficult to tell a spammer from a legitimate member. That, and the fact that when someone signs up, they usually want to comment NOW, and can't is another issue we'd like to solve. We don't want people giving up because it is too difficult.

To go the question route does present an investment, but if it will be effective, we feel it would pay for itself in the end. The other issue is that we upgrade our software twice a year and if something about the upgrade isn't compatible, we'd have to pay for repair...hmmmm...

Probably more than you need or want to know, but food for thought anyway...

Leave a comment:

• Blue Collar Moto
    replied
    I like the Blue one. But for it to work without loosing the majority of potential real welding entheusiasts you need more than one answer. Model names, #s, Blue, etc. Maby even asking a welding related question. Its not to keep away the average joe, just the people who dont care enough to think for 2 1/2 seconds. Seems to work great to keep the spam heads off. .o2

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Since I was screwing off on a cruise ship when all this happened, I missed the party.

Still, what's wrong with delaying the permission to post pending admin evaluation and approval of the applicant? The cyberspace gurus such as admin-types oughtta be able to do some pokin' and proddin' of the ether to get some kinda info, no?

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    You have ask " Where is it Made?"

Leave a comment:

• BBchevy396
    replied
    So, hypothetically, if the answer is anything other than the color blue, one wouldn't be able to register???

Why not go back to having to have a Miller serial number, to access the forum??? I thought this was Appleton, Wisconsin. Not Nazi, Germany!!!

Leave a comment:

• bryce_burden
    replied
    Originally posted by Admin View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of, "what is the color of your favorite welder?" Hee hee hee
    That's a good idea...I like that one!!

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied
    Question

I was thinking more along the lines of, "what is the color of your favorite welder?" Hee hee hee

Leave a comment:

Working...
X