Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPAM!!! Let's find this MelMcDoogle and beat the S out of him....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPAM!!! Let's find this MelMcDoogle and beat the S out of him....

But I'm sure the moderator will take care of him in his own way.............
    RoyB
    Dartmouth, MA

http://www.rvbprecision.com

Millermatic 185 MIG
    Miller Diversion 165
    Purox W200 O/A
    Grizzly 9957 Mill
    Grizzly 4030 Metal Band Saw
    Grizzly 1050 Knife Belt Sander
    Jet 1236 Metal Lathe
    TP Blast Cabinet

It's strange that the volunteer mods managed to delete posts from real members a while back, but apparently don't want to take a stand against Mr McD.
    Jeff

Comment

He pretty well has the forum held hostage at the moment.
      I do feel that this forum is grossly undermoderated.
      We merged so the 2 groups can be together but if you look at the numbers you now have many more people looking at the Motorsports forum and not posting and over half that do make new posts should have posted somewhere else. They have basically KILLED the old motorsports forum and it is only a handful of the old people and then they started a new one and it is a freeking joke because it is not moderated to the point of at least being somewhat on TOPIC!!!
      For heavens sake MILLER you solicited us for MONTHS about changing this format and now that you have you are simply letting it run wild!!!!!!
      1st you need to stop the old address from taking you directly to the new motorsports forum...that is a brain fart for sure. What happened to all that talk about redirecting???
      As for Mcdoogle....I would not be suprised to discover he was a disgruntled member. It is apparently personal
      I am considering moving out of here for awhile because of the poor management...it is one big pool of mush here and not much difference between the 3 sections.
      Thanks Miller...we told ya to leave it the heck alone

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
      Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
      MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
      Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
      Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
      Miller 30-A Spoolgun
      Miller WC-115-A
      Miller Spectrum 300
      Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
      Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

I'm sure that you have noticed that many people that used to frquent the old site no longer appear.
        And,Where's the Canadians?
        Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
          He pretty well has the forum held hostage at the moment.
          I do feel that this forum is grossly undermoderated.
          We merged so the 2 groups can be together but if you look at the numbers you now have many more people looking at the Motorsports forum and not posting and over half that do make new posts should have posted somewhere else. They have basically KILLED the old motorsports forum and it is only a handful of the old people and then they started a new one and it is a freeking joke because it is not moderated to the point of at least being somewhat on TOPIC!!!
          For heavens sake MILLER you solicited us for MONTHS about changing this format and now that you have you are simply letting it run wild!!!!!!
          1st you need to stop the old address from taking you directly to the new motorsports forum...that is a brain fart for sure. What happened to all that talk about redirecting???
          As for Mcdoogle....I would not be suprised to discover he was a disgruntled member. It is apparently personal
          I am considering moving out of here for awhile because of the poor management...it is one big pool of mush here and not much difference between the 3 sections.
          Thanks Miller...we told ya to leave it the heck alone
          Pretty much DITTO, had to break what worked. Sorry that a good thing came to an end, but is that not the way of the world.
          I see few of the old hand and lots of SPAM.
          OH WELL...
          Laurence

Comment

****, his post count makes me look like a real looser

Comment

Originally posted by J hall View Post
              It's strange that the volunteer mods managed to delete posts from real members a while back, but apparently don't want to take a stand against Mr McD.
              Most likely is a bot. Takes a few minutes for a human to set up, then automatically peppers the bejeebeez out of a forum. One of the problems with using the standardized software.

Comment

Originally posted by J hall View Post
                I deleted it. My internet went down yesterday. Thanks to all who reported it...Bob
                Bob Wright

Comment

Mel

Hey there...

I "banned" mr mcdoogle...

It is interesting, as the board is on "lockdown" currently due to the huge amount of spam we've been having. I've only been letting in a few select people...I guess I'll have to be even more selective!

You may have noticed that we were really being hit with spam and suddenly it stopped. It takes a huge amount of human intervention (by me) to keep it this way...the good news is that spam usually comes in waves...it is probabaly the worst I've ever seen it!

I can't imagine spammers actually make enough money to continue like this...

Ah well...thanks for your patience with this spam stuff. We try to control it as much as we possibly can!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LA Weld View Post
                    ****, his post count makes me look like a real looser
                    Hey now! Not everyone with a low post count is a looser.
                    Dynasty 200 DX
                    Lincoln 140
                    O/A
                    Gradatim vincimus
                    "We conquer by degrees."

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                      Hey there...

I "banned" mr mcdoogle...

It is interesting, as the board is on "lockdown" currently due to the huge amount of spam we've been having. I've only been letting in a few select people...I guess I'll have to be even more selective!

You may have noticed that we were really being hit with spam and suddenly it stopped. It takes a huge amount of human intervention (by me) to keep it this way...the good news is that spam usually comes in waves...it is probabaly the worst I've ever seen it!

I can't imagine spammers actually make enough money to continue like this...

Ah well...thanks for your patience with this spam stuff. We try to control it as much as we possibly can!

Thanks
                      On a motorcycle site I like with the same format as this there is another feature to the sign up that keeps the spamers away. At the bottom of the sign up sheet there is a box that asks the newbee a forum pertanant question. Example; A welding site may have several acceptable answers like, "welder, miller, model #, tig, mig, arc, etc. Its not the same as the computer spam controll squigilie # & letter thing. Check it out here. http://www.jockeyjournal.com/ You dont have to sign up to see what im talking about. The feature is at the bottom of the sign up page. .02
                      Dynasty 200 DX
                      Lincoln 140
                      O/A
                      Gradatim vincimus
                      "We conquer by degrees."

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. I've forwarded it to our people who help with programming the board. We'll see if that's an option!

Comment

Yea make it a trick question like what color are the Miller Blue welders.
                          ...Bob
                          Bob Wright

Comment

Question

I was thinking more along the lines of, "what is the color of your favorite welder?" Hee hee hee

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                              I was thinking more along the lines of, "what is the color of your favorite welder?" Hee hee hee
                              That's a good idea...I like that one!!
                              At Home
                              Miller Thunderbolt XL AC/DC
                              Performance Tools 6" Bench Grinder
                              Craftsman Hand Tools
                              Craftsman Cordless Drills

DeWalt Angle Grinder
                              1976 AMC Jeep CJ7
                              1980 Ford F150 Custom
                              1994 Chevrolet Silverado C1500

At Work
                              Miller Bobcat 250