X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welderman23
    replied
    Originally posted by mgrudz View Post
    welder man hopefully that rusty spoon came as part of a package with the tet**** shot. wow it would not let me post t e t a n u s oh a n u s is in there........ my head has def been up mine before hey welderman where in texas are u? i put buildings up in conroe(houston), mt pleasant(pittsburg, home of bo pilgrim), denton, and waxahatchie(i think that is how u spell it
    im in dallas, and put em up all over texas
    and about 10 other states.im still waiting to get that call to put one up in Hawaii
    .....and its spelled waxahachie

Leave a comment:

• welderman23
    replied
    welder man hopefully that rusty spoon came as part of a package with the tet**** shot. wow it would not let me post t e t a n u s oh a n u s is in there........ my head has def been up mine before hey welderman where in texas are u? i put buildings up in conroe(houston), mt pleasant(pittsburg, home of bo pilgrim), denton, and waxahatchie(i think that is how u spell it
    and about 10 other states.im still waiting to get that call to put one up in Hawaii
    .....and its spelled waxahachie

Leave a comment:

• welderman23
    replied
    and about 10 or 12 other states

Leave a comment:

• Ray C.
    replied
    Seems like you earned it. Good for you!
    How did you start getting work?

Leave a comment:

• mgrudz
    replied
    Last edited by mgrudz; 03-07-2008, 08:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KBar
    replied
    Bob, mgrudz, Welderman

Bob, Great looking work on the projects you did and Im glad to hear you are doing so great in such a short amount of time.

mgrudz, congratulations on your success, you can hold your head high and be proud. I myself quit smoking after 2 pack a day since I was 18, 55 now, quit cold turkey Nov 28 2006.

Welderman, hold onto that rusty spoon, someday it may come in handy, maybe Willy can show you how to polish it

Leave a comment:

• welderman23
    replied
    that is the bottom line, nothing good comes easy unless you were born with a silver spoon and even that is no guarantee. Experience is also one of the key factors. you have to get out and work with old timers to pick up ypur tricks of the trade. i owe alot to my mentors.
    i was born with a rusty spoon in my mouth

Leave a comment:

• mgrudz
    replied
    i agree with ^^^^^^^^^^ that post. it is the little gifts that you realize you missed. if i would have known life could be this much fun i would have started living it years ago. i was fortunate in one aspect, my work ethic. i was able to acquire journeyman status as a carpenter, ironworker(rigger), and welder(fitter and fabricator). i was given a good head on my shoulders, even though it only ran at half throttle for 15 years. all my skills were acquired hands on, but it required hard work. that is the bottom line, nothing good comes easy unless you were born with a silver spoon and even that is no guarantee. Experience is also one of the key factors. you have to get out and work with old timers to pick up ypur tricks of the trade. i owe alot to my mentors.
    Last edited by mgrudz; 03-07-2008, 08:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    Originally posted by Laiky View Post
    HHmmmm. I've been clean and sober my whole life, and my life sucks! Any suggestions?

Start drinking.
    It wont make life better, but when you quit, you realize what you have been missing. You appreciate it more after sobering up. The little things that make you're life suck now will become trivial little irritants.

Congratulation on the business, looks like you did quite well for your self. The blood sweat and tears paid off.
    Last edited by burninbriar; 03-06-2008, 12:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Mikey! Nice big work!!!! For myself and especially the new guys that just finished High School and think they want to open up their own business, how long have been in the field (journeyman?) before you opened up your own business and what kind of work were you doing?
    Big thanks from me and the others

Leave a comment:

• Laiky
    replied
    HHmmmm. I've been clean and sober my whole life, and my life sucks! Any suggestions?

Seriously though, good luck, it's good to hear a success story.

Leave a comment:

• bob_e95482
    replied
    Great! Best wishes to you. I've been clean & sober 10 years this month. My life has gotten WAY better. Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• mgrudz
    replied
    it took alot of sacrifice and many weeks without a paycheck. I had a full time job when I started cause there was no guarantee i was going to make it. I started with 1 forklift(that broke down every 4th start), an old airco w/ a hobart feeder(which is still prob my favorite machine), a couple of clamps, my ironworker tools, some squares, and really not alot else. It was rough at first. My main customer builds concrete batch plants and I am starting to increase the load of eggs in my basket. I am grateful and blessed.

Leave a comment:

• tnjind
    replied
    WOW, that kind of bussiness in only one year, What industry are your customers?

Good job.

Leave a comment:

• mgrudz
    replied
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...c-7894280f757e

http://http://viewmorepics.myspace.c...9-7c74177e22f6

Leave a comment:

Working...
X