X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hankl
    replied
    Breeze,

I'll check the connections, and then try it again, Thanks.

Fusion King,

What you say, along with Breeze's advise will most likely cure this, I'm with you on using other machines, my Syncrowave would like you get away with anything, the inverter base machines are more finicky, but its the price you pay for the flexibility and performance, for me, a good trade off overall, once you figure the idiosyncrasies out. Thanks Again Guys!

Hank

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    I had similar issues with mine and it was a matter of working thru more than one thing at a time.
    Mainly my regulater flowed way too much of a surge on pre-flow so I changed to a lower max flow regulater and that helped.
    Getting used to pre-flow at all for me was an issue (i'm old school so I just hit the switch)
    Setting start parameters was a good thing also.
    KB is prolly dead on in his advice(thanks KB).... it helped me.
    FWIW if your tungsten EVER looks like it's been touched it will mess with a dynasty's starting ability and that was my biggest problem and it sounds like yours...whatever you got away with on previous tig units simply is irrelevent with the dynasty 200. The only way it will ever restart on dirty tungsten is by touching it. IMO it is the worst/weakest HF start I've used and by far the only annoying thing about them.

Leave a comment:

• The Breeze
    replied
    no arc

then you must have a lose conection on a board or coming from the back of a lead .if you know electic you could pull the cover and check the push plugs on all the boards and the conections coming off the back of the leads. if that is not it .well it loooks like you may have to send it to old blue for a board check sorry hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• Hankl
    replied
    Originally posted by cruizer View Post
    When I mentioned the wiring, the machine will work if you use the red wire in combination with the black. The machine will be erratic,oe, work just fine sometimes, and other time s not so well, It depends on the switching circuits.

I wasn't kidding, alot of people do this even large firms.

As for the nitwits, I'm trying to quit smoking, so far so good, My temper is somewhat quick though.
    Cruizer,

No problem Buddy, there must be some real idiots out there, I can't see where someone couldn't follow the simple instructions in the manual. It specifically states to tape back the Red wire if not using 3Ph. Maybe those people should not be allow close to HF any time in their life!

Hank

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    When I mentioned the wiring, the machine will work if you use the red wire in combination with the black. The machine will be erratic,oe, work just fine sometimes, and other time s not so well, It depends on the switching circuits.

I wasn't kidding, alot of people do this even large firms.

As for the nitwits, I'm trying to quit smoking, so far so good, My temper is somewhat quick though.

Leave a comment:

• Hankl
    replied
    Originally posted by Craig in Denver View Post
    Craig, Thanks for the thread, gave me some thing to try.

I get this every once in a while with the nitwits who wire there machines for single phase wrong, Use the black, white & green wires, do not use the red at all.
    Cruzer, I know what you mean, it bugs me when nitwits reply to threads also!

Actually, a little more info would be helpful. How many amps are you using and what size tungsten. It is possible that the tig start parameters may not be set right for what you are doing.
    KB, 3/32 Lanthanated, welding 1/4" MS at 150 Amps. Will check the parameters.

if you are using a foot control make sure the plug is plugged in all the way .then check the wires in the plug .then look to see if any of the pins are pushed back in the plug . check your setup to see if you are using the right size tungsten for the job and that it is not contaminated .you might just have a lose lead just my two cents hope it helps
    Breeze, Thanks, I did check my foot control, and then switched over to the thumb control, same deal, I did look at resetting the default parameters, but since it ran just find the rest of the day, I didn't mess with it. I'll play with it this weekend.

Hank
    Last edited by Hankl; 03-03-2008, 06:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Breeze
    replied
    no arc

if you are using a foot control make sure the plug is plugged in all the way .then check the wires in the plug .then look to see if any of the pins are pushed back in the plug . check your setup to see if you are using the right size tungton for the job and that it is not cotainated .you might just have a lose lead just my two cents hope it helps

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    I get this every once in a while with the nitwits who wire there machines for single phase wrong, Use the black, white & green wires, do not use the red at all.

Leave a comment:

• KB Fabrications
    replied
    Actually, a little more info would be helpful. How many amps are you using and what size tungsten. It is possible that the tig start parameters may not be set right for what you are doing.

Leave a comment:

• Craig in Denver
    replied
    Go here; read this:
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ad.php?t=12352

Leave a comment:

• Hankl
    started a topic Dynasty 200 DX Problem

Dynasty 200 DX Problem

When I initially start welding with the Dynasty, it often doesn't generate a Arc, the gas flows, but nothing happens. The display for the Amps, does a count down, and then I try again, sometimes I get a Arc, sometimes not. It happened again today, I shut it down, re started and it worked fine for the rest of the day, can someone tell my if I'm doing something wrong, or is there a fix for this occurrence?

Hank
Working...
X