Need help wiring Dynasty 200dx ASAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help wiring Dynasty 200dx ASAP!

So i got this thing a few days ago in the mail from Cyberweld and i want to turn it on and WBW (weld baby weld). I didnt know that the dynasty series didnt come with a plug and im not very electrically savy. Basically i read what the manual came with and all i found out is that green is ground. white is neutral. black is hot and red is hot. I have a 250v 20 amp outlet already in my garage so i figure ill use it for the time being. i picked up the plug from my hardware store and it has 3 spots for wires 1 screw is green (ground im guessing) 1 screw is red ( power?) and 1 screw is no color at all. I hooked up the green to the ground the black to the red spot and the white to the no color spot and the red wire i folded back and didnt use. i crossed my fingers and flipped the switch and something didnt sound right and the LED wasnt on so i quickly pulled out the plug to prevent any damage i hope.

PLEASE HELP!!!

im loosing hair over this.

4 wires from the welder and only 3 spots to put them in the plug?? which ones go where thanks!
    HOW DO

Sounds like you have a 220v single phase service. For this service you do not use the red wire. Just tape it back it is used for 3 phase only. You said your wall plug is 220v 50amp. If it is just hook up the white wire to one “hot” terminal and the black to the other. You were right about the ground it is green on the welder and may be bare copper in the wall. For the plug just make sure the black term and the white term correspond with the white and black wires in the wall recp not the ground spade of the plug. The owner’s manual shows a sort of sad diagram starting in section 4-1. The plug you have may have a red term just hook up the black or white wire to this. That said if in doubt consult with a electrician. Lots cheaper than a new house . Welcome to the board.

paul

Comment

Also check that the ground in the wall recp is hooked to the same spade as the green on the plug.

paul

Comment

So i hooked up the power and flipped the siwtch and theres a weird humming thats low pitched thats not the fan. i havent tried welding yet as the humming sounds electrical like something is not right. the plug works fine. does anyone have a dynasty and can they verify if it makes low humming noise when in the on position?

Comment

wait till you hit the peddle on AC. its going to scream like crazy.frequency changes will change the pitch of the noise, its just the way the dyn is. no idea why.
          sounds like you have it properly wired, its just a loud welder. freaks a lot of people out.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by stanman309 View Post
            So i hooked up the power and flipped the siwtch and theres a weird humming thats low pitched thats not the fan. i havent tried welding yet as the humming sounds electrical like something is not right. the plug works fine. does anyone have a dynasty and can they verify if it makes low humming noise when in the on position?

Totally normal. That's the Autoline making all that weird nose. The "buzzing" will also change pitch if you plug it into 110v versus 220v.

Comment

Originally posted by stanman309 View Post

i did the same thing when i hooked mine up, that noise freaked me out as well. turn it back on and WBW LOL
              The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Comment

Working...
              X