We started building a extra heavy duty roller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We started building a extra heavy duty roller

One of my steel suppliers has a 36" hand roller, I went and picked it up today so that I could copy off of it.

I rolled 24" of 10 ga with out a problem,

I also did a 4" wide x 1/2" thick pc. the 1/2 was pretty tuff but it was doing it.
    Most of the rollers I see are maxed out doing 16 ga.

Ill show pics when its done.

show us pic's of the donor roller?? a 36" slip roll would be sweet. thats what you are making yes ??
    cant wait to see the finished project. don't forget to save us the bearing #'s or sizes. TSC has a decent supply but i don't know how they compare for $$.
    man i love home made tool's
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

Cool, Can't wait for pics...Bob
      Bob Wright

Comment

Let this onw slip!

I sold my 8 ft 3/8 plate when i sold the building!

Buddy of mine had this 5 fter,, and let it skip,My fault,Things were so hectick,and you are also helping him,,Well loose some. and ya lose some
        Attached Files

Comment

i got ya all beat, roller where i am does 1.5" at 10ft
          mm210
          maxstar 150

Comment

A big power roller would be great, however I dont have that much room for the amount that I would use it.

I cant wait to get it finished, The rollers are 36" long and made out of DOM tube 3" OD with a 1/2" wall, The bearings are a simple 2" OD with a 1" bore sealed bearing with no housing.

They will press into the side plate frame which is 3/4" plate.

I just need my brother in law to bore the 2" holes in the 3/4" plate for the bearings to press into.

Comment

Working...
            X