Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• syncrowave 350 vs 351

Hello
    My friend has a Syncrowave 351 and loves it. I am looking to upgrade from my Ideal Arc 300/300. I have the opportunity to purchase an older Syncrowave 350 (not the LX) with water cooler and sp-34 programmer $1500.00. Would you please tell me how the 350 differs from the 351 and how much of an upgrade the 350 is over the, even older, 300/300
    Thanks
    SV

Never heard of a SyncroWave 351. Please give more info. The SyncroWave 350 is an excellent machine.
    Thanks.

Comment

The 351 is a much better machine IMO its much newer and smaller etc... and the boards probably dont fry out as easily I had the older 300 sync and the boards would go on a regular basis .
      Miller aerowave full feature
      Lincoln power mig 300 with prince gun
      dynasty 200 dx
      lincoln sp 135 plus
      302 trailblazer
      s22p12
      powcon starcut
      cp 400 metal spray

Comment

The 351 is the triangular shaped one right? It is a huge improvement over the Lincolns. The Syncro's will have squarewave output while I'm prertty sure the older Idealarcs only have sine wave. That seems like a pretty decent price to me.

Comment

Are the 300s and 351s marketed in Canada only?
          The Miller catalog (2008) does not show them. The Miller website only shows SyncroWave 200, 250 & 350 models.

Comment

Theyre not current models. The 300 is probably 25 years old.

Comment

Thanks. After my question, I looked in the Miller Manual section and saw the 300, 351, and 500 listed. I was only aware of the later models such as 180, 200 250 & 350.
              Thanks again.

Comment

351 v 350

Thanks for your replies they have been helpfull.
                Turns out my friend has a newer 350LX not a 351.
                I still haven't learned the difference in welding features & performance between the Syncrowave 350 and the 351. Now of course I am wondering how mine ( I bought the 350) compares to the newer 350 LX.
                Anyway I will find out.
                I am sure I will be happy if indeed I have been using a non-square wave machine (Lincoln IdealArc 300/300).

Regards
                SV
                I will probably sell the sp-34 programmer if anyone is interested

Comment

It will take you a few minutes, but you can download the manual for any of these machines from the Miller RESOURCES tab. If you know thw s/n you will get the manual for that machine. If you do not enter a s/n you will get the latest manual for that model.

HTH

Comment

retty sure the only major differences are smaller mchine size and integrated cooler. Both models had optional pulser and sequencer module.

Comment

I have a 91 350 Synchro fully loaded from new without the spotweld control, never had a problem with it nor will ever sell it. My favorite welder after going thru 11 others besides paid for itself within 3 months, not bad for a garage hobby welder. Water cooled with long stinger leads. At the Miller repair facility one of the no BS techs i've known for years has told me this is still one great machine unless your a person that must have the latest model released. Same person talked me into a 251 with 30A spoolgun vs a lower model, again another great machine.

Comment

Working...
                      X