stainless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stainless

I jumped into welding about two months ago and bought a syncrowave 250, and started practicing, my alu welding has progressed awsome, in fact i just did a soda can this morning. unfortunately stainless isnt going so well. pool builds fine then arc starts spitting a little, if i add filler it spits horrible! welds look overheated/charred im not using much current just enough to build the pool and maintain it. What am i doing wrong????

oh hey......... DCEN works way better than AC. im learning!

Comment

what are your settings and the thickness of the SS ??
      i want to say its a lack of gas isue. back gassing is a must with thin stuff. i usualy up my flow a bit and increase my post flow for SS and use a bit larger cup ( usualy a gas saver with the clear cup) i get good coverage that way. a gas lens would also be good, but you should be able to do it fine with a standerd TIG setup. i'm still fairly new at TIG but thease things have worked well for me.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

overheating? wrong rod?

sure it's stainless?

Comment

Well lets try the basics...Is the tungsten prepared correctly,and not contaminated?
          Is the s.s clean?

Comment

Originally posted by catdr View Post
            oh hey......... DCEN works way better than AC. im learning!
            I think he figured it out on his own.

Comment

catdr oh hey......... DCEN works way better than AC. I'm learning
              funny how ya gotta keep playing with then knobs when ya chang job's, AC-DCEN-DCEP, and thats not even getting into freq. and pulse.....so many buttons so little time...

well at least i can stick to one tungsten, its always 2% lanthanated.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

Working...
              X