No announcement yet.

Future Pipeliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if the new guy wanted to hear about pipelining he certainly got his moneys worth

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Well, if you go back and read the original post, the guy asked a question, and JT gave a very clear, to the point answer to that question (the only one). I suspect Torchhead isn't an inexperienced 18 year old, one or two of the other responses on the first page could have been considered an insult to him ....

Comment

Just to refresh:

The question:

Originally posted by TorchHead View Post
        Do any of you have any recommendation to what type of welder and plasma cutter to have for the pipeliner? Also as far as a plasma cutter goes, does it really matter what size air tank to get?
        The answer:

There's no plasma on the pipeline.
        If you want a Miller machine on a P/L rig it will be a PipePro. An old Lincoln SA-200 can be bought in good working shape for about 1/4 or 1/3 the price of a new PipePro.
        It of course doesn't take $50 to $100,000 to be rigged up and on a pipeline either. It does take (as a minimum) a mostly reliable 3/4 ton pickup (4wd is a major plus but not a requirement), a mostly reliable welding machine (either a SA-200, SA-250, Classic I, II, or III, 200D or 300D or a Miller PipePro), some welding leads, a set of oxy/acy gages, a hand torch, oxy/acy hoses, some gloves and a hood.
        And of course the ability to use those tools in a fast paced environment with very harsh inspection.
        I see nothing open-ended there ..... It is now necessary to post a complete resume anytime somebody asks a question you don't know the answer to??

Comment

Originally posted by Coalsmoke View Post
          Stickman, ask me next august, and I should be in a position to take you out for free (no illegal guiding). The tags for non-bc residents are steep, but the animals are grand.
          Come on up stickman, we have lots of white tail/mule. In fact I see lots through out the town of Okotoks walking across lawns. They like to eat the wife's plants in the summer. We also have tons of Elk, I went by one field last fall and there where so many Elk you would of thought it was a game farm, I'll bet in the small area of the field we drove by there must of been 50+ elk hanging out. Canada does for sure have some great big game. with that said I would think hunting wild boar would be fricken cool. I dont know if Id be man enough to hunt them, Seems to me they would be mean son of a guns, I guess you make sure your shot counts EH!
          DODGE 1 TON 6.7
          PIPEPRO 304
          TO MANY TOOLS
          JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
          rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
          and easily upset
          go flames go

Comment

Calweld why not just leave the pissing match to the man that started it? The tread has calmed, so why bring it up again?
            DODGE 1 TON 6.7
            PIPEPRO 304
            TO MANY TOOLS
            JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
            rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
            and easily upset
            go flames go

Comment

OH...come on guys....your gonna make him feel left out!!

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
              Miller WC-115-A
              Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

Originally posted by pipeline Dan View Post
                Come on up stickman, we have lots of white tail/mule. In fact I see lots through out the town of Okotoks walking across lawns. They like to eat the wife's plants in the summer. We also have tons of Elk, I went by one field last fall and there where so many Elk you would of thought it was a game farm, I'll bet in the small area of the field we drove by there must of been 50+ elk hanging out. Canada does for sure have some great big game. with that said I would think hunting wild boar would be fricken cool. I dont know if Id be man enough to hunt them, Seems to me they would be mean son of a guns, I guess you make sure your shot counts EH!
                would like that hogs arent to bad we go to a buddies down in florida a bow hunt them. but you guys whitails rule, biggest probaly any were. later Bill

Comment

because that is how cal seems to operate, unfortunately. He likes to stir stuff up for his entertainment factor, one day he is your friend and the next he is setting you up
                  No, all the entertainment was earlier, watching JT deal with you two was plenty good ....

????? When did I ever call you "friend" ??????? All I know you as, is words on a computer screen, we're not up to "friend" status yet, I generally like to know "friends" in person, sorry, that's just the way it is.

Comment

They should hold a turkey shoot. Insted of a turkey for a prize they should give out miller welding stuff. That would be fun.

Comment

I'll stand up for JT on this one. I've been lurking around here for quite a while now and reading the posts. Really been enjoying it until I got to this one. I see several references to plain oilfield welding in dans posts. And that comment about he sees JTs type in the patch all the time, thats some more of his canadian bullsh!t. I've been in the patch all my life, grew up in it and most U.S. oil hands are extremely good people. If you canadians want to b!tch, go someplace else. I too see a lot of whining out of you illiterate f.ckers and u just go f.ck a duck im with u jt

P!ssed off oilie!!!!!!
                      Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC

Comment

Well thank you "p'od oilie", you have just reconfirmed my point that @ssholes like JT are at the bottom of the pile of poop. You should feel priviliged
                        If you ask me, [email protected] like you are at the bottom of the pile of poop. Always think you're better than everyone else when in all actuality without guys like me and jt there ain't a f.ckin thing that would get done in the patch. If y'all gots a problem with us, come down here and stand up and face us. At least we have work to be done down here and have a little pride in what we do. As pipeline Dan said about $hit welding, that proves my point about no pride. Down here there is no such thing, sure might not pay as good as the pressure guys, but it has to be done and guys like me that do it are dammn proud of our role. I must admit I don't weld in the patch as much as i used to. But I have welded pressure pipe, as well as repair work on the rigs. I'm dammn proud of what my life has accomplished, and i'll stand up right back to you guys cause i'm an old oilie that ain't gonna take no f.cking sh!t off of no one.
                        Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC

Comment

Originally posted by pipeline Dan View Post
                          AHHH I knew there would be some one come on here and stand behind jt. Those are some good odds jt, what 1 in the last 15ish posts. let me guess he phoned you up and told you how these big boys are teasing him, jt asked for it all by himself. No one held a gun to his head and told him to be an idiot, infact I would think being an idiot is very natural for him, no need to hold an gun to that head As fair as my comments about the oilpatch, why would I knock that? I live in Alberta, EVERYTHING is oilpatch here, dont $hit where you eat my friend If I am called out to the oilfields and they want me to weld up some wideflang on a skid or maybe a support for a pipe then we here call that $hit welding, which means I dont make a whole bunch of money driving all the way out to the patch to weld the fricken thing, sorry thats what its called. maybe you call that a good days worth of work but here its know'n as $hit welding?? maybe I'll ask you 2 guys what we here in Alberta should call our welding slag talk that way you dont get your panties in a knot. I do see guys like jt all the time in the oilpatch, old crusty f*ckers that dont real have a hold on things anymore so they put people/countries down so they appear bigger and better, Thankfuly the oilpatch here is clamping down on guys like him and are sending them to greener pastures. With that said there are lots of old boys that still strike an arc and get along with eyerybody, I would guess they are men that have made their money in the patch and dont find a need to get pissy with other welders, why would they? they dont need to prove them selves anymore. I have worked in the patch all my life as well, I went threw the ranks on drilling rigs, swamping, gas testing, service rigs, "$HIT WELDING" pressure welding, pipeline welding, welders helper, pipe faber etc etc. There are all kinds of good people here as well, in fact I use to ride buck'n horses and lived and worked down south as well, I met great people all over the US, Of corse I met some real *******s as well, but you can go anywhere to find them, in fact I've met some idiots on different forums on the www, which shows you it doesnt matter where you go you'll find the good bad and the ugly. The reason we got to what we did with this thread is because guys like yourself, jt come on here and flap your gums, which leads to stuff like this, most people back away from jt because he's a crusty f*ck, then he gets to tell people what to do. I dont stand for that $hit so I'll stand up to you 2 f*ckers till the cows come home. Now if I stood up to you to idiots and I was a shop welder, ss welder, plastic welder, a tig welder or pipefitter and I stood up to you, I am sure you would say stuff like you dont know about pipeline/oilpatch welding shut up. WeLL my friends I do know oilpatch/pipeline welding and I will stand up to you so you will go away. I am very proud you 2 idiots like to chk out my post/threads. I see you like to call me out on on my threads/posts, I did however noticed you never bring up stuff I've said about jt and the way I make him look like an idiot, if you hang with him long enough you to will be know as an idiot as well, OHHH by the way, your on your way to being an idiot as YOU speak, I noticed at the end of your post you left it as:

" You just go f.ck a duck, I am with jt ....LOL
                          Who fricken says that, what are you in grade 2 ???.....LOL
                          I don't see how you think you make jt look like an idiot. If you ask me I think you're the one who looks like an idiot. jt and i are just tryin to make an honest living here in the states. I notice wher you try, but jt comes back and makes you look like the dumbsh!t you really are. and if all of you want to call me an idiot thats fine by me. I'll be the first to tell you i've been called alot worse
                          Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC

Comment

This thread has gone on long enough

The original poster has received the information that was asked for. This thread has broken down into a Sick, Pathetic, and Disgusting display of foolishness and immaturity, and now has degraded further into name calling, and a useless "Canada vs U.S." mudfight.

In the name of decency.....Please delete this thread. It has gone on long enough.

To ALL the posters from both sides of the border that have taken part in this....I hope you are Proud of yourselves. Why don't you read all this to your children so they can see how adults resolve conflicts and treat each other???

And at Christmas no less......I'm embarrassed that I even contributed to this thread.

If any of you want to respond to this....PLEASE show more decency than you have previously, and just send me a PM.
                            Later,
                            Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Comment

HA...they got one that's went about the same on the project side too about wiring

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                              Miller WC-115-A
                              Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

Originally posted by Black Wolf View Post
                                The original poster has received the information that was asked for. This thread has broken down into a Sick, Pathetic, and Disgusting display of foolishness and immaturity, and now has degraded further into name calling, and a useless "Canada vs U.S." mudfight.

In the name of decency.....Please delete this thread. It has gone on long enough.

To ALL the posters from both sides of the border that have taken part in this....I hope you are Proud of yourselves. Why don't you read all this to your children so they can see how adults resolve conflicts and treat each other???

And at Christmas no less......I'm embarrassed that I even contributed to this thread.

If any of you want to respond to this....PLEASE show more decency than you have previously, and just send me a PM.
                                Total agreement here.
                                Cheers,
                                Chris

PipePro350 SS,Pro300 SS,X-tremeVS,Dynasty200DX,MM251, SA-200 Redface,SA-200 Shorthood,SAE-300

Comment

Working...
                                X