MOre work pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOre work pics

Here are two pictures of me doing a 4" sch 160 316L stainless tie in for an injection well. The second picture is of my thumb after I pinched it in one of my pipe stands between the head and the piece of cold rolled that is supposed to keep you from getting pinched (6 stitches) That is why all you new welder's should practice welding with both hand's . The stitches were in my right hand and I could run beads with it , It hurt like h-ell so fortunately I can weld with both hands and never missed a day's work.
    Attached Files

Love the shirt!!

Comment

Wicked one, Sorry to see your tore up finger, Keep it clean. Dont let it get infected, the last thing you want is to loose a finger.

Comment

hope your finger heals ok.......

curious. is that going to be a full tig weld on that pipe, or will you fill it in with arc / stick filler ?

if so, will it be with 7018 ?

thanks much........
        Syncrowave® 200
        Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
        Lincoln Weld Pak 100 wire feed

Comment

filler

Originally posted by FABMAN View Post
          hope your finger heals ok.......

curious. is that going to be a full tig weld on that pipe, or will you fill it in with arc / stick filler ?

if so, will it be with 7018 ?

thanks much........
          That weld was bead and hot with tig and filled and capped with stick(asvesta 316Lskr rod) And for the record on high pressure lines you only use filler that matches the base metal (stainless with stainless never dissimilar metals)

Comment

my digit

Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
            Wicked one, Sorry to see your tore up finger, Keep it clean. Dont let it get infected, the last thing you want is to loose a finger.
            The doctor that stitched it was from Nigeria and used 1.0 silk which is 1mm thick. A nurse on my wife's ball team took the stitches out and told me they use that thread on cadavers after the autopsy. Anyway's the stitches ripped after 3 day's so I used crazy glue to hold it together and there is hardly any scar and it held for about a week and my body forced it out like a scab. So it's all good. I don't recommend doing this but when your working you do what you have to so you can keep going. It also sting's like a b-itch. Jef

Comment

Good luck with the healing, nice work on the pipe, but I need to know where you got that shirt.
              owner of EVOLUTION WELDING

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked one View Post
                That weld was bead and hot with tig and filled and capped with stick(asvesta 316Lskr rod) And for the record on high pressure lines you only use filler that matches the base metal (stainless with stainless never dissimilar metals)
                thanks for the correction. i am new to this, still in school, and we are doing open root 6010 / 7018.

our teacher told us about tig root and 7018 cap, but have not learned anything about stainless caps yet.

thanks for the help....
                Syncrowave® 200
                Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
                Lincoln Weld Pak 100 wire feed

Comment

Nice pics. Thanks for the clarification on your finger as I was thinking that Rambo did the stitching. I have used perma-bond glue before and it worked great. Good luck with your finger.

Regards,

Scott

Comment

I super glued up a baby squirrel about 12 weeks ago that had a giant gash in his belly. The vet said feed it to the cats. Well its still here...Bob
                    Attached Files
                    Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by FABMAN View Post
                      thanks for the correction. i am new to this, still in school, and we are doing open root 6010 / 7018.

our teacher told us about tig root and 7018 cap, but have not learned anything about stainless caps yet.

thanks for the help....
                      just because it's a tig root you still have to match the base metal eg- tig root er-70s-2 is the wire you would use on the root and 7018 fill and cap for carbon depending on the type of carbon pipe and the procedure. 316L stainless pipe would need er316L tig wire for the root and hot pass and 316L-17 SKR stick rod for the fill and cap. So don't get confused just because your teacher said it's a tig root you still have to match the base metal. I hope this clarifies my statement. Jef

Comment

Wicked One

Pretty sad looking thumb, can sympathize having to tig with that. Curious about how you purge in the field. Would that joint have been taped up for the root and if so what do you usually use?

Comment

Originally posted by OldSparks View Post
                          Wicked One

Pretty sad looking thumb, can sympathize having to tig with that. Curious about how you purge in the field. Would that joint have been taped up for the root and if so what do you usually use?
                          I used dissolvo paper on one side and on the other side their was a tee.On the other side of the tee I used a foam pig and stuck my hose in the flange after I taped it up. On the joint itself I use 3m masking tape I think the number is 633 it's green and stay's on better than that foil tape

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
                            Good luck with the healing, nice work on the pipe, but I need to know where you got that shirt.
                            The shirt was a gift from my brother in law when they went to New York

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked one View Post
                              On the joint itself I use 3m masking tape I think the number is 633 it's green and stay's on better than that foil tape

Likewise, we simply use a good quality masking tape. I was just asking to find out if you had any need for an exotic tape. Apparently not. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X