Dragster Chassis Jig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragster Chassis Jig

I'm sure that chassis jigs are probably well guarded secrets by the top builders, but does anyone have good pics of a dragster chassis jig so I can get some ideas on how to design one for my own use. I'm not asking for trade secrets, just a reasonable idea so I have something to go on.

Scott
    Y'All Hold My Beer And Watch This!!!

Order Mark Williams chassis video and copy there's. They used a 25' I-beam & some 2x4 channel iron. You don't need nothin fancy.
    When building your first race car, watching that video and learning from it, is the same as what you learn taking some welding classes.
    Bob Kraemer/Licensed Electrical Contractor

Miller 330 ABP
    Tree Mill W/DRO
    South Bend Lathe
    Tennsmith Brake
    Tennsmith Shear
    Beverly Throatless Shear
    JD/2 Bead roller
    O/A Torch
    Drill Press
    Grinders, Belt Sander Etc!
    And more hand tools than I know what to do with

Comment

Mark Williams Video

Cool! That will help alot!!

Thanks!

Scott

Originally posted by Bob Kraemer View Post
      Order Mark Williams chassis video and copy there's. They used a 25' I-beam & some 2x4 channel iron. You don't need nothin fancy.
      When building your first race car, watching that video and learning from it, is the same as what you learn taking some welding classes.

Comment

Save a buck or two.
        Check the Garage Sale on my web site. I believe that video is listed.
        Dave Koehler

http://www.koehlerinjection.com
        "Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."

Comment

Originally posted by sarge75801 View Post
          I'm sure that chassis jigs are probably well guarded secrets by the top builders, but does anyone have good pics of a dragster chassis jig so I can get some ideas on how to design one for my own use. I'm not asking for trade secrets, just a reasonable idea so I have something to go on.

Scott

some of the dirt racers have started building there own cars,and they will get someone else to go buy a bare chassis from the chassis builder they want to copy,and then they build there jig from it.

Comment

video

Apparently someone bought it. Couldn't find the video on your website.

Thanks for the thought though...

Originally posted by Dave Koehler View Post
            Save a buck or two.
            Check the Garage Sale on my web site. I believe that video is listed.
            Dave Koehler

http://www.koehlerinjection.com

Comment

Most chassis shops use I beam tables almost.My car was backhalved a few years back before I started doing my own fabricating.I had a friend use a box truck chassis it was just box(square) tubing made into a square as long as its level and strong enough it should not be a problem.He welded small I beams to car rims then set the frame on there, leveled it and welded it up he then tack welded the chassis to it and began the build.The key is not to have anything distort from the heat while welding.The foundation needs to be level.Look on www.Montanabros.com .They build all thses 6 sec doorslammers I think there are photos of cars on jigs.
              http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee300/profgh6682/

Comment

Working...
              X