Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShieldArc
    replied
    The **** flappers are made in china now.

Leave a comment:

• calweld
    replied
    I've had straight-up exhausts with flappers on all my TBs, except for the last (current) one, you'll be lucky to get 500 hours on that flapper before it self-destructs.

Leave a comment:

• weld-tek
    replied
    Originally posted by ultim8wldr View Post
    if you put a stairght pipe on sure it would make it less fumey but would you have to put a flaper on the top to keep the rain from going down it?

i would say yes on the flapper,mine is garage kept but a guy could get cught in the rain.and aside from the fumes,it sends some of the sound up instead of out the side which makes it quieter.mine just has a softer tone with the straight up pipe.

Leave a comment:

• ultim8wldr
    replied
    straight pipe

if you put a stairght pipe on sure it would make it less fumey but would you have to put a flaper on the top to keep the rain from going down it?

Leave a comment:

• weld-tek
    replied
    Originally posted by DDA52 View Post
    That doesn't look bad at all. How long did you make it?

10 inches.

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    That doesn't look bad at all. How long did you make it?

Leave a comment:

• J hall
    replied
    That looks cool. After a while when the rain cap starts to rattle, it will be like a trailblazer 55

Leave a comment:

• weld-tek
    replied
    here is the installed pics
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• weld-tek
    replied
    Originally posted by lramberson View Post
    Come on, installed picture.. OK please.

i will get some pics,i finished trailer i been building tonite and before i deliever tomorrow im gonna take some pics,and i will snap a few of the new pipe.i was leaving shop tonite and walk by my trailer and had to fire it up,it has a different sound.again i highly recommend the straight pipe.

Leave a comment:

• ShieldArc
    replied
    Originally posted by ahcgt View Post
    How'd they hold up? Ive never messed with any of the high temp powder.
    I seen a car with the intake and headers powdercoated and the owner told me he is happy with the high temp powdercoat.
    I do know there are many different types and maufactures of the powder nowdays, some scratch easy and some dont. It seems the powdercoat 5+yrs ago was more durable. They even have a primer powder to retard rust. Different colors can be different brands at the same place. You need to ask the powdercoater about the powder he uses for your color to get the specifics.

Leave a comment:

• ahcgt
    replied
    Originally posted by ShieldArc View Post
    They have high temperature powdercoat, ive seen headers done with it.
    How'd they hold up? Ive never messed with any of the high temp powder.

Leave a comment:

• lramberson
    Guest replied
    Come on, installed picture.. OK please.

Leave a comment:

• weld-tek
    replied
    i figure the napa high temp paint will outlast the welder.

Leave a comment:

• ShieldArc
    replied
    They have high temperature powdercoat, ive seen headers done with it.

Leave a comment:

• ahcgt
    replied
    Originally posted by burnie View Post
    Very friggin hot. Hot enough to take the fingerprints off of your left hand if you were to grab it while strapping some pipe to your headache rack. I'm just saying, it could happen...
    Ceramic Coated Then! Anything that sees its fair share of the elments I'd rather powdercoat then paint. If its worth it of course.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X