Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burnie
    replied
    Very friggin hot. Hot enough to take the fingerprints off of your left hand if you were to grab it while strapping some pipe to your headache rack. I'm just saying, it could happen...

Leave a comment:

• ahcgt
    replied
    Hey weldingrod you should powdercoat that to keep it good and make it durable. Not sure how hot that would get though?

Leave a comment:

• weld-tek
    replied
    got her installed,and i like it.highly recommend it for the trailblazer.it is quiet a difference.just clink link for audio,it will start automatically

www.quiet.com

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the flapper on top. I just went high enough to clear the cab but not the uprights on my headache rack.

Leave a comment:

• J hall
    replied
    Let's see it! An audio clip would be nice too

Leave a comment:

• BDJ
    replied
    Yeah don't leave us hanging how's it sound? Thanks for the heads up admweld, I was already thinking about that chrome flapper I saw at parts store

Leave a comment:

• ShieldArc
    replied
    You got that pipe on yet? Hows it sound?

Leave a comment:

• weld-tek
    replied
    got er fabbed up,and i took shieldarc advice and before i put it on tonite i installed it on a lincoln first,and just let the lincoln exhaust run through it for a few minutes.

mine is garage kept.i take care of my welders better than my wife
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    Originally posted by burnie View Post
    Just 2 cents but I straight piped mine and it sure made it nicer to work beside. It takes away that high pitched tone and keeps the fumes away nicely.
    This is all good as long as,you out keep your machine out of the rain.Or remember to cover it if left outdoors.I know weldingrods in on a trailer.Which i believed garaged/shop when not in use.

Leave a comment:

• ShieldArc
    replied
    Originally posted by weldingrod View Post
    after the fiasco with the trailer soapstone marks,i quit measuring-i just eyeball.

but it is hard to measure that short-curved-mitered pipe.guess i can just take it off.
    How about i install a steam whistle on your exhaust so everyone will know when your welding.

Leave a comment:

• BDJ
    replied
    Hey, Burnie how tall did u go with that stack been thinking of doing mine. You just helped me make up my mind.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Just 2 cents but I straight piped mine and it sure made it nicer to work beside. It takes away that high pitched tone and keeps the fumes away nicely.

Leave a comment:

• weld-tek
    replied
    Originally posted by ShieldArc View Post
    Can you read a tape??

after the fiasco with the trailer soapstone marks,i quit measuring-i just eyeball.

but it is hard to measure that short-curved-mitered pipe.guess i can just take it off.

Leave a comment:

• ShieldArc
    replied
    Can you read a tape??
    If you cant, the OD of the pipe coming up out of the muffler is 1.50"

Leave a comment:

• weld-tek
    started a topic tb 302 ?

tb 302 ?

im gonna get me a straight up pipe for my trailblazer,without me removing my stock pipe does anybody know what size pipe i need?
Working...
X