Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is everybody at???

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to check in with us Alberta Boys and see where everyone is at?
    Are you enjoying were your at ?
    Done something different on site ?
    Encounterd a good old s h i t show ?
    your only as good as # 2 cuz no matter how good you are there is always someone better"
    2006 DODGE Dualy Quad Cab
    PIPELINE IS THICKER THAN BLOOD!!!
    here is all the pictures of my rig www.cardomain.com/ride/2520047/1

Hey Shane,

Still doin' what I do. Starting to feel the pinch here in town from the Royalty Report. Other than that life's good. I'm not on here as much as I used to be, have a couple other sites that keep me pretty busy. I don't think things have ever fully recovered here since all the fighting... That's how it feels to me anyway. I swing by and check out the threads every couple of days, just 'cause.

If you're interested, send me a PM, and I'll let you know where to find me.
    Hope things are good on your end.

Later,
    Jason
    Later,
    Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Comment

Not pipeline (yet)

Back with the Feds again, finished up a big 3 mos project at Marmot Basin. Structural project for the guys at Kokanee. The new Kokanee Glacier Deck, if you ever get up here to go skiing there is a new deck on the lower chalet. 16 ft wide by 80 ft long and filled with 32 tons of concrete, 4 inches thick. That's why the guy's with the iron rings get the big dollars.

Not pipeline stuff but it's paying the bills...

Going for the B pressure ticket on the 25 of this month in Edmonton so doin' lots of practice on 6" pipe for the next 2 weeks.
      A Failure To Plan On Your Part,
      Is Not An Emergency On My Part!

When you build something Idiot Proof..
      Someone builds a better Idiot!

Scott S.
      Jasper AB
      Canada

Dynasty 200DX

Comment

I am welding at a shop just out of town. by hand. Still it is a paycheque and a really good place to work. Rigs are slow so it is hard to say what the winter will bring. Got some work on a ditcher coming up that is with the truck and hopefully it leads to more.

Byron

Comment

I'm chasing drilling rigs in Wabasca and doing structural in Slave Lake the rest of the time so the wheels keep turning. This royalty review stuff seems to have put a crimp in alot of projects. One of the rigs I look after has already been racked. In spite of that I'm pretty optimistic for what the winter will bring. I'm still playing around with the oil tankers too on occasion so it keeps me out of trouble. Ditto to what Jason said too.
          owner of EVOLUTION WELDING

Comment

pipelinedan coalsmoke where the **** are you guys wicked one , and would someone please explain what happened to this form there are no more field welders on here any more. ive been on the road for the better part of the month and i haven't talk to anyone i used too on here ?? what the deuce?
            your only as good as # 2 cuz no matter how good you are there is always someone better"

Comment

New guy on the site.

Hey guys,I've been looking at this forum for a week now and thought I should say hey. Just another rig welder out of Edmonton(Go Oil!) and would like to say how interesting it is to see what all the "other guys" are up to. In reply to Lynx"s question... I've been good and steady at a Mod Yard here in the city and will be for the next two years. Rate and supply are generous and being home every night with the family is great. The "rig" is an '02 Dodge 3500 4x4 Cummins. Can put some pics up if there is any interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornerstone
                Can put some pics up if there is any interest.
                Like you had to ask. We LOVE pictures.

Later,
                Jason
                Later,
                Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Comment

get that kid some blue

Seems like its starting to pick up, had some small jobs here and there. I am
                  very close to having my truck back together, its got more chrome on it then a Mexican Limo I'll be pretty happy with it when its all done, I took my time and made sure everything was with in arms reach of me, I guess I better take some pics and post them on here. I like looking at other guys rigs, so maybe we should have another rig thread, I am sure with all this time off lots of guys added stuff to there rigs so maybe we can get a bunch of rigs on here again and everybody can show off there stuff

Shane hows the baby life treating you? how close is the little one?? maybe i'll send over some miller blue baby clothes. I am sure that would go over good with the grey machine Reid Family
                  DODGE 1 TON 6.7
                  PIPEPRO 304
                  TO MANY TOOLS
                  JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
                  rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
                  and easily upset
                  go flames go

Comment

might just need some baby wipes and them miller baby clothes might just do the trick (lol)

Yeah to dan and cornerstone get those pictures up i'm in the midst of changing in mine once again nver satisfied i tell you

latley ive been fixing a vessel steam coil at a local shop in crossfeild got brought in because the welder that was in there had a 100% repair rate on 2 sch 160 roll welds i couldn't belive it it was also a sever sour code but still i came in half way had over 15 position welds on the coils and have had no repairs Dan are you working where you said you where going to go or are you some where else

Comment

Have done A couple jobs at a local machine shop here in Calgary. A bit on a construction site. Not a whole bunch of work yet still trying to find something good. If anyone has any ideas please let me know it would be greatly appreciated.
                      Some pics of truck : http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2911494

Comment

re:no rig pics yet

Kinda funny how we pretend to not be checkin' out buddys rig until he goes by,eh? Thats OK, because then we'll get ideas from someone else's set-up. Well fellas, being the new guy on the lease, I feel pretty stupid offering up pics when I can't get them off the old computer. Mac and HP don't talk as well as the instruction book says so. Guess I'll be takin' some tomorrow. As far as some leads on work go....only what I've heard from some of the guys...try Monad Constructers, Willbros, and maybe Ledcors Mod Yard.( all in Edm.) If a guy has his CWB and he doesn't mind some mud, try these piledriving outfits. Red Deer piling, North American,and AGRA to name a few.I know North American has a gig somewheres by Fort. Mac(where else) and the rate is 115/hr.But you might have to pull a permit with the Operating Engineers. Hope this might help some guys.

Comment

log books (Alberta)

I have a friend who is in the trucking business. He was telling me that come Jan. 1 any vehicle over 4500kg will need a log book. Have to follow the same rules as truck drivers as far as hours worked in a day, days off etc. This is probably going to affect some of us with our rigs. Also thinking of mechanics with their trucks as well. I also heard that mechanics working in shops will have to have a log book to do road tests on all vehicles. Wondering if anyone else here has heard anything.

Byron

Comment

In Nh

In new hampshire (USA) any thing over 10,000# only if you go over 100 miles a day you need a log book. And US DOT # if you go out of state.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiebco View Post
                              Have done A couple jobs at a local machine shop here in Calgary. A bit on a construction site. Not a whole bunch of work yet still trying to find something good. If anyone has any ideas please let me know it would be greatly appreciated.
                              Some pics of truck : http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2911494
                              nice set-up there hiebco! Also, a good idea to have the 'pro in sideways behind the cab. I think its alot easier on the rear axle.

Comment

Working...
                              X