X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Wolf
    replied
    Dan,

First off, thanks for the pictures. I'll add them to my files for when I get around to building a skid for my truck.

I think quite a few guys starting out experienced some grief making ends meet here a while ago. Nice, new, and shiny doesn't pay the bills if there is no work. My Super Duty is coming up on 10 yrs old, and my Ranger 250 is a 2003 with over a 1000hrs but they still get the job done for what I need. Remember though, that I am primarily a shop welder, doing fabrication and repair welding, not a pipeliner like yourself, so I don't need my Ranger everyday. My shop job also ensures me steady work year 'round regardless of weather or local economy, so I can't complain. Work is work. It all makes money and pays the bills.

Things must be picking up here though for the pipeliners. I leave for work just after 6am and must see 15 or 20 welding rigs on my way across town. Most are leaving town South on Hghwy 40. A handful are heading East on Hghwy 43. You can park at just about any main intersection in GP here and have probably 100+ welding rigs go by in less than an hour for the morning and afternoon rushes. See the rigs moving 7 days/week, so good for them. They need to work too.

Later,
    Jason

Leave a comment:

• pipeline Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by Black Wolf View Post
    Just as a suggestion Dan, look up Lynx Welding on this board and check out Shane's new dually setup with slide out toolboxes. It's definitely different and shows some thinking outside the box. Neat way to organize and transport the bevelers etc.
    Later,
    Ya thats a good set up, I've had my boxes slide out for years, here's a couple pictures of my old rig it was an 03 short box 1 ton cummins. I was trying to come up with a way that the boxes would push up instead of out but have not come up with a good way as of yet. I also thought of having everything slide out with a push of a button but when the cable gets all twisted its a real messreal hard to get on steady if you know what I mean.

Black Wolf how's GP, is it starting to pick up in your neck of the woods?
    I was going to drive up this summer to buy a bunch of toys that the young
    rig pigs lost due to no work, I heard there was lots to choose from
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Black Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by pipeline Dan
    I was looking for something different HMMMMM I guess I'll have to come up with something or keep looking
    Just as a suggestion Dan, look up Lynx Welding on this board and check out Shane's new dually setup with slide out toolboxes. It's definitely different and shows some thinking outside the box. Neat way to organize and transport the bevelers etc.

Later,

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    My old rig

Originally posted by PLUMMER View Post
    AAAHHHHHHHH....... he's got no pride in his rig. That is one sweet office. He must have gotten a bunch of complaints about the old work enviroment and had to up grade. HEhehehehe.......

PRIDE.....its what makes your stuff so good.
    Here,s one of the old office,If this rig would have stop eatin transmissions i would have keep it.Got no complaints other than that.But when i ordered my 550 i got a stick instead of the auto that my 350/UB had.The other photo is the p-side of the new rig with my TB300D on the rear corner.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pipeline Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by Coalsmoke
    Here you go Dan. I made the shelve deal out of aluminum so it doesn't rust and only weighs about 10lbs.
    Ya thats what I thought, your one of those sick MOFO's that has everything neat and tidy

Nice set up Coal, I have had those type of set ups before as well, they work real well, I was looking for something different HMMMMM I guess I'll have to come up with something or keep looking

Leave a comment:

• Pyro
    replied
    I like the slide out welder deal... i thought of doing that with a table under the bed.

Leave a comment:

• pipeline Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by Coalsmoke View Post
    No worries, I love looking at other peoples stuff too. The truck on the homepage is the new setup. Go to Gallery 11, that has some pictures with the new setup in it, and if you'd like some more specific photos like inside cabinets, I can post them up here.
    Gallery 12 is in the works. Probably will be up tomorrow.
    I always loook at other guys rigs, I guess you could say my truck was made from 10+ rigs

Coal you need to take some pictures of the inside of you boxes, I dont care if its neat and tidy I just need some new ideas for my new set up, i was also thinking about putting in some lights this time around Hey did you ever start growing electric lettuce? I still think if you run it off that grey machine they'd never know, with time you could own Miller I really think you should give it a think over just tell the wife its a new type of tea

Leave a comment:

• Pyro
    replied
    Some say i'm a bit ****, but i love the tricked out type of tool setups, do you have pics of the new setup?

Leave a comment:

• Pyro
    replied
    Hey Coal, I checked out your pics, nice rig... i like your air setup but where is your compressor located? or did i miss it?

Leave a comment:

• pipeline Dan
    replied
    I am just finishing up my new 6.7 welding rig, your more then welcome to pictures of it. Alls you can see on it is Dodge "Brillant Black Crystal Pearl" and chrome, infact the panels for my pipepro get chromed tomorrow. When Its all done I am going to post some new pictures, I managed to add even more pull out storage then my 03 had, I cant wait to get it shined up and on the road.

Leave a comment:

• PLUMMER
    replied
    AAAHHHHHHHH....... he's got no pride in his rig. That is one sweet office. He must have gotten a bunch of complaints about the old work enviroment and had to up grade. HEhehehehe.......

PRIDE.....its what makes your stuff so good.

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    my rig

Heres a few of mine don,t know if whats your lookin for .Has some chrome lots of blue and i think it is cool. but thats just me.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• miller101
    started a topic Chromed out new welding truck pics

Chromed out new welding truck pics

I was looking for a kick butt screen saver. Any of you, not necessarily owners of rigs who dont wanna share there pictures on line but any one u seen some killer new welding rig trucks on the internet. Id prefer something all chromed up, not like a huge industrial flat bed but any make will do. Just something say from 2000 and up. Ive seen some beautiful rigs pass down the highway, mostly newer dodges but i wanted a pic so i can have something to oogle at when i boot up the p.c, im sure alot of u have stumbled across them on the web.

Thanks guys
Working...
X